2022-23 PGA Tour season

Wally Fairway

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Highlight of the DP Championship (or whatever they call it) - as a former club thrower myself I give him a ton of props for thinking he could knock the driver out of the tree.

Full disclosure - my last thrown club was as a HS junior, when my driver got stuck in a tree off the 7th tee. And it stayed there for over a week, finally fell and it was in the pro shop after someone turned it back in. Tommy Bolt was right - "if you are going to throw a club, throw it ahead of you because you save energy as you are headed that way"

• Like 1

On 11/20/2023 at 10:06 AM, Wally Fairway said:

Highlight of the DP Championship (or whatever they call it) - as a former club thrower myself I give him a ton of props for thinking he could knock the driver out of the tree.

Full disclosure - my last thrown club was as a HS junior, when my driver got stuck in a tree off the 7th tee. And it stayed there for over a week, finally fell and it was in the pro shop after someone turned it back in. Tommy Bolt was right - "if you are going to throw a club, throw it ahead of you because you save energy as you are headed that way"

Growing up playing with my Dad, I retrieved his driver for him on average twice a round.  He was always nice enough to rifle it 30 or 40 yards down the fairway so I could usually just lean out of the cart and snag it on the way.  I was never much of a club thrower but I might have hammered a few tees into the ground like John Henry after a railroad spike.

• Hook 'Em 1

Tiger watch is full on this week, as TW says he is playing in the Hero World Challenge. 

The smallest field that gets OWGR points,  20 players in this invitational event.
TW is paired with JT, Jordan is with Wil Z (who is in his first event since the match play in March. 

After this it is see you in 2024
unless you count mixed team Invitational next week)

I know the Dell Technologies Match Play deal in Austin is no longer for 2024.  But I thought I read (maybe upthread several pages back) somewhere that there would be another PGA event in/around Austin next season---and it would be a traditional 4-day conventional event.

Jordy came out at his presser and told everyone he hurt his wrist again (reaching for a toaster good crap) during the summer, which explains his shitty second half of last season. 

Interested parties might like to have known that before now. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Tiggity tiger woods yo! 4 deep through 8. Not watching because I’m on business trip- does he look physically ok or is he still wrecked? 

You can def tell he’s changed his swing, guessing because of mobility issues. He looks better up top, but remember how he used to really push off with his back foot for even more? Yeah, he isn’t doing that any more. There might be a slight push off the back, but very little, if any.

My guess is he’s put a little more into his upper regimen to compensate, but who knows. 

He’s beat up pretty good, but would still dust all of our asses, so there’s that. 

Wow…what an asshole.

“However, Rahm said this in August about LIV: “I laugh when people rumor me with LIV Golf. I never liked the format. And I always have a good time with Phil Mickelson and Sergio Garcia in the practice rounds of majors. Phil respects my decision, and I respect his [choice].”

That’s from Rahm in August.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't blame him one bit for taking that obscene amount of money. JJ Watt is his good friend, and he told John that he would kick John's ass if he didn't take that deal.

I like John but I won't miss him for a minute just like I don't miss any of the golfers who have jumped. There's plenty of great golf played almost every weekend. 

Enjoy the money and no one watching, John.

• Hook 'Em 2

Also fuck letting them play in the Ryder Cup. Fuck Zach Johnson for letting Douche Koepka play in the Ryder. Ban them from that event. Ostracize those motherfuckers. If you let these assholes get their money and still participate in Majors and Ryders, what's keeping other big names from jumping. That was beyond fucking stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1

Rahm must've been pissed about the back door agreement with PIF and this is him being petty.

Good for him I guess getting the bag, but yeah, this sucks for the fans.

No reason now to watch anything but the majors in PGA.

LIV format is a joke.