the 2023 speaker of the house voting thread of implosion

henrygandorf

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

Are DEMs going to vote Emmer just to have a functioning government? 

I doubt it, for all the hemming and hawing, there is still time left before a shut down, and while funding for other priorities suffer, that's the big deadline.  To my knowledge, the MAGAites have offered nothing, and until they do, I doubt it.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Russia had been grooming Sessions to help with Ukraine (through Trump & Parnas) for 7 years and this is what they get for it?  A 15-minute campaign for U.S. Speaker that had the energy and staying power of a Stephen Hawking orgy?  

Calling Stephen Hawking Orgy as my next band name.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6
  • Drool 2

2 minutes ago, The Dog said:

(reposted by Kinzinger)

But see....Geraldo is a commie RINO libtard.  That's what you have to understand.

There is but one test of whether one is a true Republican: do you offer 100% unquestioning fealty to Trump and whatever he says?

That's it.  That's the entire party platform. It's fucking insane, but there it is.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Russia had been grooming Sessions to help with Ukraine (through Trump & Parnas) for 7 years and this is what they get for it?  A 15-minute campaign for U.S. Speaker that had the energy and staying power of a Stephen Hawking orgy?  

I really don't know what goes on during a Stephen Hawking orgy, except I imagine there are no "oh-God's." 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

I'm sure the GOPs who blamed the Dems for not voting for their speaker candidate will gush about how great the Dems are if they do support a lesser of two evils.

Let the trainwreck continue. If government shuts down because these idiots can't even elect a leader, the blame will be clear as will the nature of the wicked cabal. No, the MAGAs won't care, but a lot of others will.

What a loathsome package of pustules are the GOPs, a plague beloved by a large plurality of Americans.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

But see....Geraldo is a commie RINO libtard.  That's what you have to understand.

There is but one test of whether one is a true Republican: do you offer 100% unquestioning fealty to Trump and whatever he says?

That's it.  That's the entire party platform. It's fucking insane, but there it is.

And a MEXICAN!

-MAGAt

• Hook 'Em 1

Voting for Jordan is amazingly disingenuous at this point.

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I love that the MAGA idiots are using "they're coming for our SSI" as a rallying cry.

THEIR OWN FUCKING CONFERENCE AND MULTIPLE SPEAKERS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE OPENLY SAID THEY ARE GOING TO GUT YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY.

These people rank among the dumbest to have ever walked the earth.  And yes, I'm counting pre-homo sapiens hominids.  A revived australopithecus would be facepalming at their idiocy.

they're brainwashed. pure and simple. 

the entire idea that the Democratic Party who wants to EXPAND ENTITLEMENTS DRAMATICALLY will "gut Social Security" is beyond absurd. but remember these guys only get their information from right wing propaganda sources so they really have no idea what the truth is anymore.

Edited by The Dog
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

I love that the MAGA idiots are using "they're coming for our SSI" as a rallying cry.

THEIR OWN FUCKING CONFERENCE AND MULTIPLE SPEAKERS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE OPENLY SAID THEY ARE GOING TO GUT YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY.

These people rank among the dumbest to have ever walked the earth.  And yes, I'm counting pre-homo sapiens hominids.  A revived australopithecus would be facepalming at their idiocy.

Leopards. Faces

I have to admit when I met her in Austin after she was first elected, she was smart and somewhat attractive.  Now she looks like she’s auditioning for the somewhat mentally  disabled version of Natalie in the “facts of life” reboot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have to admit when I met her in Austin after she was first elected, she was smart and somewhat attractive.  Now she looks like she’s auditioning for the somewhat mentally  disabled version of Natalie in the “facts of life” reboot. 

That is so spot on.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Zonahorn said:

Imagine thinking it was a clever idea to name yourself on a message board Lou Pai, after a literal fucking criminal of Enron and thinking that's a great idea. What, was Bernie Madoff taken?

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

TTIWW "facts of life" reboot erotic fanfic about Mrs. Garrett......

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

In his defense, Lou Pai got off scott-free with several hundred million dollars and a fleet of strippers.

And as you might expect with that resume, Lou Pai posts here under the name YGIFS.

And per the Enron documentary/book, dude was like the first or third largest landowner in the state of Colorado. Do you think this makes him better, or worse, all of our collective jealousy aside?

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

And per the Enron documentary/book, dude was like the first or third largest landowner in the state of Colorado. Do you think this makes him better, or worse, all of our collective jealousy aside?

That just means that some stripper he actually married is now the third largest landowner in the state of Colorado.   Say that reminds me... I bought a house in Colorado yesterday.  Have I mentioned that I'm moving to Colorado?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

That just means that some stripper he actually married is now the third largest landowner in the state of Colorado.   Say that reminds me... I bought a house in Colorado yesterday.  Have I mentioned that I'm moving to Colorado?

Alas, no longer owns it:

Pai was the second-largest land owner in Colorado after he purchased the 77,500-acre (314 km2) Taylor Ranch[6] for $23 million in 1999,[7] though he sold the property in June 2004 for $60 million.[8]

3 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

The guy who still couldn’t get a majority of the conference against Emmer?

Sure Jan GIF

Remind me what happened the last time the runner up of the internal caucus vote went to the floor?

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Alas, no longer owns it:

Pai was the second-largest land owner in Colorado after he purchased the 77,500-acre (314 km2) Taylor Ranch[6] for $23 million in 1999,[7] though he sold the property in June 2004 for $60 million.[8]

Damn, 160% return and $37 million in five years.

8 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Damn, 160% return and $37 million in five years.

Apparently the ranch old again in 2017 for 105 million.  Of course that all pales in comparison to the 250 million he left Enron with, after investors and pension funds were defrauded to the tune of billions. 

16 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

10 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

F9OXZTMbMAA3IV-?format=jpg&name=medium

So I'm assuming the Mike Johnson buzz is based on that latest Trump post. That being said, I have a hard time believing even a tacit or explicit Trump endorsement of anyone will create a unanimous windfall for Johnson. So back to square zero. He endorsed Jordan, right?

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

So I'm assuming the Mike Johnson buzz is based on that latest Trump post. That being said, I have a hard time believing even a tacit or explicit Trump endorsement of anyone will create a unanimous windfall for Johnson. So back to square zero. He endorsed Jordan, right?

So are we now at either expanded powers for McHenry or nothing in terms of the House of Reps functioning moving forward?  Sure looks like Trump won't stay out of this and a significant number of Republicans will switch their vote the second he takes a stance against a candidate.

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

pretty much.

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Among themselves, their only important opinion is whether or not the support the 2020 election lie.  

....and failing to do so gets them cast out as apostates.

There is only one GQP: the one that pledges full fealty to Trump and whatever he wants.  Everyone else is cast out.

• Hook 'Em 2

This is really fun.  And the best part is, I don't see it ending anytime soon.

I actually think we're going to have a shutdown over the GQP's inability to act as a governing majority.  And that shutdown is probably going to last a while.  We could have Social Security recipients not getting their checks over the holidays.

And what's really funny is that these fuckers are in such an echo chamber that they don't even realize the damage that is being done to their party.  I mean, it's probably all fine right now.  But if this lasts long enough that people start missing Social Security checks when the credit card comes due after Black Friday, then look the fuck out.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Drool 1