tech at tcu - 11am on Fox

Pancho

It's targeting but again the dude is going to his knees bringing the targeting area directly into the tackling area.  Just such an unrealistic expectation of the defender and such a bad rule.

Yeah, I mean, it was targeting by the letter of the rule but I don’t know what the defender is supposed to do.

Hell of a throw and catch on that long ball just now.

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

You're technically not wrong but what you absolutely don't have to do, which the TCU DB did, is extend your arms and make forcible contact. If he just ran into him I doubt targeting gets called.

If that is his midsection presented to him in the split second he makes that tackle nobody cares.  The defender is already breaking down to deliver the hit as the ball arrives.  

And look I got Tech here, I just think we are asking defenders to do the impossible at times.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

The slide rule is so dumb. It's "where the slide begins". Why the fuck would you write it that way? What does that even mean? What's so hard about making it where the ball is when the knee touches the ground, like every other situation?

It's written that way to not give the offense free yards because the defense can't touch him...

e: And also because of Pickett's fake slide

Edited by Brian Fantana
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

The slide rule is so dumb. It's "where the slide begins". Why the fuck would you write it that way? What does that even mean? What's so hard about making it where the ball is when the knee touches the ground, like every other situation?

I think it's part of avoiding that fake slide mess that overly penalizes the defender for pulling up. 

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

You can’t touch a QB when the slide, but you want to let them get free yards based on however far they can jump slide?

Just now, Dewey said:

Big xii can fuck off. They can go a game not throwing one flag, then they'll bail out the undefeated team with a 15 yarder when the guy barley touched the face mask. Or the bigger than Dallas pi not called. Terrible.

I’ll see your Big XII refs, and raise you some PAC 12 refs