Joe Biden 2023: The Dark Brandon Rises

StassneyHorn

Speaking of Drudge, what happened over there?  
They used to be super conservative, but over the past year I've noticed they seem to be one of the more balanced news aggregation sites.
Whoever has been running it for the past 4 years hates Trump
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, elfenix said:
17 minutes ago, DixonHur said:
They used to be super conservative, but over the past year I've noticed they seem to be one of the more balanced news aggregation sites.

Yeah, I've been reading Drudge for about 20 years. I don't know about "super" conservative before, but I'd definitely call it somewhat balanced now. That assumes that you realize Trump is awful and that you like Lana Del Rey for some reason? A lot of Lana Del Rey headlines.

35 minutes ago, elfenix said:
44 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

So you're saying they have a brain?  

24 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Yeah, I've been reading Drudge for about 20 years. I don't know about "super" conservative before, but I'd definitely call it somewhat balanced now. That assumes that you realize Trump is awful and that you like Lana Del Rey for some reason? A lot of Lana Del Rey headlines.

I used to read Drudge a while back but then I feel like it took a pretty hard right turn during the Obama years.  It was right up there with the Daily Mail. 

Then I remember when the Hunter stuff started I clicked on it to see how crazy the coverage was and found it balanced.  I've been back to reading it everyday since then.

Of course I still check out Daily Mail too, because I like to stay up on the latest right wing propaganda.

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Of course I still check out Daily Mail too, because I like to stay up on the latest right wing propaganda.

I used to love DM as they always had pictures. Then as the culture war really started to rage, I couldn't take it anymore. The amount of press devoted to that one transgender swimmer was just sickening.

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

That assumes that you realize Trump is awful and that you like Lana Del Rey for some reason? A lot of Lana Del Rey headlines.

She's super fucking talented and super fucking hot, so pretty deserving of a lot of headlines imo

• Hook 'Em 2

"The consumer price index, a closely watched inflation gauge, increased 0.1% in November, and was up 3.1% from a year ago, the Labor Department reported Tuesday. "

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/12/12/cpi-inflation-report-november-2023.html

the index is at 307.051. 6 months ago it was 304.127. that's an increase of just less than 1% over six months so ~2% annualized. may-june was nearly a whole index point so over the last 5 months the increase is miniscule, just 0.64%, or a bit over 1.5% annualized.

There was a time not too long ago, where you could look at indicators like that and say, "Well, there's 11 months to go before the election...let's see how this shakes out.  Some good news, some bad news, overall pretty neutral though eh?"  But nowadays?  99% of people who are actually gonna get off their ass and vote have their minds made up.  It's bizarrely paradoxical.  In an age with so much information about candidates and incumbents and easy access to data driven metrics to help voters, we've just shut it all out and tune it off.  

Don't worry about Democratic messaging about Biden and the economy.  You'll be lucky to get an extra 1mm voters from that.  The best course of action, by far, is to convince a few million non-enthusiastic Trump voters in 3-7 states to sit their asses home because, "Meh, I hate Biden...but I'm just done with this Trump bullshit.  Not worth it anymore.  We'll see about '28."  That's the only way Joe wins.

22 hours ago, YGIFS said:

"Meh, I hate Biden...but I'm just done with this Trump bullshit.  Not worth it anymore.  We'll see about '28."  That's the only way Joe wins.

Assuming no hard economic landing, which looks more likely with each passing month:

I would say pushing Dobbs and not getting extremely flanked by the far left on the Israel/Hamas situation are his keys to a victory.

Unless you believe the current polls(lord knows why anyone would), then its over anyway.

2 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

It makes me so sad for what could’ve been. ‘16-‘19 we’re so fucking great, but everything went to shit in ‘20. The idiot just couldn’t hold it together at the end. 

Sorry for your sadness this time of year.  Holidays can be rough for folks mentally.  If it makes you feel any better, I’m not a big fan of Joe Biden.  I’m glad he’s President as opposed to Donald Trump, but may the Messiah’s birthday bring you warmth and peace.  

Also, you realize 2016…according to your post…Obama was President.  But I think we both agree 2020 was quite a shitshow that I pray we all recover.  

as for this holiday season, every night I hide the elf on the  shelf with a little note to the girls to be thankful and kind.  And then I quietly pray to God, Santa, and Hanukkah Harry that Donald Trump dies in 2024 in agony and pain.  And I gotta weird feeling I am going to be very fucking pleased.  

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Sorry for your sadness this time of year.  Holidays can be rough for folks mentally.  If it makes you feel any better, I’m not a big fan of Joe Biden.  I’m glad he’s President as opposed to Donald Trump, but may the Messiah’s birthday bring you warmth and peace.  

Also, you realize 2016…according to your post…Obama was President.  But I think we both agree 2020 was quite a shitshow that I pray we all recover.  

as for this holiday season, every night I hide the elf on the  shelf with a little note to the girls to be thankful and kind.  And then I quietly pray to God, Santa, and Hanukkah Harry that Donald Trump dies in 2024 in agony and pain.  And I gotta weird feeling I am going to be very fucking pleased.  

For sure, I always miss my Dad this time of year. I can’t even watch Christmas Vacation because Chevy is his virtual twin. Politics is mostly awful with some good sprinkled in there, but I don’t hate any politicians. Now Christmas shoppers… fuck ‘em. 

44 minutes ago, mchookem said:

rooting for the team is just a symptom, aggyness is the disease.

giphy(1)(10).gif.6295781cbde5818c3bb3a90079932e1a.gif

many here have a chronic case of it and don't even see the irony.

200w(13).gif.d71d4f18ee89d2cfcbe960df012588f3.gif

This.   When you find yourself taking a position, and the chief proponents of that position can be found on Texags.....you should reconsider the everloving fuck out of your position.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

Welp, the House is going to waste all of our time for the next year.  I mean moreso than they were already going to.

Bold move going into an election year.

It also means they are at rock bottom and have nothing left to run on and/or that they don't think Trump will get them over the finish line.

This may not be the proper forum for this but, i would like to objectively evaluate the strategy of Hunter Biden's press conference this morning.

I think it's genius.

1.  He's under indictment for 2 separate charges.  Any lawyer with a pulse will tell him to take the 5th on anything even tangentially related to those cases.  That means he's not going to testify.  Even if you get him under oath, "on the advice of counsel I am exercising my rights under the 5th..."

2.  If he's not going to testify, then the leak from the private deposition would be "he took the 5th."  That would be the headline.

3.  By doing this, he can say "i was available and willing to testify."  So now he controls the headline a little.

If you're Hunter's lawyer, or strategist, what would have been a better move?  Testify?  Skip altogether?

I think this was well planned and executed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Republican 401k voters are in shambles as Dow Jones closes at all time high. S&P 500 is 1.9% away. Easy, guaranteed 5.35% returns are widely available still. Two years of discounted prices and now we are all swimming in Scrooge McDucks golden coins.

I’m telling my nonexistent kids this is Bidenomics:

image.thumb.jpeg.aaf00bb6b51592fc8723f04b6bb5fa3f.jpeg

And that Trump’s tax plan is this:

image.jpeg.0b35093dfc3624a214419a50c1cdea0f.jpeg
(They will always have a better song)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

A short history of recent impeachments:

Everyone during Nixon:  "OMG, WTF Nixon, you are an idiot.  You were WINNING!  You WON! You shouldn't commit crimes and stuff.  Here comes the impeachment."
Nixon "Later..."

R's during Clinton:  "Dude you were getting blowjobs from an intern in the Oval?"
Clinton: "No .... hang on ... actually yes"
R's: "Here comes the impeachment"

D's during Bush 2: "Hey, uh, we noticed you invaded TWO countries after 9/11, and one of them we're not so sure about"
Bush: "Gonna impeach?"
D's: "No, we're just pointing that out"

D's during Trump: "Hey, everyone's saying you pressured a foreign country to investigate Hunter Biden, to make Joe Biden look bad."
Trump: "So?"
Congress later on: "Hey, you can't just storm the capitol if you lose an election.  This is our spot and people died."
Trump: "And?"

R's during Biden: "Hey, we're thinking about thinking about impeaching you."
Biden: "Why?"
R's: "Mostly to investigate Hunter, to make you look bad."

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It also means they are at rock bottom and have nothing left to run on and/or that they don't think Trump will get them over the finish line.

29 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Stock market high

Gas prices down

Inflation coming down

Feds halting rate hikes

Consumer confidence is super high

TIME TO IMPEACH!!! That’s what a scared party losing their #1 narrative does 

told you so agree GIF by Bounce

1 minute ago, Poe It Up said:

I remember my pawpaw going out to get a carton of milk and then getting a call from a security guard at a neighborhood 25 miles away. He got lost and was scared. I don’t think Joe would pass the milk test if I’m being honest. 

Yeah. Getting milk is much harder than going to war zones on the other side of the world in the middle of the night. You’re very smart.  And a great troll too. 

10 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

I remember my pawpaw going out to get a carton of milk and then getting a call from a security guard at a neighborhood 25 miles away. He got lost and was scared. I don’t think Joe would pass the milk test if I’m being honest. 

Are you better off than you were three years ago?

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Shouldn’t he be going on tv and Twitter and screaming about the greatest economy EVAR?!?!  I’m not kidding. He should. Because people are fucking morons and it might actually help him. 

Patience. The campaign will start soon enough. Most voters aren't paying a lick of attention to politics.

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Patience. The campaign will start soon enough. Most voters aren't paying a lick of attention to politics.

This. FFS, people still think it will be someone besides Biden or Trump. They ain’t paying attention