Active duty army soldier in North Korea custody

Schulz2.0

They’ll probably make him an officer in the North Korean army and celebrate his defection because he was tired of being forced to eat pigeons every Tuesday 

Supreme leader is able to convert American imperialist to join the people’s republic of Koreas army. The people of Korea now think they’ll be able to steal American imperialist soldiers.

*cue crazy North Korean song*

On 7/20/2023 at 7:19 AM, cabowabo said:

So what prisoner swap is Biden gonna do to get this pillar of society back on US soil?

I can think of more than a few surly posters and all of Texags I would be willing to trade.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

"we should fight for him"  

either the news station forced that statement out of the family, or they are living in fucking fantasy land.

the only American we should be fighting for is Paul Whelan.

Your dipshit family member knowingly defected into NK.   

It wasnt a case of a soldier accidentally crossing into a DMZ or being in a boat that crosses a border. He fucking made outrageous plans to get into NK to escape being in trouble for getting in a fucking fight. 

• Hook 'Em 7

This struck a chord with me. Seems obvious it is a mental health issue. Laughing while crossing into N Korea screams behavioral or possibly cognitive limitations. This guy most likely did no research on where he was going and will probably end up Warmbier'd for it. The punishment for he and his family will not fit the crime. Sadly this is the world we live in. Accept and move on to the next atrocity.   

In this day and age How is there not a video of him dashing over the line?

Part of me wants to laugh at FAFO. The other part wants to see what the norks look like/ do in that situation. Is it an instant gang tackle, he’s corralled, hog tied and thrown into the back of a waiting vehicle that speeds off all in a matter of 25 seconds

• 1 month later...

In recent years, a number of American citizens who illegally entered North Korea - excluding those convicted of criminal activity there - have been freed within six months.

Some have been returned home by air via Beijing. They include missionary Robert Park, who was freed in 2010 after being held for more than a month, and the US Korean War veteran Merrill Newman.

Never knew that. I thought the only American ever detained there was Warmbier

1 hour ago, cabowabo said:

I'm sure the Biden administration will give him a heroes welcome when he arrives back to his beloved country.

Huh? That doesn’t even make sense. You’re trying too hard. Put away your refrigerator magnet political slogan kit.

I predict that Biden, being an old Cold Warrior and a normal person, not a deranged demagogue and narcissist who thinks he’s king, will let the military handle his punishment as they see fit. I don’t know what the appropriate penalties are for someone who does what he did. I’m sure the first steps are to see what condition he’s in and to find out how he was treated, whether he was tortured, etc. We have to assume the Norks investigated every possibility to use him as a propaganda tool. Of course we don’t know what the Biden administration might have been doing behind the scenes to secure his release. I’m not sure there’s much that could be done. Joe Biden’s not one for either petulant name calling on Twitter or the exchange of love letters with murderous Commie dictators.

It its fair for you to go CR then it’s fair for me too. We can speculate that Trump might have been starting to like the guy until he learned his bestie had no use for him. I guess he’s not getting a “Blacks for Kim” t-shirt and a seat behind the lectern at the next rally in Pyongyang. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

For whatever reason, we have some people who think it's a smart idea to enter North Korea illegally.

I say this with all due respect, but Americans are fucking dumb. That's not to say we don't have some highly intelligent people in this country but as whole, we are morons and its getting worse as time goes by

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Huh? That doesn’t even make sense. You’re trying too hard. Put away your refrigerator magnet political slogan kit.

I predict that Biden, being an old Cold Warrior and a normal person, not a deranged demagogue and narcissist who thinks he’s king, will let the military handle his punishment as they see fit. I don’t know what the appropriate penalties are for someone who does what he did. I’m sure the first steps are to see what condition he’s in and to find out how he was treated, whether he was tortured, etc. We have to assume the Norks investigated every possibility to use him as a propaganda tool. Of course we don’t know what the Biden administration might have been doing behind the scenes to secure his release. I’m not sure there’s much that could be done. Joe Biden’s not one for either petulant name calling on Twitter or the exchange of love letters with murderous Commie dictators.

It its fair for you to go CR then it’s fair for me too. We can speculate that Trump might have been starting to like the guy until he learned his bestie had no use for him. I guess he’s not getting a “Blacks for Kim” t-shirt and a seat behind the lectern at the next rally in Pyongyang. 

Lulz.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Smax said:

That's not to say we don't have some highly intelligent people in this country but as whole, we are morons and its getting worse as time goes by

The melting pot is the best.  It's also the worst.  

I think it will even out after some centuries.  I don't think we can do it in decades.