11th edition of Thinking Texas Football is out

Wulaw Horn

I'm loving this year's edition so far. Realignment gave him some great material to work with, and damn, I forget sometimes just how great Scipio is/was. Knocked it out of the fucking park. Must read for all Horns.

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, crony said:

I'm loving this year's edition so far. Realignment gave him some great material to work with, and damn, I forget sometimes just how great Scipio is/was. Knocked it out of the fucking park. Must read for all Horns.

Yeah. I was lucky enough to get to read it before it published. I thought the intro with the think piece on SEC was awesome and a must read and should be pulled out in 10 years when people will try to turn this into something different than it was at the time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

Can you order on Smashwords and get it to Kindle?  In past, I ordered it on Amazon and could download to Kindle.

Yes, your kindle should have an email address associated with it. Just download the mobi or epub and email it to that address 

Thanks for the heads up @Wulaw Horn  I'll add this year's to my collection. 

Edited by Viper
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, mdleast said:

I like to read the roster breakdowns and general Longhorn information during the summer and then read the opponent specific chapters the week of each game.

That’s how I do it too. If you gamble there is an argument to be made that you should read the opponent specific stuff to see if you can get a jump on early season big 12 gambling. 

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That’s how I do it too. If you gamble there is an argument to be made that you should read the opponent specific stuff to see if you can get a jump on early season big 12 gambling. 

Hopefully @Scipio can make some more money on Kansas this season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/12/2023 at 3:36 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

Written by my friend and partner @Scipio it's the best preview on the market. I was lucky enough to get to read it early and it's got some great high level think piece stuff on Texas, the SEC move, the big 12 relationship gone wrong and what to expect, in addition to all the stuff to prepare you for in season and conference opponents.  

Buy a hardcopy here at amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C9SPDYB5/ref=sr_1_11?crid=3H5VB57967XAR&keywords=paul+wadlington&qid=1689179168&sprefix=paul+wadlington%2Caps%2C153&sr=8-11

Buy the e-version here at smashwords

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1422936

Bought it. Thanks for the heads up! And hit me up when it’s refi time too!

• Like 1

I’m 13 pages in and already laughing:

1) if your husband decides to take a trip to Thailand to “think through some stuff”

2) If resentment is drinking poison  .. then the rest of the B12 is in a perpetual hemlock happy hour.

Well done.

Streaking meteor in the back mirror from the Uhaul. JFC.

I’ve purchased all of these just to keep on top of where we stand with position groups and  future schedule team. But the turn of phrase is worth the price of admission.

Edited by Mach 1
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

On 7/13/2023 at 3:18 PM, crony said:

I got it earlier today in the mail. Read as much as I could before family duties and I have to order another one because I kept spitting my drink out. Solid work and if you are on the fence, jump over asshole. Must read imo.

On 7/19/2023 at 11:28 AM, Reynolds Woodcock said:

I can assure you that you do not want to go back and read the optimist’s view of Charlie Strong. 

Yeah, his “we finally got a real football coach” take did not age well. I was wondering the other day if we would have been better off keeping Mack for 3-4 more years to avoid the shit show that was Charlie Strong’s era. We probably still end up with Herman, but the roster would have been in much better shape for Mensa. But I’m pretty glad mensa and his battering ram qb big 10 bs system is gone, as I’m a full Sark apologist at this point and think he’s the long term answer we need.

What did I just conclude? I don’t know. But buy the book. It’s the best out there. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Yeah, his “we finally got a real football coach” take did not age well. I was wondering the other day if we would have been better off keeping Mack for 3-4 more years to avoid the shit show that was Charlie Strong’s era. We probably still end up with Herman, but the roster would have been in much better shape for Mensa. But I’m pretty glad mensa and his battering ram qb big 10 bs system is gone, as I’m a full Sark apologist at this point and think he’s the long term answer we need.
What did I just conclude? I don’t know. But buy the book. It’s the best out there. 

Strong was dogshit, but as far as the roster…did you not pay attention to what Mack’s last few texturing “efforts” actually brought us? I do agree with you though. we might have ended up better off though potentially, but only because we could have avoided the Strong era and possibly ended up with someone other than Herman.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Strong was dogshit, but as far as the roster…did you not pay attention to what Mack’s last few texturing “efforts” actually brought us? I do agree with you though. we might have ended up better off though potentially, but only because we could have avoided the Strong era and possibly ended up with someone other than Herman.

Fucking autocorrect. “Recruiting efforts” was what I was trying to say.

8 hours ago, NoRagrets said:

Didn’t age well? Was a ridiculous comment at the time.  PW is a talented writer, but this comment alone killed his preview for me forever. 

On 7/12/2023 at 3:36 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

Written by my friend and partner @Scipio it's the best preview on the market. I was lucky enough to get to read it early and it's got some great high level think piece stuff on Texas, the SEC move, the big 12 relationship gone wrong and what to expect, in addition to all the stuff to prepare you for in season and conference opponents.  

Buy a hardcopy here at amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C9SPDYB5/ref=sr_1_11?crid=3H5VB57967XAR&keywords=paul+wadlington&qid=1689179168&sprefix=paul+wadlington%2Caps%2C153&sr=8-11

Buy the e-version here at smashwords

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1422936

11th edition. 

We've sucked for most of the the past 11 years.

Are we sure this book isn't actually a curse?

• Haha 2

The strong thing wasn’t a full throated endorsement. He basically wrote a choose your own adventure with how it could go right and now it could go wrong without declaring which was his opinion. 

6 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

just ordered, 1st time buyer.  wulaw, make sure he knows that you are to thank for my purchase.

Hope you like it dude. Post here one way or the other. 

7 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

That's irrelevant.  I am here to be entertained.

I can be entertained for free. If I'm spending money for info about something I'm going to be watching in real life I need some history of accuracy. 

3 hours ago, hornian said:

11th edition. 

We've sucked for most of the the past 11 years.

Are we sure this book isn't actually a curse?

Longhorn network launched in 2011. Been a laughing ever since

16 hours ago, NoRagrets said:

You should have seen my thought process when Herman's drinking buddy staff was announced:

"Finally, some unknown, up and coming, honest-to-God FOOTBALL COACHES that are going to GRIND! No more divas like Wickline."

The human brain is capable of amazing things when it wants to believe.