Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

10 hours ago, ztejas said:

Do whatever the fuck you want. You only get so many of these in your life my friend. 

Damn skippy!!! When the last out was recorded, I had flashbacks of Keith Jackson's call when VINCE YOUNG SCORES!!!  I was sitting in the bar at the San Luis and the disgruntled Astro fans that were present were much like the D-back fans, totally deflated and headed for the exits.  So glad at age 71 after enduring all of the agony of Ranger baseball to finally exalt in the moment of triumph that winning it all brings.  2005 and 2023 will forever be defining moments in my lifetime of watching and supporting the teams I care about. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Last night was harder than usual to sleep. Still doesn't feel real.

Dude was not a good manager, and he's not much of a 3B coach either, but I don't believe there's a nicer guy in all of baseball than Tony Beasley. Dude got himself a ring now.

Same. Couldn’t turn my brain off and get to sleep.

Still can’t believe this all really happened.

Oh we're allowed back in the Rangers thread now, how nice. Lord.
This may have been posted already but how fitting Sborz locked it down and closed it out. 
2023 Postseason
G 10
ERA 0.75
IP 12
SO 13
WHIP 0.67
Fucking nails.

Yep. I posted about it during the ALCS, I think. He was perhaps the worst offender when the Rangers couldn’t protect a lead during their late season 4-18 swoon. He went on the DL and came back the last weekend of regular season.

I think he got the decision on Saturday of the Seattle series. And Bochy immediately went to him against Tampa as the first guy out of the ‘pen in games that we were in position to win. It seems silly to say but he was probably Texas’ most “valuable” pitcher in the playoffs. By that I mean no matter how well Monty or Eovaldi pitched, if the bullpen cratered it wasn’t going to matter. We were going to lose. And Sborz was damn near perfect. He was definitely an unsung hero and I love the fact that he will forever be immortalized as the guy on the mound who threw the final pitch. It’s fitting — the final strike was a breaking ball that caught the top of the box. I think he was surprised it was called a strike. There was the ever-so-slightest hesitation before he realized what he’d done.

Incredible. All of this.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

I can't even wrap my head around the clutchness of this team from so many different guys.

Fucking Jank. Taveras multiple times even if he was invisible at others. Garver several times including last night with the first RBI.

Can we talk about Evan Carter? As if we haven't -- but Sep-tem-ber. September.

His catch last night (Another one.)

He hit nine doubles, a single postseason record.

I felt we were finally gonna be okay yesterday in whatever inning it was where several guys were being patient and working counts. I think Lowe was one of them. But Carter definitely was.

Or I dreamed it.

Who fucking knows who fucking cares.

Champs.

In 10 years I'll tell people I went to 5 games this postseason and watched them clinch it in Arizona and then I knocked out a security guard and jumped in their pool.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

I can't even wrap my head around the clutchness of this team from so many different guys.

Fucking Jank. Taveras multiple times even if he was invisible at others. Garver several times including last night with the first RBI.

I felt we were finally gonna be okay yesterday in whatever inning it was where several guys were being patient and working counts. I think Lowe was one of them. But Carter definitely was.

Or I dreamed it.

Champs.

In 10 years I'll tell people I went to 5 games this postseason and watched them clinch it in Arizona and then I knocked out a security guard and jumped in their pool.

He got on base in all 17 post season games. He has played incredible baseball and took a weak spot of this team and made it a strength. I don’t think we are here today without his contributions. 

• Like 2

Or I dreamed it.
Champs.

Evan Carter wasn’t even on the team until 9/8 and he hit third or cleanup for most of the playoffs — and never looked out of place. He had a 1.6 WAR appearing in just 23 regular season games.
  • Drool 1

leody - he was cold the past two weeks but the last part of the regular season he was one of the only guys who was hitting.  he had a couple timely hits and made a couple plays on defense that lead directly to wins at a time when no one else on the team was doing those things.  

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Fudbelty said:

I was honestly surprised Ballys didn’t do a longer postgame. After that I turned on Diamond talk. Finally fell asleep at 2a. Woke up at 4a and immediately pumped up and couldn’t go back to sleep.

I finally gave up at 3. I heard Wilonsky call in and Sweaty Jen Olson Guy and... it's kind of a blur. 

I'm still half questioning if it's real.