2023 Other Games Thread

shadow_operative2.0

6 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

Yeah, but not sure how hurt. I am reading he has some sort of back issue. Sounds to me like he could play, but they would like to have him healthier for Illinois.

The announcers on the ESPN+ broadcast said they expect him back next week.

Edited by HtownHorn

1 hour ago, Hank_Hill said:

Thank you Hawai’i home games for giving me football at a normal hour here. Tree only favored by 3? They must truly be terrible 

Games running all day here on Friday is awesome, but spectrum being the only option here on east end Moloka’i sucks ass.

I know it’s just Miami of Ohio who is supposed to be a top team in the MAC this season but I love the way the Hurricanes defense looks. . 

Fucking fast and physical, 

hope they skull drug A&M next week 

Edited by D3zii
  • Hook 'Em 1

Love ya Derka, but I hate this all games rolled into one thread.  Sometimes/most times with short quick responses you don't know what the fuck game they're talking about. Example: "damn that was a great catch"! What, who where?

Now rant over, MIAMIS' game, end of 3rd qtr, #7 Miami Fla made an incredible 1 handed catch.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, WBT said:

206 yards on 13.7 ypa.  King outplaying the new savior would be a fun loop de loop on the roller coaster this year

That goofy fuck has the perfect jug-eared, room temperature IQ look that is so prized in college station. I'm gonna laugh if he rips it up at GT, and aggy shits the bed again. 

Longview's Haynes King named starting quarterback at Texas A&M | Etvarsity  | news-journal.com

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I can't believe Spectrum is in a fucking ESPN blackout right now. Ridiculous. 

I honestly wouldn't blame Spectrum, it's Espn/Disney that are out of their mind.  I've read rumblings that those folks are thinking about doing espn as a stand alone streaming offer for $30 a month.  They are trying to squeeze other providers massively, Spectrum is apparently the first on the block.  

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Here you go, only close game currently. 

https://www.thestreameast.to/cfb/louisville-georgia-tech/

I have a TV with Spectrum courtesy of my landlord. I have a different cable login that works for ESPN but that requires me plugging my laptop into the HDMI and switching the input and running it through that. If I then want to flip to say the Rangers game or a game on network or whatever then I have to switch the input back. 

i.e. I have workarounds - it's just a pain in the ass. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Yeah.  They've been the better team once they started running the ball, but Louisville hanging on.

I will never understand it being third and five having all your defensive backs concede 7 yard patterns with your pre-snap alignment, but that just happened around midfield.  In this case, it wasn't one or two db's, nope, it was all five guys in dime with a safety 20 yards off the ball.     

17 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I have a TV with Spectrum courtesy of my landlord. I have a different cable login that works for ESPN but that requires me plugging my laptop into the HDMI and switching the input and running it through that. If I then want to flip to say the Rangers game or a game on network or whatever then I have to switch the input back. 

i.e. I have workarounds - it's just a pain in the ass. 

One day someone will figure it out and make a fortune, consolidate all those subscriptions into one monthly bill with one remote that controls everything….

21 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I honestly wouldn't blame Spectrum, it's Espn/Disney that are out of their mind.  I've read rumblings that those folks are thinking about doing espn as a stand alone streaming offer for $30 a month.  They are trying to squeeze other providers massively, Spectrum is apparently the first on the block.  

it’s hard to have any compassion, I pay whatever they charge, don’t really care about that part of it.   But when they start measuring dicks and blaming the other guy when you’re the one I pay for the convenience… just fuck the fuck off 

• Hook 'Em 2