2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

2 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Dutch field hockey players are mmm mmm good. The Dutch are doing it right with their wimmemz. Literally they could be bagging your groceries and they would still be a 10. 

A Norwegian girl in her mid 20s to early 30s was wearing a rubber apron and was slopping fish in the pop-up fish market at the old port of Bergen when I was there a couple decades+ ago and I thought-

“If you can get that fish smell off of you and dropped just a few pounds by switching from beer to wine or vodka/sodas, you could be a model.”

And that wasn’t even an athlete. That was a girl who threw and caught dead dish.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Getafix said:

homer simpson GIF

In a thread about Will Howard.

image.thumb.png.a74b6740310aba3be07bcabb7f309c77.png

Steam Community :: :: Keyser Söze

Have you seen him in high school?  I know that he's playing college now but I want you to look at him in high school and tell me he's not better then prime John Elway.  We know high school is a higher level than Appalachian State and they beat us so the only explanation is Jimbo held him back.  Also injuries.  This Will Howard sucks.  He played in the BDF.  And lost to TU.  Good thing we have a real OC in Optimus Klein.  He comes from a real conference and never lost to TU.  With him and Moffitt we're gonna have the most physical team in the SEC. His offenses were the most physical in his conference, which was in the Midwest so probably the big10.  

I just wish TU wouldn't drop so many bags so more kids could appreciate and experience what it is to be a Texas Aggie!   Whoop!   Gonna squeeze my nuts extra to prepare for next year!   

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Getafix said:

homer simpson GIF

In a thread about Will Howard.

image.thumb.png.a74b6740310aba3be07bcabb7f309c77.png

Steam Community :: :: Keyser Söze

“You only seen 25% of what he can do.”

can someone enlighten me to all the things a qb can do? Because I thought it was just “run” and “pass” but you know, I’m a simple guy. Not sure how you can get to 25% from 2 things, unless he can half run. Maybe he can only throw with one arm? What a non-ambidextrous loser. 

Hilariously in the same post, the poster indicates something Weigman apparently cannot do: run a complicated offense and learn a complicated playbook. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Yes they are. My gf is a gorgeous Dutch woman. The Dutch women and the women from the Baltics (Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia) are tied for the most beautiful women per capita on the planet. I think Riga, Latvia has the most insanely amount of gorgeous women per capita but Vilnius, Talinn, Amsterdam etc... are right there. 

Is the catalog organized by city/country, hair color, or something else?   Asking for a friend. 

29 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Seems odd since its been mentioned for a few weeks about him and Texas.  Make an exception.  The number of quality DT's entering the portal are going to be limited.

12 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Caldwell is a need. All the other portal targets mentioned here are wants. 

Who are you asking to make an exception? The admissions department?

If his grades are that bad at UH, how's he going to hack it at a real college with some basic expectations of its football players?

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Who are you asking to make an exception? The admissions department?

If his grades are that bad at UH, how's he going to hack it at a real college with some basic expectations of its football players?

Is Caldwell a graduate transfer? I would assume not if his grades suck. LSU got Denver Harris in with a 0.0 GPA right? The SEC and NCAA approved it. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

7 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Yes they are. My gf is a gorgeous Dutch woman. The Dutch women and the women from the Baltics (Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia) are tied for the most beautiful women per capita on the planet. I think Riga, Latvia has the most insanely amount of gorgeous women per capita but Vilnius, Talinn, Amsterdam etc... are right there. 

Pictures aren't loading for me, maybe try again.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I was in all three Baltics this year and can confirm. Lithuania number one for me. Rigans have too much of that Russian blingy look for me if we're going to split hairs.

One note - the Dutch and Baltics are the tallest people on earth, so height helps.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Constant said:

The Cayden Green thing is an abomination. College football is ruined if starters can be poached before entering the portal. This whole thing is in a downward spiral. 

lol sucks to suck. Sorry Mizzou is a better place to be than OU right now.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Constant said:

The Cayden Green thing is an abomination. College football is ruined if starters can be poached before entering the portal. This whole thing is in a downward spiral. 

Are you just now waking up to the last two years? I mean you fucking lived through Lincoln Riley violently buttfucing your roster on the way out the door, man.  How do you think a starter GETS poached? 

You guys need to stop being so poor. Or maybe he doesnt like Bedenbaugh or eating his own vomit. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wednesday morning recruiting notes

Jordan Scruggs (Horns 247)

👀  👀  👀 

(Assuming this is about someone new - not Golden, etc., presumably)

"Texas will host one of the top-ranked players in the transfer portal on a visit tomorrow. We've been asked by sources not to post who it is .." 

Spoiler

Wednesday morning recruiting notes

Jordan Scruggs (Horns 247)

— After officially entering the transfer portal yesterday afternoon, several 247Sports Crystal Ball Predictions have already been placed in favor of the Texas Longhorns to land Houston wide receiver transfer Matthew Golden.

In speaking with sources throughout Tuesday night I was told that multiple members of the Longhorns staff are on the road in Houston and will be meeting with the No. 29 overall player in the transfer portal sometime today.

The Longhorns staff is telling Golden and his camp that he’s their No. 1 target at the wide receiver position in the transfer portal and Texas is making their presence felt as nearly two dozen players currently on the Longhorns roster have been reaching out to Golden over the last few days doing their fair share of peer recruiting.

While I do view Texas as the eventual landing spot and think things are trending that way, I’m going to hold off on putting in a crystal ball prediction for now.

Over the last week or two, I’ve reported that the schools to watch for Golden if he were to enter the transfer portal include Georgia, Louisville, LSU, Miami, and Texas. As of last night, Louisville was already making a very serious push and I was told by a source that Golden will be taking a visit to Louisville this weekend. There are other schools also pushing pretty hard as well, but as things currently stand Louisville is the main competition to Texas in my eyes. 

Louisville has shown in the past they can be very aggressive in the NIL game and like many other high-profile players in the transfer portal, NIL will certainly play a part in Golden’s portal recruitment.

That said, I still view Texas as the most likely landing spot for Golden but the Louisville visit is certainly something I’m paying attention to. On the same note, Texas is expected to make a push when meeting with Golden today and while I haven't been told if this is exactly the plan or not, I think it's certainly a possibility that the Texas staff could get Golden to change his visit plans from Louisville to Texas for this upcoming weekend. 

— At times throughout the last six months I’ve felt like I’d never be writing this, but we’re officially at decision day for Waco Connally 2024 four-star defensive back Kobe Black. Black’s commitment ceremony will be livestreamed on YouTube by Dave Campbell’s Texas Football with the ceremony set to begin at 4:20 P.M. CT.

I’ll be on-site for Horns247 bringing you live coverage from the commitment ceremony inside Connally High.

With four 247Sports Crystal Ball predictions currently in favor of Texas, the Longhorns are the leader and have been considered the leader going back to the spring. Much like the rest of the world will, I’ll find it extremely shocking if Black happens to choose any program that isn’t Texas come 4:20 P.M. today.

— Texas will host one of the top-ranked players in the transfer portal on a visit tomorrow. We've been asked by sources not to post who it is, but I’d expect it to leak out prior to the visit because that’s kind of just the nature of the beast in the portal nowadays. If it does leak, I will confirm it with y’all who it is. I don’t mean to tease anyone by doing this but I think many of you can understand that we’d like to keep our sources as happy as possible while also bringing y’all as much info as we’re allowed to.

Edited by Getafix
  • Hook 'Em 7

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Are you just now waking up to the last two years? I mean you fucking lived through Lincoln Riley violently buttfucing your roster on the way out the door, man.  How do you think a starter GETS poached? 

You guys need to stop being so poor. Or maybe he doesnt like Bedenbaugh or eating his own vomit. 

I support not negotiating with these terrorists. Cayden Green isn’t going to be the difference between a good and bad year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Constant said:

Yeah, I get it’s fun to enjoy a rival’s negative news, but this is bad for the sport in general. 

I don't think so. There is more parity now than there has been in years because a handful of teams can't stockpile talent with those kids having no other option but to grad transfer or sit out a year. It is a QB driven game and the top 10 definitely showed that. You have a good QB, you have a chance to be a decent team. OU just seems to be on the losing end so far. No more under the table bags of money is gonna hurt some teams. The stakes just got higher and legal.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Constant said:

Missouri offered a lot of money for his services. 

Why is that wrong?  You mentioned they did it before he entered the portal.  That's a difference without a distinction.  In every facet of life you find out the terms of another situation before declaring your intentions to change.  The problem is there is no enforceable contract.  To get the restrictions you want, we would be headed to employee-players and then collective bargaining.   Maybe we are anyway.  

Edited by ClubWhatever

3 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

You somehow think Deon Burkes wasn't aware he could go to OU before he entered the portal? Or is it only ruined when its schools like Purdue losing starters? Any talented productive starter at a D1 program that enters the portal knowing where they could sign the day they enter.

Ostrich Avestruz GIF by Amnistía Internacional España

This is all correct. When my daughter was a D1 athlete and the portal became a thing, coaches would reach out to her former travel ball and high school coaches to see if she was interested in transferring. Yes it was tampering and yes it would be almost impossible to prove. Schools don't make direct contact, they do so through associates of the player, like a former coach or teammate. It happens every day, and in every sport, especially for really talented players at key positions.

1 minute ago, Constant said:

No, the whole thing stinks. Even when its a positive for the team I enjoy. 

I don't entirely disagree.  I think the December and spring transfer portal is too much.  I also think it should be ironclad one time transfer no appeals or grad transfers or any of that garbage.  One transfer portal for 2 weeks in the spring.

But I was born old and grumpy...

argue grumpy old men GIF by Laff

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.