2023 Fuck Fantasy Football

closetohumping

50 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

And that CeeDee catch sends me home in week 6. Shitty season from day 1. 

Hah. Me and you were both on the CeeDee line. I was playing my boss in my work league and he needed 22 and got 18.7 from CeeDee. 

And yes I talked major shit in our group text.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2023 at 9:43 AM, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

CMC owner here too.  Been holding Eli Mitchell all year for this inevitable opportunity.  Although, not sure he's the guy now or if Mason will he the lead dog. 

With SF, you'll definitely know who is the lead dog when the game starts. But not before then.

On 10/16/2023 at 4:43 AM, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

CMC owner here too.  Been holding Eli Mitchell all year for this inevitable opportunity.  Although, not sure he's the guy now or if Mason will he the lead dog. 

Looks like it'll be a short-term/non-existent opportunity for either guy for now.  CMC apparently avoided anything serious and could play next week.  Realistically though, 49ers should start giving Mason/Mitchell more touches anyway instead of running CMC into the ground.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38682564/christian-mccaffrey-avoids-serious-injury-play-mnf

Edited by Captain Obvious

15 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Undefeated so far this year. Was up afainst cmc this week. Feeling good, this game is so much easier when you have two good running backs

IMG_4210.thumb.jpeg.9fb8d8c29859080005fa0270c74a207c.jpeg

Pacheco on the bench too. Still hoping Addison steps a bit more into JJ’s shoes

I swung and missed on my RB2, was hopeful for Najee and J Williams and they've been total shit.  Had to trade Waddle for Pacheco so it's a slight improvement. 

I picked up Downs 5 weeks ago and he has been solid. Decided to bench because I thought Cleveland defense was legit. Go figure. 

48 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

FantasyPros was like 97% for Doubs over D'Onta, fortunately I didn't listen. 

Did sit him in another league for Lockett though. 

Lucky bastard. 

Good start on Foreman. Did you pick him up on waivers this week or had him stashed already?

2 weeks ago. My rb has been a graveyard. I had Jamaal Williams who hasn’t scored a td all year despite 18 last year, and najee who’s been a huge bust. Thought having those 2 +Lamar would be 3 rbs and the receivers could do their thing. Since Jamaal went down it’s been plug and pray hoping someone can get like 8 points .
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Enemy07 said:

Good start on Foreman. Did you pick him up on waivers this week or had him stashed already?

I picked him up yesterday morning.  Did not expect it and he did enough to offset Bijan and keep me on top of the league. 

With Kyren Williams on IR, I was struggling on whether to start one of the LAR backups.  Decided against it and switched out Evans for Foreman. Evans didn't even do anything in their game yesterday. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Just dropped Watson for Darnold in a 2 qb league (have Fields out injured. I think Watson will be awful ROS when he comes back. 

You have those two shitbags too? I couldn't bring myself to drop Watson or Fields even though I hate them both. Dropped Ford, hoping this league ignores him because of the injury, but I'm not sure I care.

I have a core of good players and a slew of mediocre jagoffs who could bust out, but probably won't. What are you supposed to do with guys like Higgins, Hopkins, Ridley, Mattinson, Javonte Williams? Can't really drop them, but I don't trust starting them either. 

18 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

You have those two shitbags too? I couldn't bring myself to drop Watson or Fields even though I hate them both. Dropped Ford, hoping this league ignores him because of the injury, but I'm not sure I care.

I have a core of good players and a slew of mediocre jagoffs who could bust out, but probably won't. What are you supposed to do with guys like Higgins, Hopkins, Ridley, Mattinson, Javonte Williams? Can't really drop them, but I don't trust starting them either. 

Would have dropped Javonte Williams before Ford, he’s been good for fantasy and has a solid ceiling. 

I’d try and trade Higgins and Hopkins. Maybe Ridley too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Trade proposal, non-ppr:

• Give up A.J. Brown and Jahmyr Gibbs
  • Get Ja'Marr Chase and Isiah Pacheco

Initial reaction was I'd rather keep Brown and Gibbs, but now I'm not so sure.  Chase and Brown are largely a wash now that Burrow is healthy IMO, and I have to assume Montgomery and Gibbs split time after this week (bye week).  Montgomery was too effective prior to the rib injury to just hand the backfield over to Gibbs.  I have Burrow as well, so I'd be stacking him with Chase going forward.  Thoughts?

Edited by Captain Obvious
  • Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I mean AJ Brown just set or tied the record for most games in a row over 125 yards receiving, but go ahead and trade him lol

...yeah maybe I should stop overthinking things and just roll with the guy setting records.  My track record of proposed trades isn't great this year.  I offered up CMC and AJ Brown after week 4 for Bijan and Tyreek Hill (could stack Hill with Tua at qb) because I was convinced Shanahan was overusing CMC (true) and that he'd fall apart before the season ended (still time for this to happen, but in the meantime...hello more records).  Bullet dodged.

I think I've mentioned a couple of times in this thread that one of my leagues is pretty trolly.  Like someone offered me Addison/Love for Jefferson trolly.  Had a couple of others like that, in fact last week it was Jeudy straight up for Olave.  My opponent this week needs a running back and sure enough he just offered me Warren/Flowers for Walker.  That's right, I'm dumb enough to give him a premium running back the week I'm playing him.