2023 Final Four general thread

shadow_operative

8 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

dude a coach is the last person who is going to blame the refs. this is not the flex that you think this is. the officiating in the miami game was terrible and it had a huge/negative impact on the game. 9 fouls in the first half, 28 in the second half. only one foul called on miami in the final 9 minutes. crazy FT disparity. five block calls on Texas that were charged all year long. missed traveling calls. miami winning by making a comeback despite not making any FGs for the final five minutes of the game. the officials were absolute fucking garbage. there was no fix, the officials were simply staggeringly incompetent. the injuries and foul situation for Texas didn't help either. but to deny that the officiating was terrible and that it clearly favored miami and helped them win is to be totally delusional. 

no no no, we didn't drive to the bucket and Miami did...haven't you heard?

It was a travesty of shitty CBB/middle school officiating just like Purdue.  Miami fucking sucks and without refs putting them at the line in the 2nd half every possession they can't beat anyone worth a shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I’d say they aren’t as consistent season to season but when they put it together they win at a higher rate than the “blue bloods”. You win 5 titles and pass Kansas and tie Duke I’d say yea you should be considered a blue blood.

I am confused I thought winning a championship in 1939 made you a blue blood in all sports not 5 championships in the last 25 years.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Haha 1

Here to say I am not surprised at the 32% shooting performance by Miami, after they shot the game of their lives at 58%?  against us. 

I predicted  the over/under top be 38%.  Not a gambler, but if I could have taken the under on Miami shooting %  on this game yesterday, would have put up serious $. 

As for the refs, going from 32 to 12 FT attempts?  That has got to be some kind of record.  I mean about 1/3 of the attempts you took in the previous game?   

The positive spin I would like to remember the end of this year is it took a perfect game by Miller, AND a near-perfect free throw performance by the team, AND the most obscenely one-sided performance of a lifetime by the Big12 refs, AND we were still tied with the other team at 1:02 to go. 

In effect, our team WAS a final four team.  Should have been there.  

• Hook 'Em 1

honest question: how many all white teams have won the women's title in the last 20-30 years? LSU's athleticism has stood out since i've been watching, and i'm sitting here thinking, "well, when it's five white girls vs five black girls, that'll happen." i was shocked at how many all white teams there were as i watched the women's bracket show just waiting to see where UT landed. i honestly did not know that all white teams were still a thing. 

Mulkey seems a bit....high strung. Any coach on the men's side acted like that they would have been tossed a long time ago. It's kind of interesting to see the differences and what is accepted and what isn't. But I'll admit I've watched more women's basketball this weekend than the rest of my life combined. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, pops said:

Mulkey seems a bit....high strung. Any coach on the men's side acted like that they would have been tossed a long time ago. It's kind of interesting to see the differences and what is accepted and what isn't. But I'll admit I've watched more women's basketball this weekend than the rest of my life combined. 

Mostly because the officials on the mens side are thin skinned pussies.  

I mean, she is a show herself. 

Edited by Underdog

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Not really. Mulkey’s behavior is embarrassing. Any man acting like that would’ve been justifiably thrown out by now.

Because the men's refs are too emotional and would think you are showing them up

• Like 1

caitlyn clark takes more stupid shots than any elite shooter i've ever seen. just for no reason. she could totally get an open look whenever she wants to and she's just taking running threes off of one foot from 29 feet out, multiple times throughout this game. but i guess you can't really keep a player like that i n check when she's light years ahead of everyone else on her team. 

Just now, shadow_operative said:

caitlyn clark takes more stupid shots than any elite shooter i've ever seen. just for no reason. she could totally get an open look whenever she wants to and she's just taking running threes off of one foot from 29 feet out, multiple times throughout this game. but i guess you can't really keep a player like that i n check when she's light years ahead of everyone else on her team. 

She turns the ball over a lot, too. She'll be good in the WNBA but she's going to take some lumps against grown-ass women defenders. 

2 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Twitterverse has lost its ever loving mind over this Reese/Clark you can't see me bit. 

To be fair, Reese followed her down the court to taunt her. Classless, like her coach 

• Hook 'Em 3

20 minutes ago, Js1 said:

To be fair, Reese followed her down the court to taunt her. Classless, like her coach 

She took it a bit far but nothing to be too torn up about imo.  I mean, pizza review boy calling Reese a piece of shit is a little much. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I think that today was the first time I've ever watched a women's game from tip to buzzer, so maybe this is a stupid question, but are there always so few commercials? I felt like whole quarters went by with no commercial break. I'm not complaining, but it just seemed odd. Like I was watching a soccer match or something.