Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

5 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

I feel like we need a Bochy as MacGyver meme for how he's cobbling together pitching and bullpen that was a disaster just a few weeks ago.

Wizard.

I'm going to give the credit to the guys throwing the ball first because some of them have really turned it around.

But Bochy has managed everything very well. And when he's made questionable decisions it hasn't really bitten him yet - in part because like I said - dudes are giving him good innings.

We just have a great group of guys that never get down and always work to pick each other up. You need the right manager and you also need the right players and we've had both this run. 

3 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Lol at Leclerc nodding trying to hold it together. 

It's the ump show and it sucks but you learn in about 12U that any pitch that is close to wait a tick before just taking it for granted.  You start the trot to first base the moment the ball hits the glove you are getting a strike called on you by Mr Big Blue with his "I'll show you" bullshit.  It's not right but it's "the way it is"

After Heaney laid an egg in Game 4 of the ALCS with the start (and Dunning had to come in during the first) I feel like he gives Dunning the start tomorrow with Heaney first out of the pen.  But guess we'll see what Bochy decides.  He said in his press conference just now they are about to go discuss and come to a decision.

4 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Feel like we'll need 7 tomorrow 

Given his short history, I thought tonight was going to be our home run party night. Starter gave up something like 22 HRs in 96 innings. I may have that wrong but it was a little shocking he was given the nod. He performed a lot better than I thought he might. Still gave up a nice bomb to Seager. Tomorrow is going to be a wild ride. And it's Halloween. 

I was curious - because Seager already has one (yes it was sort of a fucky, asterisked one) and surely he'd be the MVP through 3 games.

• Three players have won the award twice: Sandy Koufax (1963, 1965), Bob Gibson (1964, 1967), and Jackson (1973, 1977); Jackson is the only player to have won the award with two different teams.

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Given his short history, I thought tonight was going to be our home run party night. Starter gave up something like 22 HRs in 96 innings. I may have that wrong but it was a little shocking he was given the nod. He performed a lot better than I thought he might. Still gave up a nice bomb to Seager. Tomorrow is going to be a wild ride. And it's Halloween. 

Before the game they said he had made several adjustments to his form late in the season and proceeded to put up some crazy k/bb number.

• Like 1

He apparently was a totally different pitcher after they tweaked his mechanics late in the season. I think it had to do with him sliding to the first base side of the rubber.

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

max is done until game 7 anyway.

Garcia may sit tomorrow but I bet he's back for #5

If max is done done, and they want to hold gray back for a g7 start, it would be good to get max of of the roster asap for another bullpen arm. 

though if there’s a good chance to close it out in 5 or 6, it would be very tempting to use gray there. 

imagine someone like Cody Bradford starting g7.  We would hear the word aledo a few times.