2023 Other Games Thread

shadow_operative2.0

7 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in the year you finished at the top of the Big 12. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you

Oh hell, this won’t break me any more than I’ve already been broken by this stupid, beautiful game

6 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

ISU missed FG. That might be it

I figure it’s 4 more years until we have a watchable team.

This year is done.

Next year is the 5 Star Culture Farewell Tour.  2-3 wins tops.

2025 is the next coach’s Year 1.

2026 is his “holy shit ISU came out of nowhere to win 6 games” year.  As is tradition.

30 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in the year you finished at the top of the Big 12. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you

"The sun don't shine on the same old dog's rear end everyday." --- Darrell Royal

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Deej said:
1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I am watching ESPN and the LSU game and it's halftime. They are going through the scores of other games and talking about Penn State and Illinois and some talking head just said "Manny Diaz's defense at Penn State works by creating chaos and big turnovers."

Must be a different Manny Diaz.

Manny Diaz defense is all about creative fire zone concepts and a lack of fundamentals ...