2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Land Robert in time for August.

Get Mr. August ~.300/.400/.500 slash line Abreu
Get Yordan back at the beginning of August batting in between them.

that’s my kind of Cuban Missile Crisis

Altuve

Bregs

Robert 

Yordan

Abreu

Tucker

Diaz

Pena

LF/DH/Maldy

44973996-D8F1-4247-A9C2-684CA2AD7596.gif.3785b7ac03b3133b2750d6c31564eb35.gif

(But don’t make me look at the pitching side of things)

Edited by UTexasFight

8 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I’ve discussed dating Selma Hayek and Kate Beckinsale at the same time.

It would take a miracle and obvious loss of mental capacity on their part but there is momentum. 
Have fun with that info.

That guy has zero sources and is nothing but a Twitter cheerleader. He’s still crying over Correa being gone. I take absolutely nothing he says seriously.

We might not even be close to first to make a trade the way this team is playing. If the rangers keep winning against the top half while we can’t beat the Rockies I would strongly consider not trading any assets and just playing the rest of the season and healing up for next year.
No.

That will not be decided in 2 weeks. Plus you don't have to win the division.

Still have 2 months after that and are defending champs that have had massive injury issues.

Sack up.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

even if we get the 6 seed, does anyone in the al scare you?  go look at the projected bracket. bunch of nancies in this thread. 

this team has another gear once the playoffs

even the young guys on our roster, they know what’s expected of them when the playoff start. They’ve all seen the highlights. They want to be the next Astro to step up and be a highlight 

Edited by tx 3 putt

13 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Normally this would be scoffed at but that guy has had good info in the past and I’ve seen at least one other legit source confirm the Astros have engaged CWS on both Robert and Cease.  There are also a few other factors that make me think a trade like that could actually be possible:

1. Dana Brown knows that Click’s failure to make a major impact at last year’s deadline was one of the primary factors that cost him his job.  He also inherited all of the Astros assets so likely doesn’t have any sentimentality working against trading the players the White Sox would ask for.

2. The White Sox are (stupidly) likely to insist on major league ready players in a deal like that rather than prospects who may be 2-3 years away from contributing.  This is one arena Houston can compete in, since they have valuable young big leaguers they can reasonably part with that wouldn’t decimate their chances of winning in the short or long term.

3. Making a pre-emptive blockbuster trade would put a shitload of pressure on the Rangers to answer, possibly in a way that shortens their competitive window.

My guess on what a trade for Cease and Robert would look like:

1 of Pena, Diaz, or Hunter Brown

1 of Garcia, France, Urquidy, or Arrighetti

1 of Meyers, McCormick, or Julks

1 of Gilbert, Melton, Barber, Lee, or Clifford

1 other prospect

Houston could also take Tim Anderson back to give Chicago more salary relief and unblock Pena, as well as give Houston another SS option with Dubon and Kessinger.

I would say there’s about a 2% chance of Houston completing a trade for Cease and Robert, but it’s not zero.

• Hook 'Em 2