2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

8 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

We have to have the worst medical staff in all of MLB.

Not only that, you will seemingly never get a straight or fully true answer out of the coaching staff/front office.  It's always half-truths or hemming and hawing.  It's infuriating.  

1 hour ago, Guadaloopy said:

We need a rule change about breaking the plane of the base, with the base extending infinitely in the vertical direction, especially at home plate.  Looking for that fraction of a second where an otherwise safe runner briefly loses contact with the bag is maddening and not in keeping with the spirit of the game.  You beat the ball or the tag to the bag, you're safe.  

Nope.

you don’t touch the base or you lose contact with it and the tag is still on you, you’re out. I don’t care if the ball beat you there by 30 feet. This isn’t a strike zone where there is judgement involved. It’s either you were tagged without /before touching the base and you’re out or you’re  not. 

my beef has always been with the fielder who has to slap the runner and immediately show his glove to the ump.

the ball hasn’t gone anywhere. The ump doesn’t need to see you holding up a ball inside your glove….meanwhile the runner popped off the bag and you could have tagged him out. Keep the glove on the runner until time is called . Idk why that isn’t drilled in to every infielder 

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Nope.

you don’t touch the base or you lose contact with it and the tag is still on you, you’re out. I don’t care if the ball beat you there by 30 feet. This isn’t a strike zone where there is judgement involved. It’s either you were tagged without /before touching the base and you’re out or you’re  not. 

my beef has always been with the fielder who has to slap the runner and immediately show his glove to the ump.

the ball hasn’t gone anywhere. The ump doesn’t need to see you holding up a ball inside your glove….meanwhile the runner popped off the bag and you could have tagged him out. Keep the glove on the runner until time is called . Idk why that isn’t drilled in to every infielder 

This.

15 minutes ago, WBT said:

How the fuck does he play 3 games and then can't play the next 2 days in games that actually matter?

Tucker might as well sit out tonight to so there's no chance of him getting hurt too.

and in the meantime he is taking BP on the field 

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

So infuriating. I don't know what makes me rage more- Dusty and his managerial decisions, the training staff and their "pussy ass bubble boy bullshit" or whatever Scraps said, the flat out untruth coming from the FO about players health (or Dusty claiming Hippa bullshit when it's clearly not) or the existence of Maldonado on this team taking away games catching from Diaz.

That's just a joke- the answer is maldy on what makes me rage the most. It's always Maldy. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Put your fantasies to bed boys. Look at the waiver wire. It’s the Dana way.

I don't know man, I think it's actually the Jim Crane way.  He's never paid the tax. He's usually (and this is smack dab in the middle of WS contention runs) at least 20M from the tax line.  This is the 3rd different GM since this all started.  Only common point is Crane.  

• Hook 'Em 6

5 minutes ago, texashorne said:

Dusty's insistence on playing Maldanodo reeks of Mack Brown and his insistance on Greg Davis. Thats why I hate it so much. 

Funny.

I was just going to make a Mack Brown comparison to Dana Brown and the “winning too much is bad for you” mentality that they both clearly share 

19 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I don't know man, I think it's actually the Jim Crane way.  He's never paid the tax. He's usually (and this is smack dab in the middle of WS contention runs) at least 20M from the tax line.  This is the 3rd different GM since this all started.  Only common point is Crane.  

Yep. Without a doubt. Never be confused with the Yankees. He’s got a house to build. Can’t be buying everyone World Series rings again for at least a few more years. Gonna chew all the sweet out of ‘22 first. 

But seriously there are some relievers for sure that can had within budget and probably a decent bench bat. I have no interest in going into the playoffs with a bench with Madris, Hensley, Meyers or Kessinger anywhere on it. I said weeks ago Lorenzen or Kyle Hendricks would be our pay threshold this year for starters. All this Cease, Roberts, Verlander talk was Twitter cheerleader nonsense. We have Chazzy Fizz. We good. 

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

We’re just now figuring out Crane is cheap? 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Scraps said:
40 minutes ago, Rip76 said:
Halp!
Staying at the Courtyard off Travis.

I mean you might as well go to Biggios if you want to stay on that side of 59. Pretty slim pickings though.

They’re usually pretty freaking packed right?

I’m thinking there or Cobo’s.