2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

He got a delayed jump making sure it wasn’t caught.

was getting to third as they were throwing it back in and with no outs decided not to risk it.

Ok decision with nobody out  

But how Abreu didn’t tag to third on Jankowski’s arm and then score on that bloop is annoying 

Ranger announcers bug me.

"Low effort by Tucker going to 2nd"

No, dumbasses, he wasn't sure if the ball was going to be caught or not.  Once he saw it was gonna clear, he put it in gear.  They said similar shit last night about Yordan going to 3rd on a hit to shallow LF.  He wasn't loafing, he just knew there was no fucking way he was legging it out for home.

I don't like the effort being questioned, on guys who fucking bust their asses all the time.  It's also about knowing the situation.

15 minutes ago, slorch said:

Ranger announcers bug me.

"Low effort by Tucker going to 2nd"

No, dumbasses, he wasn't sure if the ball was going to be caught or not.  Once he saw it was gonna clear, he put it in gear.  They said similar shit last night about Yordan going to 3rd on a hit to shallow LF.  He wasn't loafing, he just knew there was no fucking way he was legging it out for home.

I don't like the effort being questioned, on guys who fucking bust their asses all the time.  It's also about knowing the situation.

Why are you listening to the Rangers announc-- OHHHHH YOU'RE WATCHING ON TV.

I always use MLB since I'm (1) a poor T-Mobile user (and get it for free) and (2) nowhere near in-market for any of these games. Then I switch to Ford & Sparky's audio to go with the video. :)

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

Everyone gives Matt Boltz credit for the radio bumper music when he plays the perfect soundtrack to something quirky that just happened (as they should) but as I’ve pointed out, the rest is crap ‘90s/ early 2000s pop rock.

witness: creed - my sacrifice coming out of that last break 

Ok Good GIF

cmon JV do not let them off the mat

45 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

with the effect this thread has on those we shit talk, I'm gonna make a future wager on Dusty Baker to be the AL manager at the 2024 ASG. 

Hopefully at the request of whoever our 2024 manager as a goodwill gesture to a retired ambassador of the game…who’s team raked at the site of the 2024 ASG, Globe Life Park