2023 Final Four general thread

shadow_operative

3 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I think it’s gonna come down to SDSUs offense. If we get the team that showed up Vs furman and bama then we will have ourselves a game.

If they come out like tonight or against Charleston or Creighton? Blowout City

It's not going to be a game.

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Hahahaha fuck off Miami. Fucking losers didn't have the refs in your pocket in the 2nd half to help you out. And fuck that dude who purposely leaped into Carr to dead leg him with no intentions to go after the ball. Enjoy your ass whipping. 

Interesting what happens when you aren’t bailed out at the FT line. And yes that big guy is a thug, had a dirty foul at the end of this one.

Miami FTs:
32 vs Texas 
12 vs UConn

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Scholz said:

Interesting what happens when you aren’t bailed out at the FT line. 

Attacking an undersized team in the paint isn't being bailed out. Miami did that, and did it successfully against us. It had no prayer tonight given UConn's size. 

We just need more size.

As much as some of you need some objectivity. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Wally Pryor said:

Attacking an undersized team in the paint isn't being bailed out. Miami did that, and did it successfully against us. It had no prayer tonight given UConn's size. 

We just need more size.

Ha. 32 FTs? Gimme a break. The fix was in. How many travels weren’t called? Over the back travesty?

As much as some of you need some honesty.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

We just need more size.

By attacking in the paint, do you mean traveling and then stumbling into our players?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Wally Pryor said:

No doubt. The game was fixed.

Yeah it was. Also how many of their fouls against us went uncalled? How many of our “fouls” were them simply lowering their shoulders into us or a few flat out running us over?

Any rational, objective person could recognize crooked refs in that one.

3 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

By attacking in the paint, do you mean traveling and then stumbling into our players?

All of this.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

I sat with one of our assistant coaches this morning at a youth soccer game. An important assistant coach, one I've referenced in other threads. 

His assessment of last Sunday? We tensed up in the last 6 minutes of the game, didn't execute, missed Disu a ton in the rotation and just had to give credit to a team that went into the paint and made shots. Big shots. When down 10 or so, Miami converted. He said its ability to get inside the lane to score, get to the line, or both, won the game.

Not once did he mention officials. Nor should he have. 

I know that's a tough thing to do on this board, but live with it. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Scholz said:

Yeah it was. Also how many of their fouls against us went uncalled? How many of our “fouls” were them simply lowering their shoulders into us or a few flat out running us over?

Any rational, objective person could recognize crooked refs in that one.

All of this.

Lol.  Come on.  You really think Texas-Miami basketball was fixed?   Shitty reffing?  Sure.  But it actually being fixed.  😂

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

I sat with one of our assistant coaches this morning at a youth soccer game. An important assistant coach, one I've referenced in other threads. 

His assessment of last Sunday? We tensed up in the last 6 minutes of the game, didn't execute, missed Disu a ton in the rotation and just had to give credit to a team that went into the paint and made shots. Big shots. When down 10 or so, Miami converted. He said its ability to get inside the lane to score, get to the line, or both, won the game.

Did he have a sweet new Rolex on?

10 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol.  Come on.  You really think Texas-Miami basketball was fixed?

Just going off the obvious reality yes. What’s LOL are the naive or dishonest people who don’t think refs put their thumbs on the scale for whatever reason financial or spite. UT gets jobbed all the time in football as well. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Scholz said:

Just going off the obvious reality yes. What’s LOL are the naive or dishonest people who don’t think refs put their thumbs on the scale for whatever reason financial or spite. UT gets jobbed all the time in football as well. 

Definitely a conspiracy to job the richest school out there.  No doubt.  It’s probably Soros.  Or maybe Toby Keith.  

I’m just buzzed.  Could use a hit of what you’re on.  

1 hour ago, JimmyTwoTimes said:

Just stop, dude. We probably win with Disu, he was out, they attacked and probably got some cheap fouls yes. But you think there was a fix to keep a Texas team out of a final 4 in Texas, please enlighten us with that logic.

I don't know that the fix is in to win or lose--but I'd definitely say the fix is in to make games competitive for the excitement.  UConn has dominated in a way that doesn't allow for refs to keep it close.  

UConn is solid, inside and out.  Their bigs are active and attack.  SDSU has size in mass, so they're not going to get pushed around like Miami, and they play the passing lanes well and hustle.  Miami had one guy really manning the middle and against the Huskies, that wasn't going to cut it.  SDSU is going to need to play consistently for a full game and not have any scoring droughts.    

10 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Definitely a conspiracy to job the richest school out there.  No doubt.  It’s probably Soros.  Or maybe Toby Keith.  

I’m just buzzed.  Could use a hit of what you’re on.  

I’m now doubting you even watched said basketball game.

Just now, Scholz said:

I’m now doubting you even watched said basketball game.

Oh I watched it.  And I still don’t buy a fix.  Some shitty reffing?  Sure.  I’m sure the cabal wanted ‘’UConn vs Whale’s Vagina’’ over UT in the FF that’s being hosted in *checks notes* Houston?  Rightttttt

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Oh I watched it.  And I still don’t buy a fix.  Some shitty reffing?  Sure.  I’m sure the cabal wanted ‘’UConn vs Whale’s Vagina’’ over UT in the FF that’s being hosted in *checks notes* Houston?  Rightttttt

Who said Illuminiti? I’m saying the Miami Mafia paid off the refs. There was a huge surge of Miami bets right before the game.And a huge thumb on the scales in the 2nd half.

Just now, Scholz said:

Who said Illuminiti? I’m saying the Miami Mafia paid off the refs. There was a huge surge of Miami bets right before the game.And a huge thumb on the scales in the 2nd half.

I have a place in Miami and a place in Chicago.  I’m a nut for mafia history.  I’d love to hear about this ‘Miami mafia’.  Miami Jai Alai days are long gone buddy.  John Ruiz is as close as it gets these days.  And his shitfaced ass is far from pulling anything like that off.  But keep up w the crazy conspiracy talk.  If you believe really hard it may be true - not really but it will make you feel better, and that’s all that really matters.  So…cheers!

• Fuck You 1

Nothing to do with the the NCAA. It’s gamblers making money.

This is exactly how the NBA ref cheating happened. Donaghy was given a team and a number. He made sure the team hit the number. The gamblers didn’t care if it was Boston or Sacramento winning.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Fastbreak said:

Nothing to do with the the NCAA. It’s gamblers making money.

This is exactly how the NBA ref cheating happened. Donaghy was given a team and a number. He made sure the team hit the number. The gamblers didn’t care if it was Boston or Sacramento winning.

Yeah, you can watch literally any game and be convinced it’s a possibility.  I choose to not buy it, in this instance.  But I won’t hold it against you, if you do.  Does it happen?  Sure.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I have a place in Miami and a place in Chicago.  I’m a nut for mafia history.  I’d love to hear about this ‘Miami mafia’.  Miami Jai Alai days are long gone buddy.  John Ruiz is as close as it gets these days.  And his shitfaced ass is far from pulling anything like that off.  But keep up w the crazy conspiracy talk.  If you believe really hard it may be true - not really but it will make you feel better, and that’s all that really matters.  So…cheers!

Great for you, pretentious doctor. My term was referring to gamblers, rappers, Miami alumni, etc. 

And who asked you, $ooner? Your team sucks .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Great for you, pretentious doctor. My term was referring to gamblers, rappers, Miami alumni, etc. 

And who asked you, $ooner? Your team sucks .

$ooner lol.  That really hurts.  Almost as bad as ‘pretentious doctor’.  Lol.  Jesus, douche. 

At least tell me about how it was the Cuban mafia.  That would have been a fun convo.  

Edit: I take it back.  I’m really hurt now, you negged me.  😂

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

$ooner lol.  That really hurts.  Almost as bad as ‘pretentious doctor’.  Lol.  Jesus, douche. 

At least tell me about how it was the Cuban mafia.  That would have been a fun convo.  

Again, who asked you, loser? Your team sucks.  Pretentious asshole.

• Haha 1

Yeah, you can watch literally any game and be convinced it’s a possibility.  I choose to not buy it, in this instance.  But I won’t hold it against you, if you do.  Does it happen?  Sure.  

4:44 left in the game. Miami scored to tie the game. It was their last basket. They won by 7 points….

Find another game in history with something similar. I’ll hang up and wait.
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

4:44 left in the game. Miami scored to tie the game. It was their last basket. They won by 7 points….

He didn’t watch the game

2 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

Yeah I’m definitely gonna go look that up.  It was fixed.  Everyone is just scared to write about it.  Just gonna pour myself one more bourbon and cry myself to sleep over $cholz negs.  

• Fuck You 1

Yeah I’m definitely gonna go look that up.  It was fixed.  Everyone is just scared to write about it.  Just gonna pour myself one more bourbon and cry myself to sleep over $cholz negs.  

Maybe your team can actually play next year and you won’t have to suck us off.

3 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

dude a coach is the last person who is going to blame the refs. this is not the flex that you think this is. the officiating in the miami game was terrible and it had a huge/negative impact on the game. 9 fouls in the first half, 28 in the second half. only one foul called on miami in the final 9 minutes. crazy FT disparity. five block calls on Texas that were charged all year long. missed traveling calls. miami winning by making a comeback despite not making any FGs for the final five minutes of the game. the officials were absolute fucking garbage. there was no fix, the officials were simply staggeringly incompetent. the injuries and foul situation for Texas didn't help either. but to deny that the officiating was terrible and that it clearly favored miami and helped them win is to be totally delusional. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

College basketball teams with the most national championships

• UCLA — 11 (Wooden + 1995)
  • Kentucky — 8
  • North Carolina — 6
  • Duke — 5 (K is done)
  • Indiana — 5 (Bobby Knight)
  • Kansas — 4
  • UConn — 4
  • Villanova — 3 (Coach is gone + miracle 85)
  • Cincinnati — 2 (Oscar Robertson)
  • Florida — 2 (Horford & Noah back to back)
  • Louisville — 2 (Denny Crum)
  • Michigan State — 2 (Magic + Izzo)
  • NC State — 2 (lucky dunk)
  • Oklahoma State — 2  (long time ago)
  • San Francisco — 2 (Bill Russell)

do most people see UConn as a blueblood? If they win Monday, they'll surpass Kansas, with their 5th title in a relatively short period of 1999-2023. 

Looking at that list, only 2 or 3 will ever win a title again. 

Edited by Make em eat Taco Bell

18 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

College basketball teams with the most national championships

• UCLA — 11 (Wooden + 1995)
  • Kentucky — 8
  • North Carolina — 6
  • Duke — 5 (K is done)
  • Indiana — 5 (Bobby Knight)
  • Kansas — 4
  • UConn — 4
  • Villanova — 3 (Coach is gone + miracle 85)
  • Cincinnati — 2 (Oscar Robertson)
  • Florida — 2 (Horford & Noah back to back)
  • Louisville — 2 (Denny Crum)
  • Michigan State — 2 (Magic + Izzo)
  • NC State — 2 (lucky dunk)
  • Oklahoma State — 2  (long time ago)
  • San Francisco — 2 (Bill Russell)

do most people see UConn as a blueblood? If they win Monday, they'll surpass Kansas, with their 5th title in a relatively short period of 1999-2023. 

Looking at that list, only 2 or 3 will ever win a title again. 

I’d say they aren’t as consistent season to season but when they put it together they win at a higher rate than the “blue bloods”. You win 5 titles and pass Kansas and tie Duke I’d say yea you should be considered a blue blood.

Edited by Rockethorn1978
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Coaches rarely blame the Refs in private conversations just as many avoid it in public like press conferences.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I’d say they aren’t as consistent season to season but when they put it together they win at a higher rate than the “blue bloods”. You win 5 titles and pass Kansas and tie Duke I’d say yea you should be considered a blue blood.

I hate UCONN because they lucked into beating the best Duke team ever in ‘99 because K thought Trajan Langdon was his best player for some reason, and then got handed the final four semi by the refs in 2004 before crushing a GaTech team that was the equivalent of Miami or SDSU this year in the final.  Then they have two amazing low seed runs led by perfect college guards, the one in 2011 being the worst final ever witnessed between them and Butler.  

All that said, if they win Monday, that’s 5 titles in less than 25 years.  It can’t be ignored no matter how much of a dick Jim Calhoun is/was (is he dead yet?).

Edited by A-Tex Devil
  • Like 1