Cowboys @ Packers

Vic Mackey

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Fat Mike will grab a cheese burger and chili cheese fries and a milkshake after this one. That fat Bastard infuriates me. Can we not promote Reeves to HC. 

He’s dead, Nicole. 

16 minutes ago, Drew said:

The lamb drop thanks to the DPI that wasn’t called ended the game.

I mean, I said that would happen all week. Rodgers doing Rodgers things.

Refs with fuckery. All a part of the plan.

Just like week one, we’ll have a whole week of overreactions.

A part of what plan?  This plan surely entails the fact that our QB is a halfwit, and frankly, average. 

9 minutes ago, futureman said:

the bottom line is that the cowboys are never going to win again.  period.  (or I guess until jerry dies and then only if stephen hires a GM, which also won't happen)  but it's one thing to have jerry jones running the show; now throw a braindead dipshit quarterback into the mix and it's completely and utterly hopeless.  100% chance of failure.

so believe me when I tell you it's more satisfying to just hate dak and expect failure.  because dak will fail.  oh yes, he will fail.  dak's a loser, plain and simple.  accept it, and join me.

come to the Dak side.

25 minutes ago, deadshank said:

It starts in the owner’s box. 

It is Jerry that gets these yes man coaches because he wants to be in charge still trying to prove he is a football man after 25 years. He won without Jimmy but with Jimmy's guys. So that is not his and he knows it. Folks that blame the latest shit coach that Jerry put in place are blaming the symptom and not the cause.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Of course he will, Wisconsin burgers kick ass. Maybe he can get a side of cheese curds as well. /fat

Can’t say I have had a WI burger in the past, been there a few times. Local beef is always good. I actually had cheese curds for the first time in my life about 5 years ago. Good appetizer with some red sauce.

To the reference above on the refs, yea that was PI on sooner in OT but shit happens. Shouldn’t have let it come down to that, but you can also argue that it shouldn’t have ended the drive either.

Arkie loses, ou loses, aggy loses. The important teams lose as well so that made it a shitty sports weekend.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

You can't be serious. 28 isn't enough in GB. 

Checks notes, 28 points against GB is 9-1 this year. 

Dallas did Dallas things like Dallas always does. The offense did enough to win for 3 quarters, played passive in the 4th and the defense let it slide away.

• Like 1

The defense sucks against the run, so they have their most feared pass rusher play more LB to help that part of the defense....and it kills them because eventually Aaron just wasn't harassed very much in the second half.  They still need to be better up the middle against the run so Parsons and DLaw can do their thing on the pass rush.  

No problem with going for it on 4th, you miss the kick they actually get the ball in better field position than they ended up getting, and yea that kick in that environment is 50/50 at best and doesn't win the game.  If that was a game winning kick totally different calculus.  My problem was the play calling.  That draw was killing them and on the 2nd down pass they were bailing out big time to defend the pass.  If you know you are going for it on 4th down, run that shit on third down.  Then the PI fuckery isn't even in the equation.  Bad play calling combinations.  

• Hook 'Em 1

This was a complete team failure. Dak hits some plays, racks up some points, but is unable to consistently get the KEY completions for touchdowns/first downs that are needed to put any game away. Most of Dallas's "successful" pass plays look improvised or lucky. They can't reliably hit the 8-to-15 yard stuff that you need to sustain drives, or score TDs from first-&-goal. The Dallas running game was tepid in the first half, and then was abandoned just when it seemed like it was starting to work. The defense got a few big plays but again, failed at consistency--gave up way too many run yards on 1st & 2nd down, setting up lots of easy short-yardage 3rd downs. DBs were inconsistent with coverage. How do you fucking lose to a team that lost to Detroit?

You could feel this 4th qtr collapse coming from a mile away. In a lot of ways it was like watching UT play.