Yellowstone

RPM

1.  Wife pointed out that Beth’s hooters made a brief guest appearance this time. 
2.  I don’t care for the cutting horse exhibitions at all. They just don’t fit anywhere. Perhaps Taylor is writing himself in the script?  As someone else pointed out, he seems to sit well on one. Seems to make more sense if he were selling ranch-broke horses to those guys. 

I dig em. Watching those horses work makes me think about how similar dogs and horses can be, and it makes me smile. Can’t explain it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Are the intionally trying to make Teeter prettier this season? Last season or so they almost made her very unattractive...not just with the voice.  We saw tits this episode, and she actually looked hot.

Of course, it could just be I saw her interview before the premier talking normal, and thought...that's one hot chick.

On 11/13/2021 at 2:47 PM, Drew said:

Are the intionally trying to make Teeter prettier this season? Last season or so they almost made her very unattractive...not just with the voice.  We saw tits this episode, and she actually looked hot.

Of course, it could just be I saw her interview before the premier talking normal, and thought...that's one hot chick.

Maybe I'm not paying close enough attention. She's lost the horrible accent she was trying to use, but that's about it.

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

When Rip told Beth that Carter would never be their son, I think he was saying that Carter belonged to the ranch and not to them. Am I correct?

Well, the kid hasn't been branded so I don't think that hasn't been established yet.

Edited by RPM

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Heavy on parenting rifts in this episode. John and Jimmy. Beth and Carter. Monica and Tate. 

When Rip told Beth that Carter would never be their son, I think he was saying that Carter belonged to the ranch and not to them. Am I correct?

I think it was more of a warning for Beth to not try too hard to be his mom.  That's how I took it, anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

riding horses really fast and then getting them to stop quickly is such good tv. 

Ya know, I live at the epicenter of all the cutting/roping culture and I find that sliding stuff incredibly stupid. At least cutting and roping have a legit work purpose. That sliding shit is just some made up showboating trick. It's about as useful as a burn out competition.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

Ya know, I live at the epicenter of all the cutting/roping culture and I find that sliding stuff incredibly stupid. At least cutting and roping have a legit work purpose. That sliding shit is just some made up showboating trick. It's about as useful as a burn out competition.
So how do the horses spin and not fall over dizzy? Seems to me good working horses would be strong on endurance, toughness, and personality rather than tricks. That part of the show was lame. Im a bad motherfucker, ill take you to the train station and let's have a shootout but before that, watch my horse go whee!!

I guess the audience for show horses are into that stuff?

25 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

So how do the horses spin and not fall over dizzy? Seems to me good working horses would be strong on endurance, toughness, and personality rather than tricks. That part of the show was lame. Im a bad motherfucker, ill take you to the train station and let's have a shootout but before that, watch my horse go whee!!

I guess the audience for show horses are into that stuff?

That’s why it would make more sense to me if Taylor was trailering working ranch horses up there to sell to John. I have been to a few of those competitions and they’re fascinating. Practical, too. 
I didn’t care for Kayce chaining the cattle guard to the top of his grill guard. That would have torn some shit up in real life. Should have chained it to the tow hooks on the front bumper. 
Someone upthread mentioned Teeter. My wife noticed that Laramie looked different- appears as though she had cosmetic work done between seasons. I definitely thought she looked better before. 

3 hours ago, RPM said:

image.gif.6295a23b71318cee20aa5a0b835d092c.gif

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I want more of the hardened killers jizzing their pants at the thought of getting to ride show ponies and finding new ways to let us know how expensive they are.

This. Seems Sheridan is using this as a commercial to get Bosque performance horses or whatever and the 6666 ranch some screen time. 

8 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Heavy on parenting rifts in this episode. John and Jimmy. Beth and Carter. Monica and Tate. 

Well if Carter doesn’t work out, they could always go get the kid still looking for the lug nuts……

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

This. Seems Sheridan is using this as a commercial to get Bosque performance horses or whatever and the 6666 ranch some screen time. 

It's all part of the 6666 universe he's building. I'd be surprised if they don't work NRS Arena in Decatur into the story at some point. 

Plus their whole cocky act is just a meme. They ride horses, its not like they are fighter pilots. I mean, I get it, they have an audience of redass Aggie types they have to play to, im sure the Hooey baseball hat aisle at Cavender's is all abuzz on Mondays after new episodes.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, BearSchlong said:
27 minutes ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

Plus their whole cocky act is just a meme. They ride horses, its not like they are fighter pilots. I mean, I get it, they have an audience of redass Aggie types they have to play to, im sure the Hooey baseball hat aisle at Cavender's is all abuzz on Mondays after new episodes.

Have you ever hung around those guys? They think they are fighter pilots. They even have their own brand of church because regular church ain't cowboy enough.

Edited by RPM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BearSchlong said:
1 hour ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

I get it, they have an audience of redass Aggie types they have to play to

except they already have that audience, even without the horse tricks. they need the mainstream audience. this is how you lose them.

my wife was on her phone during all of it. just like season 2 when they did the exact same thing to help promote a reality show that nobody watched. 

3 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

So how do the horses spin and not fall over dizzy? Seems to me good working horses would be strong on endurance, toughness, and personality rather than tricks.

Spinning a horse goes way back in European history. Probably had to do with a battle move by cavalry, not sure how that applies to calves.

the population of Montana is like barely a million people...i feel like if that many people ended up dead in a fairly short period of time (a few months?) it would be a national news story lol. 

i wish they would get back to the actual family drama...have we even seen Jaimie since Beth told him she was going to kill him? that's way more interesting to me than the horse competition, and i couldn't care less about Jimmy and his girl but man they are dragging that out 🙄

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Good Beth this week. Still too many scenes. Sheridan must be trying to move these bad boys before Christmas : 

YS-GBDTS-100006-0006-TB-A-Tee_1800x1800.jpg?v=1622660583

All these female Beth Dutton / Yellowstone fans need to pay attention to her advice about sucking dick 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

""No matter who he becomes, he never will be. Nobody will."

I think he was just reminding her that he is OK without have a kid w her and to not try and force him into their lives, bc he can see she has the "want kids/family" itch.  And the he answered that he won't ever resent her for it.  

3 hours ago, mchookem said:

the population of Montana is like barely a million people...i feel like if that many people ended up dead in a fairly short period of time (a few months?) it would be a national news story lol. 

i wish they would get back to the actual family drama...have we even seen Jaimie since Beth told him she was going to kill him? that's way more interesting to me than the horse competition, and i couldn't care less about Jimmy and his girl but man they are dragging that out 🙄

While watching the other night I basically said the same thing that all of this would be on ABC's World News Tonight.

Jimmy's Girlfriend is Josh Brolin's daughter IRL, so every time I see her I just assume it's just a favor Sheridan is doing for his buddy. She has no point on the show, at least the other girl has some bunk bunny angle where she is moving between the guys for some tension. 

Yeah, Yellowstone and Longmire.  Someone was killed every episode on Longmire.  Most dangerous small town in America.  And the Yellowstone is the most dangerous ranch.

I told my kid last night that this is my telenovela.  Either watch or don't, but shut up and let me enjoy it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1