2024 NFL DRAFT

LTtxfan

1 hour ago, Lhorn said:

First RB drafted two years in a row ain’t a bad thing to be telling recruits.  I knew we stole Brooks because he was from a small school but wow at his offer list:

IMG_3957.jpeg

So he was good friends with one of the kids he grew up with who’s dad is a huge Aggie and semi big booster.   (his other son is walking on this year with help from his dad) He went to a ton of Aggie games as a kid with them and was a big fan but Aggies never offered him.  Evidently Dayton found him somehow and offered him as a junior I think.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

So he was good friends with one of the kids he grew up with who’s dad is a huge Aggie and semi big booster.   (his other son is walking on this year with help from his dad) He went to a ton of Aggie games as a kid with them and was a big fan but Aggies never offered him.  Evidently Dayton found him somehow and offered him as a junior I think.  

Auto correct *Drayton.  

1 hour ago, chemHORN said:

Which NFL coach's wife did JT Sanders plow to get this treatment?

Probably the coach married to a strength coach who was busied getting plowed during their sessions rather than getting him physically prepared for the most important day of the start of his post-collegiate career. 

He both pissed off a coach as well as showed up at the NFL combine in sub-optimal physical condition.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lhorn said:

First RB drafted two years in a row ain’t a bad thing to be telling recruits.  I knew we stole Brooks because he was from a small school but wow at his offer list:

IMG_3957.jpeg

Now is a good time to remind everyone that Billy POS Liucci has been claiming Jonathan Brooks has always wanted to be an aggy for a year now. 

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Probably the coach married to a strength coach who was busied getting plowed during their sessions rather than getting him physically prepared for the most important day of the start of his post-collegiate career. 

He both pissed off a coach as well as showed up at the NFL combine in sub-optimal physical condition.

Dude. 

10 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Now is a good time to remind everyone that Billy POS Liucci has been claiming Jonathan Brooks has always wanted to be an aggy for a year now. 

Read my previous post….  He actually did want to be an aggy originally but they never offered.  (Thanks Jimbo) Kid grew up with a huge aggy influence but it worked out for the good guys.  

Edited by Hook1997

Over rated blow u player.  Hilarious the highlight reel shows blatant hold. Never heard of the second round pick and draft prediction is back up with potential to be a starter.  

Bullshit from “draft experts” that most never worked in a pro personnel office or scouted. Or played the game. They got beebe and their original target with the trade down. Kneel and is highly rated on the edge.

It’s always interesting to see where these experts are after three seasons. They have about the same success rate as a monkey with a dart board.

43 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

Bullshit from “draft experts” that most never worked in a pro personnel office or scouted. Or played the game. They got beebe and their original target with the trade down. Kneel and is highly rated on the edge.

It’s always interesting to see where these experts are after three seasons. They have about the same success rate as a monkey with a dart board.

image.jpeg.6fce27012664c19e9dce3e15f253fbd8.jpeg
MEL KIPER JR.

ACCURACY 

Kiper has received sustained criticism for the low accuracy of his predictions. According to COLD HARD FOOTBALL FACTS, Kiper's accuracy for the first round of the 2005–2008 NFL drafts was 32 of 127 total picks (25.2%), which included players that had already signed or were in the process of signing with a team before the draft.[12][13] 

According to THE HUDDLE REPORT in 2014, based on Kiper's final mock drafts, he had accurately predicted 23% of the first round picks in the previous five years.[9] Kiper's initial drafts were even lower, correctly predicting 17 out of 256 from 2010–2018.[4] In 2021,

FANTASY PROS ranked Kiper's final mock draft 87th of 182 and

GRADING THE EXPERTS ranked his draft 32nd of 38.[14] 

In 2023, Kiper correctly predicted only one of the 31 draftees in the first round despite updating his analysis on the morning of the NFL draft after gathering additional information.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_Kiper_Jr.

Edited by Napoleon
  • Prepare your anus 1

My biggest confusion is why teams don’t value Jaylen Ford?!! I’m not saying he was the best but I think he’s better than day 3 
Average measurables decline in production from previous year. I know there was an injury, NFL don't GAF. Nothing jumps off the screen about him.

Interesting... NIL weakening later Rds of 2024 Draft.  

After 3 Rounds...

SI:  "Now concludes the 2024 NFL draft. Well, sort of. There’s a lot of cynicism around the league about the final rounds of this year’s draft. How many of these players would have been labeled undrafted free agents in a robust class that wasn’t fractured by returning players of the NIL era? It’s impossible to say. There’s always value, but it would be interesting to look back on Rounds 4–7 in four years and tabulate how many of these players are still contributing. "

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Napoleon said:

image.jpeg.76cb24479e729859a5667e6984ed4261.jpeg

12 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Ok, some guy on Cowboys stream just shared more info on AD...

"Wild story... AD went into a combine formal interview and within 90 secs they took him off their board"

Guess NFL teams shared negative stuff about his interviews... also effort, route running, and yards after catch are suspect at times.

image.thumb.jpeg.c575862b9e8e121e87bdfd5bd430fbe0.jpeg

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, SpiralOut said:

Yeah, I think NFL GMs probably do the same shit a lot of dumb fuck hiring managers do in real life.  If you like someone's personality and buy their bullshit?  "Wow.  What a great guy!  Let's hire that dude!"  If you don't get the feel goods from some dude, even if he's wildly qualified?  "Yeah, they're not a culture fit."

It's why I've had to spend my entire life working with/around halfwits whose real skills are sucking up to the boss and spinning bullshit.  

AD went about half a round later than he should have.  Colts got themselves a baller.

Sounds like SpiralOut's not a culture fit.

(I'm KIDDING)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

After 3 Rounds...

SI:  "Now concludes the 2024 NFL draft. Well, sort of. There’s a lot of cynicism around the league about the final rounds of this year’s draft. How many of these players would have been labeled undrafted free agents in a robust class that wasn’t fractured by returning players of the NIL era? It’s impossible to say. There’s always value, but it would be interesting to look back on Rounds 4–7 in four years and tabulate how many of these players are still contributing. "

Why wouldn't that be offest by guys that returned to college last year for nil and are available this year?

30 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

This guy from the Colts seems pretty interesting. Not at all a stuffed shirt businessman. He here is telling one of our Pitt guys that the Colts were picking him.

This guy from Galveston, TX seems pretty interesting.

26 minutes ago, WBT said:

Why wouldn't that be offest by guys that returned to college last year for nil and are available this year?

That article is just whiny bullshit from the NFL. No one is offering 4th-6th round money in NIL unless it is to All Americans. There might 2-3 instances of this kind of thing happening and I doubt it is that many. 

Now, 7th round and UFA money to get a team leader back? We do that. 

Scouts talking NIL is wild because there is also the flip side of that. If there wasn’t NIL to bring kids back for more development a lot of guys draft day would look very different. Plus the Covid year has been a blessing for kids. Several kids went top 3 rounds this year that greatly benefited from being able to play an extra year. Bo Nix doesn’t sniff first two rounds last year but goes 12 after using the extra year. 

Penix uses the extra year to show he can stay healthy and has a magical run. No way he is a first rounder with the extra year. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, MIkeHoncho said:

Sounds like SpiralOut's not a culture fit.

(I'm KIDDING)

Hey, buster!  I want you to know I'm a lunch pail type of guy.  Gym rat.  First in and last out.  I'm old school, smash mouth, no nonsense.  I'm running out of inane platitudes here, but make sure to draft me over AD.  My 40 time is hair under 7 seconds.  Let's win, baby!

9 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

Hey, buster!  I want you to know I'm a lunch pail type of guy.  Gym rat.  First in and last out.  I'm old school, smash mouth, no nonsense.  I'm running out of inane platitudes here, but make sure to draft me over AD.  My 40 time is hair under 7 seconds.  Let's win, baby!

you forgot 'coach on the field'

7 minutes ago, JohnnyTapia said:

Never thought I’d see the day my panthers take two Texas players. Good picks at that 

Yeah it just sucks that Sanders has Bryce Young as his QB

Edited by Pimphand
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

After 3 Rounds...

These analysts just get so focused on one thing. Drafts in a natural cycle have deep years and shallow years. It’s been unnatural since Covid, the changes in redshirting, the portal, NIL, super seniors, etc. it will take a year or two. The NFL needs to rethink its policies as well regarding draft eligibility in light of NIL. The NCAA needs to change its policies as well. Why is it ok to play pro baseball but come back and play football in college? Kids should be allowed to enter the draft and see where they end up and if it sucks be able to return to CFB with their remaining eligibility. Call it the draft portal and if they don’t like the results they can return to CFB at a school that will take them. The loss of eligibility should be at signing of a contract.
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I hope Whitt hears his name 

I am sure he will sign on somewhere... It would be a stretch for someone to draft him.

How many do we have left? Ford & Jones?  That would push us to 8 right?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

That article is just whiny bullshit from the NFL. No one is offering 4th-6th round money in NIL unless it is to All Americans. There might 2-3 instances of this kind of thing happening and I doubt it is that many. 

Now, 7th round and UFA money to get a team leader back? We do that. 

How much did Bijan get? Him and Caleb Williams have to have had the biggest NIL allocation to date 

2 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

These analysts just get so focused on one thing. Drafts in a natural cycle have deep years and shallow years. It’s been unnatural since Covid, the changes in redshirting, the portal, NIL, super seniors, etc. it will take a year or two. The NFL needs to rethink its policies as well regarding draft eligibility in light of NIL. The NCAA needs to change its policies as well. Why is it ok to play pro baseball but come back and play football in college? Kids should be allowed to enter the draft and see where they end up and if it sucks be able to return to CFB with their remaining eligibility. Call it the draft portal and if they don’t like the results they can return to CFB at a school that will take them. The loss of eligibility should be at signing of a contract.

In this scenario, how would you avoid the total loss of the drafting team's pick if the player won't sign? 

• Hook 'Em 1

Never thought I’d see the day my panthers take two Texas players. Good picks at that 

It’s too bad for them going to such a fucked up organization. They must have backed over a nun to get that.

Tepper is going to end up murdering a fan on video at some point.

1 minute ago, Texzilla588 said:

It’s too bad for them going to such a fucked up organization. They must have backed over a nun to get that.

Tepper is going to end up murdering a fan on video at some point.

Yeah we definitely got the worst owner in the league. Hopefully he fucks off and let’s Canales/Dan Morgan do their job

image.jpeg.6fce27012664c19e9dce3e15f253fbd8.jpeg
MEL KIPER JR.
ACCURACY 
Kiper has received sustained criticism for the low accuracy of his predictions. According to COLD HARD FOOTBALL FACTS, Kiper's accuracy for the first round of the 2005–2008 NFL drafts was 32 of 127 total picks (25.2%), which included players that had already signed or were in the process of signing with a team before the draft.[12][13] 
According to THE HUDDLE REPORT in 2014, based on Kiper's final mock drafts, he had accurately predicted 23% of the first round picks in the previous five years.[9] Kiper's initial drafts were even lower, correctly predicting 17 out of 256 from 2010–2018.[4] In 2021,
FANTASY PROS ranked Kiper's final mock draft 87th of 182 and
GRADING THE EXPERTS ranked his draft 32nd of 38.[14] 
In 2023, Kiper correctly predicted only one of the 31 draftees in the first round despite updating his analysis on the morning of the NFL draft after gathering additional information.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_Kiper_Jr.

Just terrible. My Five year old granddaughter would have better picks and she’d choose based on college team mascots. She likes cows, chickens, pigs, dogs, cats, ducks. Bama, being a poisonous water situation might not fare well. Nor land thieves OU. Texas would do well as would Oregon and Arkansas. I’d there were unicorns that team would all be picked
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I’m a Falcons fan, AMA

How does your GM still have a job? And is he on some kind of bender? In the last few months he has:

1. Passed on Bill Belichick in favor of Raheem Morris

2. Gave Kirk Cousins $45mm/year, same as Mahomes makes

3. Despite 2, reached for a QB at 8th overall

4. Traded a 3rd rounder to move up 8 spots in the 2nd, then reached with that pick