Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers

Zeus

14 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Are you drunk? Some of this is pure fiction. Fans never saw Rising or Kinne,  so nobody ran out of patience with them. Kinne saw Colt and said I am out of here. Elhinger was just a better fit, than Shane. That was Herman call, not fans losing patience.  Now how about you name the Texas QBs that started out poorly and faded away? You are going to chastise  fans for their lack of patience on Swoopes, Heard, or Thompson? 

1000% I’ll chastise people on Heard. Thank you for bringing him up

Edited by StassneyHorn

1 minute ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

We've got three QBs with room for two. Manning is not going to be 3rd string next year. He'll leave the program. Now is the time to make the decision. Hey, give Manning a shot and if he shits the bed, let's go forward with Maalik next year,  but putting this season on Maalik's shoulders is a mistake. 

We've got a good team supporting Manning. Let's give him a shot.

That's not how that will go at all. Maalik believes he can be just as good as the other two. That is the only reason he is still wearing burnt orange. If he gets pulled for Arch then there won't be a next year. He will portal. If you think Arch and Murphy are even somewhat at the same level then you let Murph ride it out. Arch expected to redshirt.

6 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

The Big Lebowski Child Who Wanders Into The Middle Of A ...

He signed in 07 and transferred in 08. Colt won 45 fucking football games. You wanted us to be patient with GJ kinne? Squints was a 5 star, best qb in his class recruit. If mack isn’t a complete idiot and we don’t change the offense then Gilbert is another Texas legend. Adding kinne to that list was stupid. 

• Like 1

The way people fawned over Thompson and his shitty deep ball ducks is classic “you guys” over Rising.

GJ Kinne v Colt is matchup you have no idea how would have turned out and only have Colts success at our program to judge, and not Kinne at Tulsa to fall back on

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

The way people fawned over Thompson and his shitty deep ball ducks is classic “you guys” over Rising.

GJ Kinne v Colt is matchup you have no idea how would have turned out and only have Colts success at our program to judge, and not Kinne at Tulsa to fall back on

Wtf. Rising transferred before there could be a Thompson v rising debate. Sam was a junior when rising transferred. Damn, are you trolling us? If so I fell for it lol. Colt v kinne is not something I had on my bingo card…ever. Colts success at our program made him a hall of famer haha. This has been a strange argument. 

Maalik might be the best backup QB for this situation. The problem is we'll never know. 

The bigger problem is this show goes on the road and if Ewers isn't ready for next Saturday then Maalik might throw us out of the game. We gotta hope Ewers is ready because it's too late to get Arch ready for the road game. 

4 hours ago, freyguy said:

The good thing with this, the voters will have an understanding that our shitty wins were due to an inexperienced quarterback.  So as along as we continue to win until Ewars is 100% healthy, we shouldn't lose any ground in rankings.

Maalik needs to tighten up his decision making, and learn to apply amnesia after every setback. 

The next 3 teams are trash, but each of them have upset us in years past. 

We are in the spot we wanted to be in.  Bitching about our backup QB, instead of bitching about how our backup QB hasn't gotten any play time (which has always screwed us down the road).

Keep the focusness.  Ewars is fragile, this is concerning.  Do we want to risk another injury before the conf championship game?  How would that look?  Another bad hit against another trash school would kill this season. 

If we can continue to invest time and learning into Maalik, not burn Arch's shirt, and continue to win, great for us.  This has to be Sark's long game.

I think we could drop 1 because of Bama beating LSU.  It wouldn't surprise me.  Even though we beat Bama, and beat a ranked team they beat a higher-ranked SEC team.  I can't read the playoff committee's tendencies yet, so we may still get lucky for beating Bama head-to-head but Oklahoma beat us head-to-head and it didn't help them.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Well yea, y’all did it 

The point is our transfers are NFL ready and the stupid ass scrubs you picked over years didn’t do dick

Stass- What somebody did at a directional school doesn't equate to what someone does here. It's a lot different. Playing higher quality defenses with a lot more pressure on you. Secondly, the NFL brings guys in on potential. If they have all the measurables they are looking for they will bring them in on potential. You know, the same way we bring in recruits from high school. None of those dudes worked out here nor did they work out in the next level.

5 hours ago, dec3169 said:

I think we could drop 1 because of Bama beating LSU.  It wouldn't surprise me.  Even though we beat Bama, and beat a ranked team they beat a higher-ranked SEC team.  I can't read the playoff committee's tendencies yet, so we may still get lucky for beating Bama head-to-head but Oklahoma beat us head-to-head and it didn't help them.

OU had a worse loss.

11 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

Why was his rocket arm short 90% of the day? 

I wonder if he was hurt sometime during the game

It was definitely a night and day, Jekyll and Hyde kind of performance 

He made poor decisions for sure, but his throws also fucking sucked in the 2nd half in a way I haven’t seen from him before 

8 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

A TON of people were calling for Colts head second year. Jevan Snead was the shiny object that year before he left and beat Tebow and Florida at Ole Miss.

8 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Literally the entire Texas.rivals.com and hornFans message board was calling for Jevan

In Colt's second year as a starter, Jevan Snead was sitting out the season at Ole Miss because he'd transferred.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Needs to be comfortable in pocket, he tends to rush throws that he shouldn’t. He also needs to learn to just take a sack. 

I’m sure I may have missed it but has he taken more than 5 actual hits? Not sure he eats the ball OR throws it away. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Bobby Layne said:

I’m sure I may have missed it but has he taken more than 5 actual hits? Not sure he eats the ball OR throws it away. 

Which is why the antsy-ness in the pocket is so bad. He has only really been popped one time from my viewing and it was yesterday. He’s had clean pockets often but gets nervous and hurries. Doesn’t step up and tries to all arm throw when that happens. 

He’s shown flashes of good and really bad. He needs time like all inexperienced quarterbacks. The problem is for the first time in over a decade we don’t have time to deal with the ups and downs of a young QB. We are in a conference championship race and potential CFP run.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

He’s 2-0

needs to be more consistent but damn he’s talented  

So it’s not just shitty baseball players you assign mystical qualities to when their team wins in spite of them? 
I’m perfectly fine with MAlik Murphy being the Martin Maldonado of my football life. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Frank Drebin said:

He plays like he’s afraid to take a hit.  Which is weird because he’s bigger or as big as most of the defensive players.  Maybe he’s hurt.  I hope that’s it and he’s not just afraid of contact.  

He’s missed 3 practices in the past 3 weeks. I can’t imagine he’s not dinged on some level- they aren’t holding him out for fun. 

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

He’s missed 3 practices in the past 3 weeks. I can’t imagine he’s not dinged on some level- they aren’t holding him out for fun. 

Is it time to start being worried the guy is just injury prone?  Seems like he was hurt in high school.  And has been hurt most of his time since he got to Austin. Or are these just one offs?

After hearing Klatt fawn over his “anticipation” it’s pretty clear that it wasn’t anticipation rather him memorizing scripted plays to start the game. The guy just hurls the ball to wherever he was supposed to go with the ball regardless of how the play progresses. He has absolutely zero field awareness. He’s turned the ball over five times and he’s lucky it hasn’t been ten times. The longer he plays for us the higher the likelihood he costs us a game. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Is it time to start being worried the guy is just injury prone?  Seems like he was hurt in high school.  And has been hurt most of his time since he got to Austin. Or are these just one offs?

I'm sorry, are we talking about Maalik or Ewars here?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

I mean I’m not worried about anything with him other than him fucking up our season by playing like a regard. 
he’s out of here at the end of the season to the transfer portal. The take never made a damn bit of sense, he’s played 3 more games (if he plays TCU) than I ever expected him to as a longhorn and he will be on the first thing smoking to some mediocre school where he will continue to entice people with “oh my goodness he’s so big, he has a big arm, he’s black so he must be athletic (they won’t say it exactly like that they will instead say something coded like- let’s introduce some QB running game by getting Murphy in)” and he will probably still suck. 
even if he doesn’t no big deal, we aren’t missing out on where we want to be at the QB situation when he transfers out. 
you cannot stack highly touted QB’s on top of each other you have to separate them by class. 
the script is “guy you hope will be a 1st round draft pick” physically maxed out guy that doesn’t have the measurable that you hope can drive the bus not off a cliff then Back to highly touted guy the next year. Sark is doing it right with whatever QB from a houston suburb he has in here right now whose name I don’t know nor do I care to in 24 and then a top 10 stud in 25. 

• Fuck You 1

Quickly went back over the first quarter to see what looks they were getting and it's tough to tell from tv but looked like KSU inexplicably came out in a lot of man coverage with numbers up to stop the run giving AD and Worthy free reign to abuse their corners. Once they switched out to more of their zone looks Murphy started looking shitty but they were already down 17 pts. I doubt TCU makes that mistake, but I'm shocked Klieman's guys made that mistake. Overall KSU coaches really coached a very shitty game. Horrible mistakes all around by those guys. 

• Hook 'Em 5

• immamac changed the title to Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers