Texas vs U of H gametime placeholder

GreenspointTexas

The last time I was there was back about 20 years ago when I bought season tickets to the Cougars games just to get that one ticket. I remember they had these crazy flimsy metal bleachers. They served big beers and there was a hilarious, very heavy, Hispanic Longhorn fan in front of us who got progressively saltier and more ethnic in his comments as the game went on. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I promised my daughter I’d take her to this game.  There’s a MetroRail purple line station at the UH stadium so we’re thinking about taking that to the game

Good thinking. I’m still having Uber nightmares from the Cookout/Rodeo earlier this year. 

If I go, I should be able to mooch a ride from a guy from work. He’s coming from The Woodlands so he has to drive. 

2 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I promised my daughter I’d take her to this game.  There’s a MetroRail purple line station at the UH stadium so we’re thinking about taking that to the game

getting there will be easy …..

the line post game will be massive, with no relief . The same happens at nrg events. Don’t expect Uber to save you 

• Hook 'Em 1

This stadium / the parking / the area / the metro rail is not used to a 40k+ crowd. It’s going to be a huge cluster and then everyone tries to leave at once. Take the purple line all the way back to main, and Uber from there.

you better have extreme patience leaving the game and be prepared for many 3rd ward residents just walking around. The avg ut fan isn’t used to seeing that many non whites in one congested area and will begin to stress / freak out and talk about wishing they had their concealed carry. The other side of the rail is probably 75% black, normal ut fan can’t even imagine this. Prepare yourself 

I recommend avoiding this game, all the non football stuff is going to suck.

This stadium has a couple of small lots and parking garages around campus. 1000000% they’ll be breaking into cars in those garages, just a fyi. Do not leave anything in your car. There are two open air drug markets by the stadium. People are going to see all those cars and people with one thought, let’s go find free shit in those cars to buy drugs 

and do not park on the other side of the rail line, you’re going to get scammed one way or another. It’s safe to Walk across the street and grab some Frenchy’s fried chicken 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

This stadium / the parking / the area / the metro rail is not used to a 40k+ crowd. It’s going to be a huge cluster and then everyone tries to leave at once. Take the purple line all the way back to main, and Uber from there.

you better have extreme patience leaving the game and be prepared for many 3rd ward residents just walking around. The avg ut fan isn’t used to seeing that many non whites in one congested area and will begin to stress / freak out and talk about wishing they had their concealed carry. The other side of the rail is probably 75% black, normal ut fan can’t even imagine this. Prepare yourself 

This stadium has a couple of small lots and parking garages around campus. 1000000% they’ll be breaking into cars in those garages, just a fyi. Do not leave anything in your car. There are two open air drug markets by the stadium. People are going to see all those cars and people with one thought, let’s go find free shit in those cars to buy drugs 

and do not park on the other side of the rail line, you’re going to get scammed one way or another. It’s safe to Walk across the street and grab some Frenchy’s fried chicken 

image.gif.837873440e776d0c0b9ad9ecb6a22a92.gif

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

BUT IT'S GENTRIFYING!!!!! - signed, Houston posters upthread 

I have 20 bucks for anybody that will walk from U of H to Midtown via Scott Street after the game. Video evidence is required. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

leaving the game and be prepared for many 3rd ward residents just walking around. The avg ut fan isn’t used to seeing that many non whites in one congested area and will begin to stress / freak out and talk about wishing they had their concealed carry. The other side of the rail is probably 75% black, normal ut fan can’t even imagine this. Prepare yourself 

Sounds like a great area around stadium 😬

Holy shit why did the B12 add cougar high 😂

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

angry hombre GIF by Cuco

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

This sounds like the beginning of the movie Judgement Night starring Emilio Estevez.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, F250 said:

This sounds like the beginning of the movie Judgement Night starring Emilio Estevez.

cream burger is a 3 min walk from the basketball arena, and that chevron (the last time I stopped there) you could buy a magnum single as you check out lololol

funny review

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/cJQn6h7XNuWZVU61/?mibextid=UalRPS

• Haha 1