Blame Canada!

2 hours ago, YChang said:

Reminds me of the bay area a few years back when they had all the wild fires raging. Felt like I was walking around on another planet in a sci-fi movie. 

SF was under sever AQ warning for 40 days in a row during 2020

Edited by Smax
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, YChang said:

Reminds me of the bay area a few years back when they had all the wild fires raging. Felt like I was walking around on another planet in a sci-fi movie. 

Yea that shit was wild. I was there for 2 weeks in Napa and Vallejo for work and it was very oh shit this looks insane. Crossing the bridge to visit SF and you couldn’t see shit 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/6/2023 at 9:06 PM, mchookem said:

ha! this was Denver about two weeks ago from fires in Alberta, including the 'top three worst cities in the world' air quality for a few days!

die-hard-john-mc-clane.gif.668b40c39eb18ea4d0b830fb50603966.gif

ETA story https://www.cbsnews.com/colorado/news/denver-worst-air-quality-wildfire-smoke-canada/

Thank you. Shit will be fine in two days. Doesn't require a thread to grieve

Boston metro for some reason is missing out on this. Our AQ is in the moderate region, but when look at a map, we aren’t that bad compared to the southwest of here. Even the rest of the state is in pretty bad shape. 

IMG_2753.thumb.jpeg.e9677930f76fdb7348f5f04069cf0e49.jpeg

Still those colors aren’t great, deep red and purple are in really unhealthy ranges. Take care of yourself out there. 

On 6/7/2023 at 7:49 PM, Zepol87 said:

Yea that shit was wild. I was there for 2 weeks in Napa and Vallejo for work and it was very oh shit this looks insane. Crossing the bridge to visit SF and you couldn’t see shit 

You couldn’t see the sidewalks around your feet?

• 4 weeks later...

Bringing this back as Boston woke up to a nasty Smokey day. 

Im on a flight out of Logan right now and this is the “view” of the city from across the channel. 

IMG_2898.thumb.jpeg.41f71d0fa69836d456de0be4a294ee85.jpeg

AQI is in the 150 range, bad if you have asthma or similar. 

Edited by Captain Ron

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

We’re a lot more to blame for global warming, and global warming denialism, than Canada is. Blame us. 

thanks Mr CR - can you tell me if we are more to blame on a per capita basis?
Why do we seem to get our fires under control more quickly, why can't Canada put out these fires? Don't we have leftover PFS flame retardant somewhere to push onto 3rd world countries? 
It bothers me because I thought this was mainly a California problem; I don't like it when it affects me, which it has for most of this week. 

{sarcasm - if not realized}

2 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Why do we seem to get our fires under control more quickly, why can't Canada put out these fires? Don't we have leftover PFS flame retardant somewhere to push onto 3rd world countries? 
It bothers me because I thought this was mainly a California problem; I don't like it when it affects me, which it has for most of this week. 

There are 537 individual fires coast to coast in the 2nd biggest country on earth that have burned 9 million hectares and they’re all in areas without roads or people. But yes let’s pretend America could do better. The Canadian fires are child’s play compared to what Canada is facing  

I can’t see across the one mile river I live on due to smoke and being outside more than 30 minutes leads to eye irritation and coughing  it’s fucking brutal and won’t get better until winter since it never really rains anymore. We have a cabin in Canada and can’t visit because it is likely to burn to the ground  

Edited by The Ace of Aces
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

13 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Not sure if serious

• Haha 1