2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

17 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Maybe he's here to take his mind off the fact his October schedule looks pretty open. The O's have become my second-favorite team, so this hits close to home. 

https://www.facebook.com/100000075221702/posts/pfbid02wdi5YULumQGqSQZFL6cB77s86EhZ2Si6UqUGi3f5pbAWeDVxKKiYoryZ6ndaBygal/?mibextid=I6gGtw

Dak will be killing the cowboys season about that time 

28 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Bregman to 2nd and Yordan back to 3rd.  Only complaint is Chas below Abreu.

I think yall know I am Diaz biggest fan, but I think that he and chas should probably be flipped as between 5 and 7. Still, no complaints. Just stunning to see us field our best possible team for the first time of the year here on August 4th.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, kevwun said:

Yeah I would put Chas 5th and Diaz 6th.  Diaz still chases too many bad pitches.  They should both be ahead of Abreu though.

And that works too. Much like I know we will never see Yordan bat 2nd while Dusty Baker manages this team I assume that Abreu will never hit lower than 6th.  He is a run producer so I get it I guess.

Cy Keuchel signed called up by the Twins and expected to start this weekend.
Yeah i posted that he was called up yesterday.....looks like he actual had the perfect storm happen for him.

My understanding is he was doing well in 6 minor league starts with Min, and he had a timeframe to opt out of his contract which when Ryan got hurt he used .....which in turn gave the Twins two options, release him to sign with whoever or call him up.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

And that works too. Much like I know we will never see Yordan bat 2nd while Dusty Baker manages this team I assume that Abreu will never hit lower than 6th.  He is a run producer so I get it I guess.

With today's starting 9 I would go with this. Realistically those last 4 don't really matter that much but Yainer needs to be low because of his chase rate. Peña dropped to 9 because he can run if he gets on when the lineup rolls over.

Altuve
Tucker
Bregman
Alvarez
McCormick
Meyers
Díaz
Abreu
Peña

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

With today's starting 9 I would go with this. Realistically those last 4 don't really matter that much but Yainer needs to be low because of his chase rate. Peña dropped to 9 because he can run if he gets on when the lineup rolls over.

Altuve
Tucker
Bregman
Alvarez
McCormick
Meyers
Díaz
Abreu
Peña

I don’t like Meyers 6th and I’d flip Tucker and Yordan (or maybe even bat Tucker 1st if I was going to hit Yordan 4th) but that lineup is absolutely fine too. 
hell, you could probably just order the lineup 1-9 based upon OBP and be pretty close to good I’d bet. 

We need good Julks back ….

Corey Julks has 3 hits in his last 62 plate appearances. His BAbip is just .071 during this time, indicating a mix of bad luck and poor contact. 

In the 53 PAs immediately prior, he hit .447 with an unsustainable .525 BAbip. 

but the scouting reports caught up to him

😂😂😂

Asked if he had to talk to rookie starter Hunter Brown about the Yankee Stadium environment, Dusty Baker said: "No, he's from Detroit. I don't know no punks out of Detroit. All the dudes I played with out of Detroit are some cool, borderline gangsters."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

We need good Julks back ….

Corey Julks has 3 hits in his last 62 plate appearances. His BAbip is just .071 during this time, indicating a mix of bad luck and poor contact. 

In the 53 PAs immediately prior, he hit .447 with an unsustainable .525 BAbip. 

but the scouting reports caught up to him

Don't think this is bad Julks.  This is Just Julks.

• Hook 'Em 1