2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, MaybeACoordinator said:

A quick note I don't want to let away: when Robert robbed Tuck, seemingly in return for Tuck robbing him earlier in the series, Robert Ford called it "Gold Glover-on-Gold Glover violence,"

Ford is a gem.

Just now, Mo Horn said:

Great pitch, just baseball that that dropped. 

Inning would've been over on the previous hit if Yuli'd been on first.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I'd rather see Blanco in the rotation than Urquidy, who seems ill-suited for MMP. Urquidy has come through for us but I'm always nervous when he's on the mound. 

My thoughts exactly. The World Series games are looking more and more fluky/miracle. He's probably a third starter for the Stros in like 2011. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I'd rather see Blanco in the rotation than Urquidy, who seems ill-suited for MMP. Urquidy has come through for us but I'm always nervous when he's on the mound. 

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

My thoughts exactly. The World Series games are looking more and more fluky/miracle. He's probably a third starter for the Stros in like 2011. 

He'd be a great player to include at the trade deadline. Let Blanco get reps the first few months in the pen, and then put him in the rotation when Urquidy is traded. I think another team, in playoff contention, that needs a #4 or #5 starter would be really interested. 

3 hours ago, WBT said:

Good job, Neris.  Tied for 1st, pending.

We're going to need some starters to go more than 5 innings at some point.

It's pretty common for that to happen early in the season. For example last season in 3 of the Astros first 4 games the starter went 5 or less innings. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rvm96 said:

It's pretty common for that to happen early in the season. For example last season in 3 of the Astros first 4 games the starter went 5 or less innings. 

We racetracks arms, everyone still needs to be stretched out, especially the starters. Just keep racking more W’s than L’s. It’s a long season and lost season