Griddle me this Batman

Both Tacos

Just found this thread.  I have a 32" Turbo Grille four burner that I never use.  I have been wanting to pull it out and put a griddle in its place.  I use my BGE for any grilling.  Seems like everyone on here likes the Blackstone, has anyone swapped out a built in grill for a griddle? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got a Blackstone for Father’s Day in a ridiculous ordeal that included seven trips to four different Walmarts. But I’ve been digging it. 

Breakfast tacos and F1 this morning. Be gentle, I am not Texas. 

B8C401C9-A261-42AD-90AD-A5CC77551B13.jpeg

50A0067A-0E13-4316-B9E4-896D56D7F244.jpeg

Sammy got some bacon. Don’t tell Mom. 

FC75D8BF-7BCC-4AAA-ADAE-1556FFA08026.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Just now, DalTxHornFan said:

Steel Shank worthy!

The chicken was really the star. 

Chicken thighs, season heavily with salt, pepper, garlic powder (or minced fresh garlic preferably), and oregano. More oregano than you think is right. Juice of a couple large lemons, mix and let set up in the fridge. Griddle on med-high heat, get a good sear, more oregano, flip turn, down heat,  moar oregano, flip two times more. Chop chicken for pita wraps, or just top a nice salad.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not quite.

Did burgers for a first run Monday night.

Not home last night, and tonight not sure what I'll throw on there. Thinking about pork chops and dressing.

Friday night is either cheesesteaks or fajitas. Probably fajitas unless I want to go get rolls.

Breakfast is another matter. Was thinking Saturday or Sunday morning would be alright, whichever day I don't play golf. Thinking unless I keep it stupid simple, I may wait and get it seasoned in a little more before going for a more delicate cook like eggs or pancakes to get it a little more non-stick than it is now.

I ran 5 or 6 rounds on it Sunday night, then 3 more after the cook Monday night.

Found a big enough melting dome that can cover my cast iron baking dish, so enchiladas are in the near future as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

Wed: went with the pork chops, dressing, and some peas. 

last night: wings, mac n cheese

59730A92-E233-4C2E-93B8-23054FE04D10.thumb.jpeg.d47064de5fcadc8a01c88eb278005817.jpeg

tonight was fajitas. Slammed. Went hard. 

I keep forgetting pics, but whatever. It’s a blackstone. Plenty seen before. 😂

This mother fucker kicks so much ass. I’ve wanted one for several years, and should have then. Better late than never I guess. 

No hot ass kitchen. Less mess. Easy cleanup. Loving it so far.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

Wed: went with the pork chops, dressing, and some peas. 

last night: wings, mac n cheese

59730A92-E233-4C2E-93B8-23054FE04D10.thumb.jpeg.d47064de5fcadc8a01c88eb278005817.jpeg

tonight was fajitas. Slammed. Went hard. 

I keep forgetting pics, but whatever. It’s a blackstone. Plenty seen before. 😂

This mother fucker kicks so much ass. I’ve wanted one for several years, and should have then. Better late than never I guess. 

No hot ass kitchen. Less mess. Easy cleanup. Loving it so far.

Welcome to the club. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yea...pure maple for me.

Idea straight up stolen from Pacha Cafe on Brunet Rd just a block or so north of 45th.

Pre-cook the bacon (microwave to short cut) about 75%, then cut into chunks.

Hot (400+) griddle

Pour out pancakes (Alton Brown’s “Instant” recipe on Food Network app) on griddle.

Add bacon first, then shredded sharp cheddar.

Flip, let sit...then use stiff steel spatula to get under it, and flip over again to make sur cheese is crusted up.

Smother with maple syrup

Update….before flipping spray the cheese and bacon side with Bakers Joy. Cheese crusts up perfectly and no stick.

3 hours ago, TornACL said:

This thread fucks. I donated my table top Blackstone to my tailgate group a few years back but I am hopping on Amazon to rectify that situation, pronto.

Having just went through the looking phase, all I can say is be careful where you get one. 

Not all 22/28/36 in blackstones are equal. 

I went to Lowe’s first, after checking stock, and checked out their display. Was way less stable than I’d have thought, and not like ones I’d used previously. 

Ended up turning around and leaving. 

Went to Ace next. They had. 6 different ones set up. From the two mostly stainless, full cabinet 36” ones at 1500 (one with air fryer drawers, the other just regular drawers and a cabinet), a 22 and 28, and then a 36” with and without a hood cover. 

MUCH better. Granted I can’t personally see the almost $1k premium for having the cabinet or anything. So 36”w/hood for me.

Same model as listed on the blackstone site. Most of the lowes/home depot/wally models you don’t see on their site.

In short, keep an eye out on what you’re actually getting. 

Edit:

https://blackstoneproducts.com/collections/deal-of-the-week/products/original-36in-griddle-w-hood

Edited by thunderlounge
add link. Fuck chip brown

Hit the food gettin store.

Tx toast, deli meat, steaks, shrimp, 1/4lb nathans, and some other basics/supplies. 

This week is going to be a good one. 

Steak/shrimp/baked potatoes tonight, pancake tacos with glazed apple/banana tomorrow for breakfast. Tomorrow night is cheese enchiladas. 

Then have stuff for grilled blts, grilled cheese, breakfast sammiches, ham/roast beef sliders, mexican pizzas, and quesadillas.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...