2023 Texas High School Football

44 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

My friend that said Anna was going to win the title several months back is right. I switched over in the 2nd quarter of the Davenport game to watch them. They are ridiculously big and fast. He told me Iā€™d be shocked to watch them play. That defense is the best I have seen from any 4A team I have watched and offensively that line is going to wear on Chapel Hill. Davenport got out-athleted, but that isnā€™t shocking. Next week Chapel Hill is going to face the same problem and get outcoached by quite a bit.

Anna has some playmakers at the skill positions and the QB can extend drives with his legs. Decatur couldnā€™t contain him tonight.

Iā€™ll be shocked if Chapel Hill doesnā€™t mashup athletically with Anna. Ā Coaching matchup, I donā€™t know. But I think this will be a good game. Ā 

• Drool 1

1 minute ago, F250 said:

I guess you have to draw the line somewhere. But we're only a half hour up north 281.

Yeah Iā€™m well familiar, I had cousins go to Reagan and Johnson actually and their parents still live around there. I just never liked the vibes once I get up past Marshall Rd. Canā€™t really explain it, and thatā€™s even with all that area being super developed now.Ā 
Ā 

And Iā€™m sorry everytime I see your username I think about that story you told about that woman that had you cum in her scrambled eggs at breakfast and I get grossed out all over again.Ā 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Glen Rose is one of the prettiest places in the state.Ā Ā 

And I feel bad for anyone who grew up in Texas whose parents didn't take them to the dinosaur park.

It has been some years since I drove through there. A friend did all the plumbing on their new gym, but that has been a good long while ago. It was before he had his own plumbing business in Lampasas so that was at least 13 years ago that he did that.

It would have been cool to see that park as a kid because I loved dinosaurs. We just almost never traveled anywhere because my dad did not enjoy getting in the truck and driving us any place. I donā€™t blame him because it was his work truck and was a single cab 79 GMC Sierra.Ā 

19 minutes ago, Fudbelty said:

Whatā€™s the scoop on Smithson Valley? More importantly howā€™s their run defense?

Donā€™t see Aledo being able to run it on them at all, game should go down to the wire. Athletes of Aledo push them over the edge with a late score to an ugly 20-7 victory or something. SVā€™s offense really isnā€™t super impressive, I donā€™t think they utilize Dubose like they really could. Their D is lights out.Ā 

Donā€™t see Aledo being able to run it on them at all, game should go down to the wire. Athletes of Aledo push them over the edge with a late score to an ugly 20-7 victory or something. SVā€™s offense really isnā€™t super impressive, I donā€™t think they utilize Dubose like they really could. Their D is lights out.Ā 

What have you done? Didnā€™t ask your prediction!
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

And Iā€™m sorry everytime I see your username I think about that story you told about that woman that had you cum in her scrambled eggs at breakfast and I get grossed out all over again.Ā 

In my defense, I was a young attractive man with a load and an older woman wanted her eggs Benedict with an F250 topping. I feel no shame in glazing a woman's egg breakfast.

That's the kind of demand a young man draws when he doesn't dress in Walmart hoodies and cheap jewelry.

• Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

My friend that said Anna was going to win the title several months back is right. I switched over in the 2nd quarter of the Davenport game to watch them. They are ridiculously big and fast. He told me Iā€™d be shocked to watch them play. That defense is the best I have seen from any 4A team I have watched and offensively that line is going to wear on Chapel Hill. Davenport got out-athleted, but that isnā€™t shocking. Next week Chapel Hill is going to face the same problem and get outcoached by quite a bit.

Davenport DLine was just too small and the Chapel Hill QB/RB are excellent athletes. Both Juniors already committed to SMU, but claim ā€œoffersā€ from bigger schools including the QB having one from Sark as an ATH.Ā 
Ā 

Davenport needed the QB to be really on and he was a little off all night.Ā 

Cody Stoever from Wimberley:

Stoever completed 26-of-31 passes for 274 yards. Despite taking physical hits every time he carried the ball, he rushed 39 times for 196 yards.

The play at 1:32... just wow.Ā  IIRC, that was 4th down.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

Whatā€™s the scoop on Smithson Valley? More importantly howā€™s their run defense?

They are Dubose and a bunch of big, plodding white guys.Ā  One of the least athletic teams you'll ever see make it to Jerryworld.Ā  But Larry Hill is their coach, so they don't make mistakes.

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

It's literally one of my first memories.Ā  I was 3 or 4 years old, and we pulled up in the parking lot and I thought that Brontosaurus was real.

TXGLEdinos02_620x231.jpg

This will date me. I saw the Sinclair dinosaurs as a kid in Omaha, Nebraska. Those dinosaurs were originally displayed at 1964 New York Worlds Fair. These sure look like those. I wonder if they are the same ones?Ā 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Cody Stoever from Wimberley:

The play at 1:32... just wow.Ā  IIRC, that was 4th down.

Reminds me of Duggan putting TCU entirely on his back in the 4th quarter of the Big 12 title game last year. Except Wimberley QB wasnā€™t acting nearly as melodramatic after every play. Dude has a lot to learn still.Ā 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Helobious said:

Refs will also bailout Aledo a time or two. Ā  Ā Ā 

4 minutes ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

I think weā€™re about to get beastsidedā€¦

Kay was north shore. Heā€™s gone, now you just have to hang in the game long enough for them to fuck it up. From what everyone says the past round NS really shouldā€™ve lost, but Atascosita made some unforced errors and NS capitalized. If Westlake can just avoid that theyā€™re going to Arlington.

• Haha 1

I found myself in the area so escaped family to drive to the Pfield for the Westlake/NS game.Ā  It's 14-7 NS now....almost halftime.Ā  The wind is a major factor - almost impossible to pass unless the wind is at your back....The officials seem to be letting the kids play....and obvious late hit on WL wasn't called, and then the officials missed a NS delay of game.Ā  WL has struggled to move the ball - NS not so much.Ā Ā 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ravishing Rick said:

I found myself in the area so escaped family to drive to the Pfield for the Westlake/NS game.Ā  It's 14-7 NS now....almost halftime.Ā  The wind is a major factor - almost impossible to pass unless the wind is at your back....The officials seem to be letting the kids play....and obvious late hit on WL wasn't called, and then the officials missed a NS delay of game.Ā  WL has struggled to move the ball - NS not so much.Ā Ā 

I remember a game my junior year where our talented punter had a 5 yard punt and a 75 yard punt (in the air, not with the roll) in the same game based only on which direction we were facing. After that first punt into the wind neither team punted that direction the rest of the night.Ā 

17 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

Youā€™ll be getting a visit from Big Dan Campbell shortly to straighten you out about his hometown. Donā€™t be surprised if he brings some dinosaur bones from the house to hit you over the head with.

Ā 

17 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Glen Rose is one of the prettiest places in the state.Ā Ā 

And I feel bad for anyone who grew up in Texas whose parents didn't take them to the dinosaur park.

Fossil Rim animal park was also cool as a kid.Ā  It's also home to one of the two nuclear plants in the state.

• Drool 1

2 minutes ago, blacklab said:

14-7 North Shore at the half. Somehow despite a massive talent disadvantage at every position NS using better coaching and a scrappy can do attitude to somehow get the lead.Ā 

The teams should be pretty even talent wise. I think thereā€™s 5 guys total on NS with FBS offers, maybe 3 total on Westlake right?Ā 

16 minutes ago, Ravishing Rick said:

Houston ref crew. They also ā€œmissedā€ an obvious lost fumble by NS. But it was right before their botched punt so turned out well for Westlake.