Private detention center warden & his bro shot migrants on side of road In Hudspeth Co...for fun?

bolverk

2 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Been a long time since I've read a fight threat on this type of site.  Will there be a meeting under the bridge on Congress?

Doesn't mean anything violent.  I'd just like to see the same vitriol to my face that gets so easily disseminated over this site. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Thank you for reminding me that political parties are only about 1 issue.  I had forgotten.  Not happy that Trump carried over kids in cages from your boy Obama, and expanded on it, but that happened long after any votes were cast.  Feel free to link me to Abbotts "shooting immigrants" policy, and I'll give it a read.  

I was more talking about the thousands of brown foreign children being subjected to our states horrific foster care system after being forcibly separated from their parents that they were traveling with. Which is a uniquely trumpian and abbott policy. Along with the theft of billions of our tax dollars to pay for a shitty and already decaying wall through some of our states most beautiful nature 

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

I don't believe I said anything vitriolic. 

Your exact words were that I'm OK with the murder of someone based on the color of their skin.  What can be more malicious?

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I was more talking about the thousands of brown foreign children being subjected to our states horrific foster care system after being forcibly separated from their parents that they were traveling with. Which is a uniquely trumpian and abbott policy. Along with the theft of billions of our tax dollars to pay for a shitty and already decaying wall through some of our states most beautiful nature 

Well certainly you were. It conveniently leaves out the fucked up policies of your group, if that's your line.   And as we all know, if you voted for someone, you back ALL of their policies.  You can say it.  You are OK with kids in cages.  You voted for it, it makes you hard.  Right?  That's how this works, no?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, fattyflattie said:

Well certainly you were. It conveniently leaves out the fucked up policies of your group, if that's your line.   And as we all know, if you voted for someone, you back ALL of their policies.  You can say it.  You are OK with kids in cages.  You voted for it, it makes you hard.  Right?  That's how this works, no?

I actually voted Romney in 2012 for what it's worth lmao

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Thank you for reminding me that political parties are only about 1 issue.  I had forgotten.  Not happy that Trump carried over kids in cages from your boy Obama, and expanded on it,

See, you're not intellectually honest enough to outline the massive difference between the two POTUS policies.  The reason why is because it furthers the point that you're a shitbag who votes for evil people, not IN SPITE of their evil policies but BECAUSE of their evil policies.

• Hook 'Em 6

... and don't forget the massive, pointless border stops and NONsearches that cost Texas billions of dollars and found nada bc it was nothing but a political sideshow for idiots.

anybody voting for Abbott after these years and years of shitshow after shitshow isn't necessarily racist, but they are definitely stupid. congratulations? 

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 5

Oh goody, another thread where fatty trolls us about his virtuous and upstanding morals and standing in society that still leads him to vote for the party that demonizes minorities and doesn’t care about murdered school kids

yay!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Jokes on you I'm gay or trans or my girl is not white, whichever scares you the most.

None of that scares me.  You must have missed the whole living several years in Mexico as an adult part. 

4 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

I honestly haven't been paying attention - is Abbott at all considering a presidential run? Is part of what is going on with Desantis and Abbott a mistreatment of brown people evil-off in order to secure the nomination of the party that centers its platform around such things?

It's the rumor but he has about a 0.0% chance, and I believe he's smart enough to know that.  People are talking about how DeSantis doesnt stand a chance at 5'-8" or whatever.  A wheelchair is a non-starter. 

6 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Your exact words were that I'm OK with the murder of someone based on the color of their skin.  What can be more malicious?

Are you or are you not still fine with voting for people that demonize Mexicans? You may say you abhor the predictable outcome, murders like this. But, if you keep doing it, you clearly believe that it is an acceptable loss to achieve whatever other political outcomes you desire. That is being "ok" with it. If you think that is malicious, then maybe you should be angry at yourself and the people you vote for, not me.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

Are you or are you not still fine with voting for people that demonize Mexicans? You may say you abhor the predictable outcome, murders like this. But, if you keep doing it, you clearly believe that it is an acceptable loss to achieve whatever other political outcomes you desire. That is being "ok" with it. If you think that is malicious, then maybe you should be angry at yourself and the people you vote for, not me.  

Are you more concerned with actions, or words?  Because I know you understand exactly how immigrants are being treated today, quietly.  Again, since it's your side, I'm going to assume you are "ok" with it. 

15 hours ago, bolverk said:

One can only imagine how they treat them on the inside.

Two Migrants Shot, One Fatally, Along Roadway in Rural Texas
A detention center warden in Hudspeth County is one of two men arrested in connection with the attack east of El Paso, a law enforcement official said.

HOUSTON — Two unauthorized migrants were shot, one of them fatally, by two men in a pickup truck that approached them as they walked along a roadway in West Texas, according to court documents filed on Thursday.

After the shooting, which took place on Tuesday evening, the truck was found parked at a home in Hudspeth County, a rural area east of El Paso that runs from the border with Mexico to the state line of New Mexico.

Two men were arrested in connection with the shooting, law enforcement officials said: Michael Sheppard, the warden at a local privately run detention center, and his twin brother, Mark Sheppard.

Both men were charged with manslaughter, according to affidavits filed by investigators in the case. Neither could be immediately reached for comment.

The killing came amid a sharply escalating national debate over the treatment of migrants and how to respond to a record number of asylum seekers and other arrivals at the southern border.

Reveal hidden contents

In Texas, Gov. Greg Abbott has been busing thousands of migrants, who are awaiting asylum proceedings, north to cities run by Democrats, saying he was doing so to relieve the pressure on resources in often poor rural counties along the border. And earlier this month, Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida arranged for 48 migrants, who had been in San Antonio, to be flown to Martha’s Vineyard.

The migrants who were shot on Tuesday were many miles from the border, according to the affidavits, crossing through the desert in an apparent attempt to avoid detection by law enforcement or border officials.

They were walking in a group along a roadway near Sierra Blanca around 7 p.m. when they stopped at a water tank, according to the affidavits. As the pickup truck approached, the group, which included at least four people, tried to hide. The truck drove by and then stopped and backed up, according to the filings.

The driver then left the pickup truck, according to the affidavits.

During interviews with federal agents, the migrants said that they had heard one of the men shout in Spanish for them to “Come out,” peppering his language with profanity, before revving the engine of the truck, according to the affidavits. The revving of the engine led the migrants to believe that the truck was leaving, at which point, they told investigators, the two shots were fired, according to the affidavits.

The driver leaned on the truck’s hood and fired two shots at the group of migrants before climbing back in and driving away, according to the affidavits.

One shot hit one of the migrants in the head, killing him; another shot hit a female migrant in the stomach, the official said. She was taken to a hospital, where she was recovering, according to a statement from the Texas Department of Public Safety, which is investigating the case.

The truck was traced by investigators, working with the U.S. Border Patrol, to a home in Sierra Blanca, the official said.

“We all responded,” First Deputy Chief Lasaro Salgado of the Hudspeth County sheriff’s office said, describing the night of the shooting. “We handed the investigation to the Rangers.”

The deputy said that the Texas Rangers had arrested the Sheppards, both 60.

In their interviews with the police, summarized in the affidavits, the two men said that they had been out looking for animals to shoot, first telling investigators that they had been looking for ducks, and then birds and finally javelinas, hoglike animals that are common to the drier parts of West Texas.

Mark Sheppard said that they had stopped the truck because they believed they had spotted a javelina, according to the affidavits, and he said his brother had left the truck with a shotgun and had fired two times. Neither of them went to check on whether they had struck anything, he said, according to the affidavits.

He denied to the police that either man had yelled anything before opening fire, according to the affidavits, and afterward, the men left to attend a county water board meeting.

The F.B.I., the Border Patrol and Homeland Security Investigations are assisting in the investigation, according to a spokesman for the Rangers, who declined to provide further details.

Michael Sheppard worked as the warden of the West Texas Detention Center in Sierra Blanca, a site run by LaSalle Corrections, a company that operates more than a dozen private detention facilities in Texas, Louisiana and Georgia, according to the company’s website.

A spokesman for the company, Scott Sutterfield, said in an emailed statement that Mr. Sheppard had been “terminated due to an off-duty incident unrelated to his employment” and that no further details could be provided because of the “ongoing criminal investigation.”

Representative Veronica Escobar, whose district includes El Paso and who has been vocal about combating anti-immigration sentiment, called on the Department of Justice to begin an investigation into what she described as an apparent hate crime against migrants.

The kind of thread you’ll never see on Texags for 1000.

22 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Doesn't mean anything violent.  I'd just like to see the same vitriol to my face that gets so easily disseminated over this site. 

You wrote "Come a HH or tailgate I bet you wouldn’t be as sure in those checks your mouth is writing," which in my interpretation was  "you aren't brave enough to talk to me like that because you'd be scared of me kicking your ass."  Implied violence. Or at minimum implied serious business.  Harkened back to the days on Austin360 when I think Billhorn and I forget who were going to meet under the bridge for fisticuffs.  Don't think it was over politics though.

I myself definitely wouldn't talk at you or with you about such things in person.  Just as I normally never enagage with you online.  Ignoring and moving on is easy for me.  

Edited by MC Fresh Breath
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, MC Fresh Breath said:

You wrote "Come a HH or tailgate I bet you wouldn’t be as sure in those checks your mouth is writing," which in my interpretation was  "you aren't brave enough to talk to me like that because you'd be scared of me kicking your ass."  Implied violence. Or at minimum implied serious business.

I myself definitely wouldn't talk at you or with you about such things in person.  Just as I normally never enagage with you online.  Ignoring and moving on is easy for me.  

Correct.  I stand by my assertion.  Most people here wouldn't talk to others like they do on the internet.  When there's no harm, there's no foul.  About 99% of the shit here flies right off my back.  Asserting someone is OK with the murder of others because the color of their skin is bullshit.  Tying it to a vote from 6 year ago is further bullshit.  And I maintain it would be avoided or walked back in person.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, trauma babe said:

Nocturnal Animals is a great movie, if you haven't seen it. Super underrated/under seen imo

Didn't make it past the opening scene with the car. Not sure why, but that terrified me more than anything I've seen on screen in recent memory.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, bolverk said:

Looks like they're twins and they hold zero resemblance to the "tough guy" photo above.

Mike-Sheppard-right-Mark-Sheppard-Left.j

https://www.ktsm.com/local/el-paso-news/two-men-arrested-for-killing-a-migrant-and-injuring-another/

This is exactly what I expected these pieces of shit to look like.

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

I’ll put my involvement in the Hispanic community throughout my entire life  against yours any day of the week.  Or maybe you can tell me how many years you lived in Mexico?  

I have many black and/or brown friends.

black-friends-friends.gif

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

look at how bad the libs hate these immigrants

From the guy who celebrated his godking feeding unplated McDonald's and Burger King, instead of usual White House fare on proper flatware, to national championship caliber Student-Athletes who happened to be mostly of color.  

1 hour ago, MeerkatBong said:

Your daddy ever tell you how Uncle Mac come to his reward? Gunned down on his own porch over in Hudspeth County. Seven or eight of 'em come up there, all wantin' this, wantin' that. Uncle Mac went back in the house to get the shotgun. Well, they was ahead of him. Shot him in his doorway. Aunt Ella come out, tried to stop the bleeding. Uncle Mac all the while trying to get that shotgun. They just sat there on their horses, watchin' him die. After a while, one of 'em said somethin' in Indian and they turned. Left out. Uncle Mac knew the score, even if Aunt Ella didn't. Shot through the left lung. And that was that - as they say.

Gave you some rep.  Was bugging me, we have family all up and down the Rio Grande but not that far West.  And I was kicking myself, even after google maps, "why is there some old man voice in my head saying Hudspeth County?"  Loved that scene, thanks for getting that worm outta my ear.  csb/ for years after I'd finish reading to my oldest...instead of saying "The End"...I'd say "And that was that, as they say."  But she's a better reader than I am nowadays so I guess that scene fell outta my brain.  

Anyway, all we need on this thread so we can check all the cliche political boxes is for somebody to dismiss the murders and say, "But what about Chicago"...and we can go about the business of beating WVU.  Seen a bunch of their fans on campus today.  And you know how a lotta times, fanbases that travel are usually either female students with ties back that area or MILF's with cash to travel and look good?  Yeah, that's not who they brought.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

From the guy who celebrated his godking feeding unplated McDonald's and Burger King, instead of usual White House fare on proper flatware, to national championship caliber Student-Athletes who happened to be mostly of color.  

Gave you some rep.  Was bugging me, we have family all up and down the Rio Grande but not that far West.  And I was kicking myself, even after google maps, "why is there some old man voice in my head saying Hudspeth County?"  Loved that scene, thanks for getting that worm outta my ear.  csb/ for years after I'd finish reading to my oldest...instead of saying "The End"...I'd say "And that was that, as they say."  But she's a better reader than I am nowadays so I guess that scene fell outta my brain.  

Anyway, all we need on this thread so we can check all the cliche political boxes is for somebody to dismiss the murders and say, "But what about Chicago"...and we can go about the business of beating WVU.  Seen a bunch of their fans on campus today.  And you know how a lotta times, fanbases that travel are usually either female students with ties back that area or MILF's with cash to travel and look good?  Yeah, that's not who they brought.  

If I say that, will you guarantee a beating of WVU? 

36 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

If I say that, will you guarantee a beating of WVU? 

I'll compromise.  I'll guarantee we beat WVU if you guarantee that you were actually thinking of posting "But what about Chicago?" long before I made my post ;) 

This hunting humans for sport thing is a really fun new precedent in America.  Two big ones lately, not directed at you:

1.  Travel to dangerous area with weapon.  Threaten people with weapon.  When they attempt to grab it away from you or otherwise injury/incapacitate you as human instinct, you kill them and claim self-defense.  Yeah, the person tried to grab your weapon, you were gonna shoot them.  And then logic ensues with, "Well, I had to shoot them, they went for the gun I had pointed at their head...what choice did I have?"  Real air-tight intellect.

2.  Go around border areas looking for migrants to harass.  Shoot them at night or in desolate areas.  Off chance some land owner or cop sees/hears you, say you saw a javelina, feral hog, and/or chupacabra and opened fire and wasn't watching your background, damn shame what happened to those two brown people though.  Who the fuck opens fire on an open road.  You get turned around or the pretend animal you're pretending to shoot pretends to cross over the highway and you rotate and resume fire...next thing you know a minivan full of kids is dead.  

At least the "he was looking to loot a home under construction" defense didn't stand up in court and those two asshats will die in prison.  

BTW-the McMichael father/son duo has proved harder than we thought to beat in prison.  They keep getting moved around from one block to another and it's hard to find somebody that can track their movements with consistency.  Not us, but obviously due to some other shit going on with them and threats and behavior and sickness and all that.  But that's not uncommon in the first few months of a long stretch.  Eventually routines are established and behavior becomes predictable.  And then you start with the mental torture, little hints suggesting all that bad things that can befall one in prison.  Lotsa folks are good at that.  And within 6 months, you find somebody reliable whose getting out soon and could use some startup cash.  And he beats them into the infirmary while a couple other folks stand watch.  Happens every day.  With any luck, both men take their own lives within 5 years and nobody needs to have their blood on their hands.  You gotta get the son to do it first though.  The dad won't last but a few months after that.  Son's gotta die first, otherwise he'll hold out to avenge dad.  Can't have that.

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Are you more concerned with actions, or words?  Because I know you understand exactly how immigrants are being treated today, quietly.  Again, since it's your side, I'm going to assume you are "ok" with it. 

Do you have something specific in mind? 

I want them treated with dignity and afforded due process. My general preference is that we liberalize access and allow pretty much everyone in. But, I'm "ok" with enforcing our current laws and denying access for the vast majority of people that apply so long as don't demonize and punish people for trying. 

If you're referring to busing and/or flying migrants to random locations in the country, lying to them and telling them everything will be ready for them, and generally treating them not as people but as animals to torture and drop on someone else's door steps, I didn't vote for any of those people and I never would. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Guys, sure he may repeatedly vote for people who demonize and dehumanize a set of people who then predictably are viewed as subhuman by their supporters some of whom then commit acts of violence against them including murder and sure his votes contribute to this behavior continuing because the people he votes for never feel any negative effect from their disgusting rhetoric because he and others like him keep voting for him and sure he also lacks the balls to write and/or call the people he voted for to tell them to stop dehumanizing immigrants so sure in reality he is a huge part of the problem because he's a hypocritical windbag who only supports and never calls out these people he claims to disagree with, BUT...

That's not why he votes for them. His vote logic is unrelated. You see, he votes for them because he thinks then he'll have more money. Simple priorities. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I'll compromise.  I'll guarantee we beat WVU if you guarantee that you were actually thinking of posting "But what about Chicago?" long before I made my post ;) 

This hunting humans for sport thing is a really fun new precedent in America.  Two big ones lately, not directed at you:

1.  Travel to dangerous area with weapon.  Threaten people with weapon.  When they attempt to grab it away from you or otherwise injury/incapacitate you as human instinct, you kill them and claim self-defense.  Yeah, the person tried to grab your weapon, you were gonna shoot them.  And then logic ensues with, "Well, I had to shoot them, they went for the gun I had pointed at their head...what choice did I have?"  Real air-tight intellect.

2.  Go around border areas looking for migrants to harass.  Shoot them at night or in desolate areas.  Off chance some land owner or cop sees/hears you, say you saw a javelina, feral hog, and/or chupacabra and opened fire and wasn't watching your background, damn shame what happened to those two brown people though.  Who the fuck opens fire on an open road.  You get turned around or the pretend animal you're pretending to shoot pretends to cross over the highway and you rotate and resume fire...next thing you know a minivan full of kids is dead.  

At least the "he was looking to loot a home under construction" defense didn't stand up in court and those two asshats will die in prison.  

BTW-the McMichael father/son duo has proved harder than we thought to beat in prison.  They keep getting moved around from one block to another and it's hard to find somebody that can track their movements with consistency.  Not us, but obviously due to some other shit going on with them and threats and behavior and sickness and all that.  But that's not uncommon in the first few months of a long stretch.  Eventually routines are established and behavior becomes predictable.  And then you start with the mental torture, little hints suggesting all that bad things that can befall one in prison.  Lotsa folks are good at that.  And within 6 months, you find somebody reliable whose getting out soon and could use some startup cash.  And he beats them into the infirmary while a couple other folks stand watch.  Happens every day.  With any luck, both men take their own lives within 5 years and nobody needs to have their blood on their hands.  You gotta get the son to do it first though.  The dad won't last but a few months after that.  Son's gotta die first, otherwise he'll hold out to avenge dad.  Can't have that.

You should publish novels. 

I’ll give a small amount of credence that this is “ramping up” problem due to ramped up rhetoric, or it’s a one off. I’ve hunted south Texas my entire life and have had untold amounts of illegals crossing the ranches and have never heard of anyone pestering them.  Worst would be calling the BP, but most of the time people didn’t even bother with that, just let them go and went on with their hunting.   So 30+ years of no one being shot to 2 men recently targeted  is a big jump.  Or it could be like Arburary’s case and he ran across the wrong vile shitheels. Either way it’s clear. These guys murdered someone, and shot another, and should pay dearly for it. 

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You should publish novels. 

I’ll give a small amount of credence that this is “ramping up” problem due to ramped up rhetoric, or it’s a one off. I’ve hunted south Texas my entire life and have had untold amounts of illegals crossing the ranches and have never heard of anyone pestering them.  Worst would be calling the BP, but most of the time people didn’t even bother with that, just let them go and went on with their hunting.   So 30+ years of no one being shot to 2 men recently targeted  is a big jump.  Or it could be like Arburary’s case and he ran across the wrong vile shitheels. Either way it’s clear. These guys murdered someone, and shot another, and should pay dearly for it. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_El_Paso_shooting

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Guys, sure he may repeatedly vote for people who demonize and dehumanize a set of people who then predictably are viewed as subhuman by their supporters some of whom then commit acts of violence against them including murder and sure his votes contribute to this behavior continuing because the people he votes for never feel any negative effect from their disgusting rhetoric because he and others like him keep voting for him and sure he also lacks the balls to write and/or call the people he voted for to tell them to stop dehumanizing immigrants so sure in reality he is a huge part of the problem because he's a hypocritical windbag who only supports and never calls out these people he claims to disagree with, BUT...

That's not why he votes for them. His vote logic is unrelated. You see, he votes for them because he thinks then he'll have more money. Simple priorities. 

Buttfumble sock? 

Life is about priorities, you do have that correct.  

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Can you point me to the “murder Mexican” policies of ANY politician?  One single bit of proposed legislation will suffice.  

How about this?

Donald Trump 'suggested shooting migrants in the legs'

US President Donald Trump suggested shooting migrants in the legs to slow them down, according to a new book.

The book, by two New York Times journalists, says Mr Trump suggested extreme methods of deterring migrants from crossing the southern border.

They included building an electrified, spiked border wall and a snake or alligator-infested moat.

Calling the claims "fake news", Mr Trump tweeted: "I may be tough on border security, but not that tough."

What are the authors' claims?

The book - called Border Wars: Inside Trump's Assault on Immigration, by reporters Michael Shear and Julie Davis, and based on interviews with more than a dozen unnamed officials - was published by the New York Times.

Trump's border wall - in seven charts

Step into the shoes of a migrant to America

Migrant children crisis: The big picture explained

It chronicles a week in March 2019 when Mr Trump reportedly tried to halt all southern migration to the US.

According to an excerpt, the president privately suggested to aides that soldiers shoot migrants in the legs, but he was told it would be illegal.

Previously, Mr Trump had made a public statement suggesting soldiers shoot migrants who throw rocks.

Mr Trump suggested other extreme measures, according to the book.

"Privately, the president had often talked about fortifying a border wall with a water-filled trench, stocked with snakes or alligators, prompting aides to seek a cost estimate. He wanted the wall electrified, with spikes on top that could pierce human flesh," reads the extract.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49901878

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

"I'm not proposing you go out and murder these people. I just want you to know they're rapists and murderers and drug dealers who want to take your jobs and make you support them financially. It's also fun to trick them into getting in transportation to other states, aka kidnap them. And I also know a bunch of the people listening to me are unhinged racists who jerk off to guns." 

So you'reright, no legislation authorizing murder but the right is constantly spouting very thinly veiled threats against certain groups of people, so sadly it's not shocking that these atrocities are committed by the exact sort of people you would expect.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1