Concerts you are attending

bamachine

Seeing Son Volt Thursday at Scoot Inn. Looking forward to it, as they're playing Trace front to back and that's one of my all time favorite albums.

If anyone has extras for that show and is looking to sell let me know. Live Nation dickhead fucksticks have taken over and resale prices are through the roof. I have some friends who want to go.

Edited by MidTexHorn
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

I was on 15 for the entire Pantera set.  The mixing and acoustics were terrible, but I may not get another shot to see Pantera again.  First time all 4 members were in the same place in over 2 decades. \m/

i want to them again in a better venue. Vocals were too low 

pantera 2.0, felt right. I hope they go all out 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Is Bobby "Rock" Landgraf (Honky, etc.) playing with Pantera or just part of the crew?  I see tons of his Facebook posts about the tour, but I can't actually tell if he plays with them.  I think he plays with Down.

Current Pantera lineup:
Phil 
Rex Brown
Zakk Wylde

Charlie Benante

Damn that one sneaked up on me.

Lots of great Beck shows here over the years. Of particular note was the weird show at Westlake High School and then the one where he took over the Flaming Lips and Wayne Coyne just stood around and played with a light on a rope the whole time.

Still regret missing the Midnight Vultures tour, which everybody said was awesome.

44 minutes ago, stc said:

i'll be there as well, interested in weyes blood but i can't fucking stand phoenix so guess i'll miss all the openers. 

i hate phoenix as well and have my kid's back to school night but planning on grabbing a cheap ticket to see beck.

Man I don’t know what’s wrong with you guys. Phoenix put on a great show. They don’t sound like anybody else. Loved their visuals as well.

Beck played an hour and a half of non stop straight bangers.

Despite the heat they both killed it when they could’ve mailed it in and no one would’ve blamed them.

Didn’t see the first band.

686c4faed60d268d2524ee8d5c10428d.jpg
4ba2d54a414aa043d79ef1a2ebf834e0.jpeg
a0d1b50792340be0378864f7f4cea958.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4

Not a show I would have marked but girlfriend is a huge Phoenix fan so we went.

their set was similar to what they did at ACL Fest last year but much better in this venue.  Still meh for me.

but Beck rocked my face off. A lot heavier than I expected. The opening 4-5 songs brought the heat and really upped the energy in the place.

Man I don’t know what’s wrong with you guys. Phoenix put on a great show. They don’t sound like anybody else. Loved their visuals as well.

Despite the heat they both killed it when they could’ve mailed it in and no one would’ve blamed them.

Enjoyed it as well. Like the collaboration on creating a summer song for the tour. Stage set up and lights were awesome. The drummer for Phoenix was a fucking beast - enjoyed the set.
Beck and his band are fucking pros. That dude is so talented. I wish Jenny Lewis opened on this leg of the tour as we are big fans. But Becks set was a perfect primer on his catalogue and range.

Enjoyed a burger and a beer prior at Crown And Anchor on the patio with comfortable Temps in the 80s. Pretty glorious, burger still slams.

Little weird, personally, after seeing so many jam band shows, more specifically Dead and Slow, the last year, then getting 3 hrs of just like the record bang bang bang hits from two bands.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

This. Went in with low expectations but Phoenix was awesome. And Beck was killer. I’ve seen him 3 times over 20 years and he’s still bringing it! Visuals from both shows were stellar and so unique.

Phoenix had a good light show but their music is nails on a chalkboard for me. That woo ha singing hallelujah song is a crime against humanity. Like them even less after seeing them live.

Beck was excellent and had great energy. Good mix of songs from all of his albums and his band was top notch. Loved that he played straight through, no encore. Felt like he was slipping for a couple years but last night was as good as I've seen him.

IMG_20230823_084835_790.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, stc said:

Phoenix had a good light show but their music is nails on a chalkboard for me. That woo ha singing hallelujah song is a crime against humanity. Like them even less after seeing them live.

Beck was excellent and had great energy. Good mix of songs from all of his albums and his band was top notch. Loved that he played straight through, no encore. Felt like he was slipping for a couple years but last night was as good as I've seen him.

IMG_20230823_084835_790.jpg

whats the dude on the rights name?  Swear he is the most active touring bass player out there.

I got two passes for ACL taping tomorrow night of Robert Glasper.  Don't know his stuff that well but really dug what I heard.  I can't make it though.  If somebody loves him on here, you can have them.  But apparently I have to give them to you on site so you gotta pay for my parking, but otherwise-they're yours.  

Not a show I would have marked but girlfriend is a huge Phoenix fan so we went.
their set was similar to what they did at ACL Fest last year but much better in this venue.  Still meh for me.

but Beck rocked my face off. A lot heavier than I expected. The opening 4-5 songs brought the heat and really upped the energy in the place.

I missed them at ACL which was my main reason for seeing this show.

Beck I’ve seen a few times. He brought his A game with this set. He played 30 minutes of high energy, up tempo songs before he played a slow one. That’s no mean feat. I mean, he isn’t old, but it was like full on party without a rest for a while. That’s a long time for a crowd.
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Born to Run said:

Enjoyed it as well. Like the collaboration on creating a summer song for the tour. Stage set up and lights were awesome. The drummer for Phoenix was a fucking beast - enjoyed the set.

Noticed this as well. Spent several songs just mesmerized by him.

the lights/strobe effect help some as it made it look like he had 8 arms, but pretty incredible to watch him wail.

2 hours ago, stc said:

Phoenix had a good light show but their music is nails on a chalkboard for me. That woo ha singing hallelujah song is a crime against humanity. 

96FDD147-3AB6-4EC9-81D7-9345E60F866E.gif.a77ce9dc23d00a0edf05bed8523a2439.gif

my girlfriend knows how much I hate that song and just started laughing when she recognized the opening of that song.

On 8/21/2023 at 1:13 PM, MidTexHorn said:

Seeing Son Volt Thursday at Scoot Inn. Looking forward to it, as they're playing Trace front to back and that's one of my all time favorite albums.

On 8/21/2023 at 2:27 PM, MAUFRAIS said:

Will also be at son volt.

On 8/21/2023 at 2:42 PM, 4th&Five said:

I’ll be there as well. Anders Parker (opener) is worth catching also.  

I'll be there too- looking forward to it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Soulhat was a lot better last night than the gig they played 6 months ago. The drummer, Conrad, was a huge improvement. Also guessing they got some more rehearsals in. They played 2 hours straight with a lot of loose jamming. Lots of people there reliving the glory days. Good times.

20230826_203110.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

Soulhat was a lot better last night than the gig they played 6 months ago. The drummer, Conrad, was a huge improvement. Also guessing they got some more rehearsals in. They played 2 hours straight with a lot of loose jamming. Lots of people there reliving the glory days. Good times.

20230826_203110.thumb.jpg.f506a79ce332b3c0cda9fd85a69b33a5.jpg
Conrad's been playing with Kevin off and on for years.  Great dude and killed it last night with more focused drumming while doing some of the Frosty hits.   So glad to see them playing together again. 

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1

Damn!  Would love to see Soulhat again.  I practically lived at Black Cat when they were in residence there.  

I'm going to see Os Mutantes tonight at the Aladdin Theater in Portland, Or.

Really excited to see the opener Ghost Funk Orchestra, too.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Nuge said:

Damn!  Would love to see Soulhat again.  I practically lived at Black Cat when they were in residence there.  

I'm going to see Os Mutantes tonight at the Aladdin Theater in Portland, Or.

Really excited to see the opener Ghost Funk Orchestra, too.

debating on getting tickets for ghost funk orchestra, let me know how they are. love their albums. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Saw Turnpike Troubadours, Avett Brothers and Old 97’s in Bonner Springs, KS over the weekend. Holy hell what a great show… 3 of my 5 or so favorite bands playing in one show was awesome. And the weather even cooperated… it was like in the mid 70s and perfect. 

IMG_1370.jpeg

IMG_0022.jpeg

IMG_1368.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1