2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

All y’all bitching about Dusty should probably be thanking him.

being able to dissect every little move and blast Dusty for it because we’re in a pennant race for once is, arguably, a lot more entertaining than reading the daily Wulaw 1,000 word post about whether we should carry 12 or 13 pitchers on the LDS roster (and why it should be 13 and named Spencer Arrighetti)…

because that’s about all of the kind of shit we had to talk about at this point in September the past ~ 6 years. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

46 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

All y’all bitching about Dusty should probably be thanking him.

being able to dissect every little move and blast Dusty for it because we’re in a pennant race for once is, arguably, a lot more entertaining than reading the daily Wulaw 1,000 word post about whether we should carry 12 or 13 pitchers on the LDS roster (and why it should be 13 and named Spencer Arrighetti)…

because that’s about all of the kind of shit we had to talk about at this point in September the past ~ 6 years. 

Wrong. 11 v 12. And my thesis was always that it should be 11. But if we are in the 3 game wild card series I think we should go a different way and only roster 16 players 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Wrong. 11 v 12. And my thesis was always that it should be 11. But if we are in the 3 game wild card series I think we should go a different way and only roster 16 players 

Haha, yeah I knew I had some of the details wrong and you were Team More Bench Players but my pint still stands 

Bout time Tucker joins the HR party.

he's usually on fire in this park 

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Hook 'Em 1

Verlander needs to realize he’s no longer going to overpower anyone with his fastball. 
Yes it’s still mid 90’s but it’s straight. He’s going to have to change his approach and start locating that better and instead of working up in the zone he’s going to have to be a corners and lower half guy going forward. He can still get to 300 doing that. If he stays doing this he’s not going to make it and be out of base ball in 3 years as he’ll grow frustrated with 8-10 wins seasons and a 4+ era.

2 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Verlander needs to realize he’s no longer going to overpower anyone with his fastball. 
Yes it’s still mid 90’s but it’s straight. He’s going to have to change his approach and start locating that better and instead of working up in the zone he’s going to have to be a corners and lower half guy going forward. He can still get to 300 doing that. If he stays doing this he’s not going to make it and be out of base ball in 3 years as he’ll grow frustrated with 8-10 wins seasons and a 4+ era.

Im sure all that you just typed would be a revelation to JV.  He probably just needs to hear it from someone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, runthebone said:

The fewer shitty people Dusty has to choose from, the better.

For my blood pressure, at least.  Probably the team also.

I mean, would anyone here be mad if we just left 10 roster spots open? 
JV/Framber/France/brown/Presley/nerris/Abreu

and Altuve/Bregman/Yordan/tucker/Chas/Diaz/Abreu/Brantley/pena. 
MLb would ne like where’s the rest of your roster. Dana Brown be like- eh/ it’s 3 game series. This is all we need. We can’t let our manager play with too many toys. 

• Hook 'Em 1