2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

6 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Deal was signed the day click got let go or the day after. Have no idea if he was involved in any negotiations (he was at winter meetings so probably?) or put on ice while the deal was being negotiated. 

click was offered a one year deal, he decided to walk 

I mean probably reading into this too much, but to follow up on the maturity/anger issues....I watched a segment I saw yesterday online of them asking players who gets the most Hangry and Chas won out.....Meyers literally sounded terrified of Chas " he can get very hangry!" or something along those lines.  

Edit - here it is lol 

Edited by Scraps

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

I mean probably reading into this too much, but to follow up on the maturity/anger issues....I watched a segment I saw yesterday online of them asking players who gets the most Hangry and Chas won out.....Meyers literally sounded terrified of Chas " he gets really mad!" or something along those lines.  

Chomp chomp

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

I mean probably reading into this too much, but to follow up on the maturity/anger issues....I watched a segment I saw yesterday online of them asking players who gets the most Hangry and Chas won out.....Meyers literally sounded terrified of Chas " he can get very hangry!" or something along those lines.  

Edit - here it is lol 

Yes. Whenever the players are asked anything where the subtext is who is the biggest dipshit on the team Chas is the answer. I’ve also heard a few inside the locker room stories that confirm said information.  It’s not a bad guy thing it’s exactly what I said- dipshit thing. That runs some guys the wrong way. I’m sure Dusty is one of them that’s rubbed the wrong way. 

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

He’s getting beaned tonight 

Good, his OBP will tick up and our odds of scoring increases. That means the net effect of his play is positive (I think). 

22 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yes. Whenever the players are asked anything where the subtext is who is the biggest dipshit on the team Chas is the answer. I’ve also heard a few inside the locker room stories that confirm said information.  It’s not a bad guy thing it’s exactly what I said- dipshit thing. That runs some guys the wrong way. I’m sure Dusty is one of them that’s rubbed the wrong way. 

And the team is still better when he plays. Nothing else should matter because he’s not a bad guy, just a weirdo, and the team is not adversely affected by his inclusion in the lineup in any way (quite the opposite). 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Well this certainly would explain the rumored Yankee interest in him 

• Haha 1