Supreme Court Justice Kennedy to Retire at the end of July

Hugo Stiglitz

59 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

This asshole (Trump) is the most divisive President in history. He picked a guy with a resume that will get him confirmed.  That doesn't have jack shit to do with "healing divisions".

Mussolini made the trains run on time.  Trump picked Ivy League judges.  Great.

Did you listen to Kavanaugh’s speech? The left is trying to paint this guy as an extremist, misogynist, God knows what else. The American public once they listen to his speech and get to know him will see through the left’s lies and that this man is exceptional at what he does and is a decent, family man with a love for the rule of law and the Constitution.  The problem is that the intolerant left has nothing in the tank other than baseless demonization. If they bothered to learn about the man, they’d realize that he is a guy who is exceptionally qualified and deserving.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Lake of education makes some forget Art. 2, Section 2 of the Constitution which provides for the Consent of the Senate, which therefore explains why protests and other techniques designed to sway Senators make perfect sense.

Yes, which is why one would expect the protests to be held at the Capitol Building so that they can get the attention of Congress.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Good luck.  Let’s also get guys like Robert O’Rourke and the red state senators up for election to go on record about this pick.  

For Texans, a vote for Robert O’Rourke means you’re giving a senate vote to Schumer.  

Huh. I could’ve sworn Senator Chuck Schumer has had a senate vote since he was first elected to that seat.

4 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Did you listen to Kavanaugh’s speech? The left is trying to paint this guy as an extremist, misogynist, God knows what else. The American public once they listen to his speech and get to know him will see through the left’s lies and that this man is exceptional at what he does and is a decent, family man with a love for the rule of law and the Constitution.  The problem is that the intolerant left has nothing in the tank other than baseless demonization. If they bothered to learn about the man, they’d realize that he is a guy who is exceptionally qualified and deserving.

The right outright stole a Supreme Court seat from a decent, qualified judge with a love for the rule of law and the Constitution because they made a vow in 2010 to obstruct every single thing Obama tried to do.  You don't get to bitch about Democrats being salty and obstructing now.  You lost that right years ago. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

If they bothered to learn about the man, they’d realize that he is a guy who is exceptionally qualified and deserving.

Having a great resume and being deserving are different things.  Hillary had a great resume and I'm sure you think she didn't deserve to be president.

But all of this ought to be a moot point anyway.  The president is under criminal investigation right now, his allies are pleading guilty and rolling over as we speak, and he gets to name the swing vote in the Supreme Court that may someday hear his case?  That isn't the most obvious conflict of interest in history?  And all of this after the Right stalled for almost a year on a perfectly valid nominee because they just didn't think Obama should get a nominee in his final year?  This is the crookedest shit in the history of American jurisprudence.  Historians will scratch their heads at this for centuries.

It's just another chapter in the farce that we've become.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Having a great resume and being deserving are different things.  Hillary had a great resume and I'm sure you think she didn't deserve to be president.

But all of this ought to be a moot point anyway.  The president is under criminal investigation right now, his allies are pleading guilty and rolling over as we speak, and he gets to name the swing vote in the Supreme Court that may someday hear his case?  That isn't the most obvious conflict of interest in history?  And all of this after the Right stalled for almost a year on a perfectly valid nominee because they just didn't think Obama should get a nominee in his final year?  This is the crookedest shit in the history of American jurisprudence.  Historians will scratch their heads at this for centuries.

It's just another chapter in the farce that we've become.

She did?  Other than getting jobs she did t deserve due to who she married, what was so great about her resume?  How did she perform in those jobs she didn’t deserve?

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Link?

Some conservatives don't like him: There is some grousing in some conservative circles over Kavanaugh. These conservatives, including Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, believe he is not sufficiently conservative. They disagree with portions of opinions he has written relating to abortion and the Affordable Care Act, for example.

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/09/626164904/who-is-brett-kavanaugh-president-trumps-pick-for-the-supreme-court

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Def Leppard should be calling the DNC to see how much they would be willing to pay to get the rights for Hysteria to be used as their official 2018 midterm elections song.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Def Leppard should be calling the DNC to see how much they would be willing to pay to get the rights for Hysteria to be used as their official 2018 midterm elections song.

That or

Edited by EuroHorn

13 hours ago, Patron said:

Some conservatives don't like him: There is some grousing in some conservative circles over Kavanaugh. These conservatives, including Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, believe he is not sufficiently conservative. They disagree with portions of opinions he has written relating to abortion and the Affordable Care Act, for example.

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/09/626164904/who-is-brett-kavanaugh-president-trumps-pick-for-the-supreme-court

Fucktard Ted Cruz hates him?  And the ass clowns on the far left hate him?  And how aren’t the 80% of us that fit between those groups happy?

Edited by ChiTownDoc
Engrish
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

You cant wait till he dies? Don't sound too excited you sick fuck. Seek help. 

Liberals, such tolerant and compassionate people. 

I think it's going to be good when he dies, not because he'll be dead (which I don't care about either way), but because it gives the then-president an opportunity to find a better SC justice to secure the rights and freedoms of Americans.

Clutch the pearls harder.

6 hours ago, Patron said:

Cruz was not for Kavanaugh claiming he would be another Souter.

He’s for him now. Because that’s our Senator, the least principled, most spineless cuck imaginable. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TexArcher said:

hold up...it is your belief that hilary had a great resume? her lack of resume is a good reason she is not potus.

8 hours ago, tantric superman said:

Lake of education makes some forget Art. 2, Section 2 of the Constitution which provides for the Consent of the Senate, which therefore explains why protests and other techniques designed to sway Senators make perfect sense.

*Lack  (nice illustrations your point).

I find it comical that republicans/conservatives are trying to paint liberals as being intolerant as if it’s some sort of demeaning claim when they themselves are intolerant. 

How can you call others intolerant when you and your party are intolerant themselves?

15 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

I find it comical that republicans/conservatives are trying to paint liberals as being intolerant as if it’s some sort of demeaning claim when they themselves are intolerant. 

How can you call others intolerant when you and your party are intolerant themselves?

Ask BT.  He has the "both sides!!!"  flow chart mapped out.  He will be pleased to bloviate about it. 

15 minutes ago, Parliament said:

That's a bit unseemly, imho.

Actually pretty par for the course in 2018, really. 

All of our government institutions are so politicized that this country is on the verge of something terrifying. We’re going to have 2-4 year wild swings in majority parties, a court that’s heavily political and an executive branch that keeps gaining powers under the guise of “national security” while congress turns into part-time legislators and full-time campaigners. 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 2

Although now I think about it, it may explain his vote in the Muslim ban case.  You read his concurrence and you’d swear it was going to be a dissent.  But if he felt beholden to Trump so Trump would fulfill his promise of Kavanaugh, he might have voted with the majority just for that.  A little tit for tat.  

8 hours ago, Tom said:

The right outright stole a Supreme Court seat from a decent, qualified judge with a love for the rule of law and the Constitution because they made a vow in 2010 to obstruct every single thing Obama tried to do.  You don't get to bitch about Democrats being salty and obstructing now.  You lost that right years ago. 

200w.gif

Although now I think about it, it may explain his vote in the Muslim ban case.  You read his concurrence and you’d swear it was going to be a dissent.  But if he felt beholden to Trump so Trump would fulfill his promise of Kavanaugh, he might have voted with the majority just for that.  A little tit for tat.  
Seems obvious now that Kennedy's recent decisions have been in line with Trump.

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Is it just me or does protesting at the Supreme Court seem to reflect a rather fundamental misunderstanding of its role in our government?

Yes! And I blame the CNN/FOX talking heads for this. We've reduced honest debate SCOTUS appointment =  "Der took er jerbs" / "Der took er abortions". 

Frankly, the quotes from Sanders, Warren, Murphy et. al. sum up what is wrong with our process. They are "NO" votes before the process has begun. What happened to honest discourse and debate? YOU fuckers are supposed to be the checks and balances to the system but you stomp your feet and play "gotya" whenever you have any power.

• Like 1

I mean, not to #bothsides, but all the automatic "yes" quotes from roughly 80% of the GOP Senate caucus is also what is wrong with the process.  Most of them have not even sat down to speak to Kavanaugh either, but their party's guy nominated him, so it's a "yes" before anything happens.

But not like a GOP senator will buck their party on a SCOTUS vote. They historically never do.

Edited by Js1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I mean, not to #bothsides, but all the automatic "yes" quotes from roughly 80% of the GOP Senate caucus is also what is wrong with the process.  Most of them have not even sat down to speak to Kavanaugh either, but their party's guy nominated him, so it's a "yes" before anything happens.

But not like a GOP senator will buck their party on a SCOTUS vote. They historically never do.

That's also true. It pisses me off to see #bothsides of the aisle flinging poo and acting like victims. IT'S YOUR JOB TO CONFIRM OR DENY. NUT UP BITCHES.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tom said:

McConnell gambled that Trump was going to win when the consensus opinion was that he’d lose. If Hillary was elected,  she would have had her nominee confirmed with lots of bitching from the right. Turn around is fair play if the Dems are in the position like that in the future. I have no problem going scorched earth, no mercy when it comes to Supreme Court justices. It’s that important. The prospect of someone of Scalia’s stature being replaced by a hack like Darth Bader or Sotamayor was scary as fuck. I have no problem saying that Garland got fucked but that’s the stakes when it comes to something this important 

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 2