2023 Rangers/Astros thread of hate

ztejas

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

More like take your Astros taunt and shove it up your ass because not only did you winning the West not matter, we went right through you to win the World Series. 

What position do you play? catcher?

5 minutes ago, slorch said:

What position do you play? catcher?

image.gif.a99267356eb0e305afd759e81968acef.gif

the Tech T-Shirt fan argument. You know you have hit a nerve when a moron brings this up. 

to be fair. He would have hit better than your everyday catcher this season.

Edited by UnivTex34
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

image.gif.a99267356eb0e305afd759e81968acef.gif

the Tech T-Shirt fan argument. You know you have hit a nerve when a moron brings this up. 

to be fair. He would have hit better than your everyday catcher this season.

You're an idiot, and so are folks who say, "we did X, Y, and Z" when talking about a sports team.  You didn't do shit but watch like the rest of us.

Edited by slorch

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

That's when you know the well has run dry when the ol "stop saying we, you don't play for the team" rebuttal comes out.

WE are 2023 World Series Champions.

Not in dispute, but I'm sure you'll find a slight somewhere.

We're champs, but we really, really really want to be more champs in everyone's mind.

Lolz.

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Corey Seager plays shortstop for the Rangers as he's the one I'm talking through in the post since he's the one who made the dig at Bergman. 

Swing and a miss for slorch, as usual. 

Nice season.

Congratulations.

1 hour ago, elguapo said:

It’s nice to see that the Rangers are thinking about the Astros during their little parade through the Arlington parking lots 

It’s nice to see you’re polishing your own knob, or your neighbor’s, while Seager is polishing the WS MVP  and Commissioner’s trophies. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

It was very much not. It was a variation on the “nobody believed in us” tale that is told in almost every celebratory speech. No mention of other teams, no acknowledgement even if the magnificent end of season choke job by the minor leaguer masterbators in Arlington.

Lack of reading comprehension: yet another check in the aggy box for the boys up north.

“We want Houston!!!!  Ohhhh, you just poked the bear!!!”  Fuck off.   I’m glad Abreu is the one who poked the bear.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

“We want Houston!!!!  Ohhhh, you just poked the bear!!!”  Fuck off.   I’m glad Abreu is the one who poked the bear.   

This might lowkey but the funniest thing about whipping them this year. They really thought chanting "We want Houston!" was some sort of "Be careful what you wish for" harbinger and they really thought they were the bogey man like that! bwahahahahahaha poooooor houston.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BeardIP said:

This might lowkey but the funniest thing about whipping them this year. They really thought chanting "We want Houston!" was some sort of "Be careful what you wish for" harbinger and they really thought they were the bogey man like that! bwahahahahahaha poooooor houston.

It has been good luck for the Astros in the few times it happened. I believe it started with the Yankees last year, since we have quite a history of kicking their asses recently, they wanted payback. It did not go well for them, they got swept while also getting no-hit in the ALCS. Then the Philly fans were chanting it after they punched a ticket to the World Series, and we know how that went. Then the Twins did it this year, now the Rangers. 3 out of 4 ain't bad, and baseball superstition being what it is, I'm sure we will continue to hear about it. It's a meme at this point, but when you win a lot of playoff series you make a lot of enemies. Maybe if you guys can string together more than 2 playoff appearances in a row, you can experience it too.

2 hours ago, BeardIP said:

Adolis is baba yaga.

The boogeyman?

Not exactly. Adolis is who we sent to kill the boogeyman.

• Hook 'Em 3

18 hours ago, mdmost said:

More like take your Astros taunt and shove it up your ass because not only did you winning the West not matter, we went right through you to win the World Series. 

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU
It cute seeing Arlington fans act tough on the internet because their baseball team finally did something.

I almost feel bad for the Houston fans here....almost.  You live in the the 5th largest metro area in the U.S. but historically fan support has been so shitty that you had a team leave on you and have never been able to secure a franchise in the 4th "major" team sport in the U.S.  Your three sports franchises have 4 championships but walk into any bar across the country and strike up a conversation about that fact you are gonna get "yea, but..." on three of them.  The city is infested with loser aggy (you can knock the Sooner population in DFW all you want, and yea they suck hard, but you know what they are not.....losers on the field of play).  You take pride in this "Let's make the world hate the Astros again", like you are the Yankees not understanding the massive false equivalency that people hate the Astros because they are viewed as scumbag cheaters while people generally hate the Yankees because they have won 27 fucking World Series and jealousy in sports is a very real thing.  It's gotta be exhausting.  My advice is rest up, buy you some more lube and get ready for 2024 to be another year of misery.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Drool 1

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

I almost feel bad for the Houston fans here....almost.  You live in the the 5th largest metro area in the U.S. but historically fan support has been so shitty that you had a team leave on you and have never been able to secure a franchise in the 4th "major" team sport in the U.S.  Your three sports franchises have 4 championships but walk into any bar across the country and strike up a conversation about that fact you are gonna get "yea, but..." on three of them.  The city is infested with loser aggy (you can knock the Sooner population in DFW all you want, and yea they suck hard, but you know what they are not.....losers on the field of play).  You take pride in this "Let's make the world hate the Astros again", like you are the Yankees not understanding the massive false equivalency that people hate the Astros because they are viewed as scumbag cheaters while people generally hate the Yankees because they have won 27 fucking World Series and jealousy in sports is a very real thing.  It's gotta be exhausting.  My advice is rest up, buy you some more lube and get ready for 2024 to be another year of misery.  

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

5 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Deflect all you want with Jeremey Clarkson....when it gets quiet and all you have is your thoughts you know everything I just wrote is true.

Oh, I wouldn’t know because I didn’t read your silly little post. Sorry I know you put a lot of thought into it.

13 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

But why do you want to?

therapy-therapist.gif

feelings of inadequacy? Unrequited oedipus complex?  Requited oedipus complex?

No I don’t think sleeping with your mom is what’s making me want to post in this thread. Personally, I think you should spend more time worrying about not dangerously under cooking bacon than my posting motivations.

8 minutes ago, elguapo said:

No I don’t think sleeping with your mom is what’s making me want to post in this thread. Personally, I think you should spend more time worrying about not dangerously under cooking bacon than my posting motivations.

Bacon is a cured meat and as such is unlikely to have bacterial growth. So no, not dangerously undercooked.  Cooking adages from when refrigeration and processing wasn’t as good don’t need to be propagated. 

also that’s deflection. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

4 hours ago, BeardIP said:

Oh we poked the bear. But it wasn't the bear they had in mind.

MV5BNWIyMGU2NjYtNjU1Mi00YjQxLThkNDAtYTk1YzlkYWU1NTBlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTE1NjY5Mg@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

• Haha 3

I got an official warning for ‘shitposting’ because I accidentally posted parade pictures- while drunk at the parade- in the Astros offseason thread. 

If that doesn’t explain how big of a pussy Houston fans are, I don’t know what does. 

I guess I should get a tattoo or something to go with my new ‘bad boy’ image. 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Constant said:

I got an official warning for ‘shitposting’ because I accidentally posted parade pictures- while drunk at the parade- in the Astros offseason thread. 

If that doesn’t explain how big of a pussy Houston fans are, I don’t know what does. 

Working the parade huh

12 hours ago, Constant said:

or maybe pay your credit card bills with the newfound cash from the tricks you turned on the parade route.

Edit: for the little bit of shit talking that does occur, neither team's fans really troll the other's dedicated threads, but it's an understandable idiotically convenient mistake.

Edited by slorch