• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, D3zii said:

Has ford ran yet?

🤯
Has Ford run yet?

He apparently did NOT RUN.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2024-nfl-combine-results-linebacker-measurements-40-yard-dash-times-as-top-prospects-run-blazing-fast-times/amp/

Also, he will drop due to his short arms  (He must have gained weight in the offseason. 🤔)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

22 hours ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

I’d think Atlanta with Fields and having some pieces (decent OL, Bijan, Drake, Pitts) and getting rid of Arthur Smith would be solid.  Fields has shown a few flashes and is definite upgrade over whoever Atlanta played at QB last year 

Yeah and if they were to pick up Odunze/Nabers at #8 that offense looks really solid. Most of my Dawg co-workers here in ATL are dying for them to cut Pitts loose and draft Bowers but I bet he goes to the Chargers…

15 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Yeah and if they were to pick up Odunze/Nabers at #8 that offense looks really solid. Most of my Dawg co-workers here in ATL are dying for them to cut Pitts loose and draft Bowers but I bet he goes to the Chargers…

I bet they go for a vet QB, and draft Dallas Turner

12 minutes ago, slorch said:

If i needed a Franchise QB, Caleb Williams would have moved to about 78th on the list.

Just for grins, if you had to choose one QB from this year's class who would you pick?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Just for grins, if you had to choose one QB from this year's class who would you pick?

Graham Harrell or Fuck IDK, but Caleb is sending up red flags for stability like a motherfucker.

I'm down for putting the system on trial, but gotdam...all at once?

He might very well be the best QB, but then you get the rest of that shit.

Edited by slorch

28 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Sanders 

unofficially 

was hoping he ran a 4.5 but he wasn’t known for his speed anyway

Just listened to the “Coffee & Football” podcast a couple of hours ago and Gerry was thinking that Sanders would love to run a 4.7 flat, but he was guessing something around 4.74.

No one saw “4.69” coming. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, slorch said:

Graham Harrell or Fuck IDK, but Caleb is sending up red flags for stability like a motherfucker.

I'm down for putting the system on trial, but gotdam...all at once?

He might very well be the best QB, but then you get the rest of that shit.

Just FYI, I wasn't trying to be confrontational, I was just legit curious as to who you thought was the best QB in this draft class.

Looking at some PFF data. Based on sheer number of attempts, not dropbacks, Williams threw middle of the field 10 yards and beyond on 17% of throws. Daniels also 17%.

Now weigh that against Williams throwing play action on 39% of throws and 24% of his throws being screens. Daniels was 17% and 11%. I could back out the screen attempts but nah.

There’s a number of questions about Williams. He’s not getting that many play passes and screens in the NFL. Given that Lincoln has had two recently over drafted QBs, that should give some pause. And it’s not like he just willed USC to win after win.

I’d shoot for trading down and get the motherload of picks. Chicago needs help almost everywhere. They actually have decent offensive skill guys. They need to shore up their front.

Caleb W - for all the “highlight” plays on his career tape, just sends a pause on his pre/post game mentality. I just can’t read him, so IMO he’d be a hard NO on being picked 1st in the overall draft.

He might end up being the best ever, but that’s a chance I’d be willing to take, if he wasn’t on my team during the first 2-3 years of his NFL career.

Hook’em!!!

The escalation of trade value for top picks for QBs got out of whack. Except for the rare Manning or Luck prospects, they are all scratch off lotto tickets that could boom or bust or just be mediocre. Trading away 3 #1’s or something similar depletes your future roster of impact starters all for a hope the QB prospect pans out. 

I don’t like Fields, but if the Bears can find someone stupid enough to give them a haul like Carolina did last year, they should trade out again. Last year, as a Texans fan I was worried about Stroud because of how past Ohio St. QBs fared in the NFL, but there was peace in that the decision was left to fate of whichever lotto ticket (Stroud or Young) fell to them without having to give up extra draft capital. I’d feel the same way this year for the Patriots and not want to give up anything to move up and take one of these 3 QBs over another. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The Bears just missed on Stroud because of that line of thinking. If a QB has a decent chance of being a top ten guy and has a ceiling in the top five, which all three of these guys have, then you have to take him, unless you already have your QB

• Hook 'Em 2

Everyone is overthinking this Caleb situation. He spent a full season in Norman. He's got that sooner cunt stank on him, and it's not easy to get rid of. Hard pass, maybe day 2 I'll give him a look. 

• Haha 1

Ideally

X 4.2 - 4.3 should get him in the 1st a lot of teams need a playmaker but early day 2 for sure 

AD 4.4 range almost guarantees him 1st round 

J-Whitt 4.4 - 4.5 with this time I think he can be a early day 3 

22 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Everyone is overthinking this Caleb situation. He spent a full season in Norman. He's got that sooner cunt stank on him, and it's not easy to get rid of. Hard pass, maybe day 2 I'll give him a look. 

I bet none of his teammates went to his bday party 

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Ideally

X 4.2 - 4.3 should get him in the 1st a lot of teams need a playmaker but early day 2 for sure 

AD 4.4 range almost guarantees him 1st round 

J-Whitt 4.4 - 4.5 with this time I think he can be a early day 3 

J Whitt got hurt and isnt running

• Rage+1 5