2023 ALCS: Rangers vs Astros

Helobious

12 hours ago, freyguy said:

He must be getting paid by the word.

Seriously. Unreal. It's an absolute beating. He's like the neighbor chick across the culdesac. If I or most of my neighbors walk out the front door and see her outside, we just turn around and go right back inside. Once she corners you, you're fucked. And no, you don't wanna see pics. Trust me. Smoltz has you cornered because  you wanna see the game.

Edited by wood

18 minutes ago, wood said:

Seriously. Unreal. It's an absolute beating. He's like the neighbor chick across the culdesac. If I or most of my neighbors walk out the front door and see her outside, we just turn around and go right back inside. Once she corners you, you're fucked. And no, you don't wanna see pics. Trust me. Smoltz has you cornered because  you wanna see the game.

I've been having to watch the TBS (NL) games on the Spanish broadcast because Fubo doesn't carry the Turner networks.  It has been better than having Smoltz lecture me for a solid 150 minutes.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BeardIP said:

Wulaw is always right.

Occasionally I get one right mostly by accident. 
The should I hit the all star level bat that’s great at throwing out runners v the worst post season hitter ever that also is shitty at defense wasn’t a hard one though at least I didn’t think it should be. 

57 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I've been having to watch the TBS (NL) games on the Spanish broadcast because Fubo doesn't carry the Turner networks.  It has been better than having Smoltz lecture me for a solid 150 minutes.

I might have to try that. And yeah, 'lecture' is the perfect word for what he does. It's like "Hey, I played baseball, so I'm gonna educate all you noobs". Every second doesn't need to be 'Baseball 101', esp for a whole lotta fans who actually do know the game.

For those of you on twitter ... maybe a few sternly worded tweets to @MLBONFOX and @MLB would help. Who knows. 

I just saw an article on Bad Broadcasting where Smoltz's response to criticism was basically what you'd think it would be. You know ... 'Yeah, well, they didn't play the game' kinda stuff.

Those people who claim that they have a lot of answers or know things? They never played the game.”

“When I do a game, I’m doing a game bringing the insights that most people wouldn’t know because I played the game,” Smoltz continued. “And anybody who can pull stuff out of a computer, there’s value there, but they don’t understand the insights. They don’t understand the feel, they don’t understand what goes on between the lines. But all that other noise, I don’t pay attention to it. And yeah, people try to tell me, and I say that’s fine. Unless my bosses think differently, I’m good with it.”

For Helo.  Also- the Maldy intangibles bust be pretty spectacular to keep this guy on the bench- right @Beau Vine  I always knew that you knew Dusty solved baseball.

Yainer Diaz- eh- lets not bother playing him- 3.2 war

PA BA, OBP, Slug, OPS, OPS+

396 377                       .282 .308 .538 .846 128            

Jonah Heim- All star: 2.9 War

PA/ AB/ BA/ OBP/ SLUG/ OPS/ OPS +

501 457                     .258 .317 .438 .755 103            

On 10/13/2023 at 4:45 PM, BeardIP said:

I don't care why they do it, but as long as the blackhole of offense who batted :checksnotes: .191 (LOL) over the entire course of the regular season is in the everyday lineup that is good for Texas.

The guy is 2 for 15 in the playoffs. One less thing to worry about.

Let’s keep the guy who is 0-for in every post season game he’s played in this year, sans one, in the everyday lineup please. My Rangers are grateful.

15 hours ago, Helobious said:

Huge W. The Astros probably thought they were in for an easy sweep with 4 blowouts like all their fans did. This has to be a shock to their system. 

Think most of us realized it would be much harder to put away the Rangers than it was to sweep that pathetic team we played last year in the ALCS...who were they again???

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Think most of us realized it would be much harder to put away the Rangers than it was to sweep that pathetic team we played last year in the ALCS...who were they again???

LOL I mean Helo makes blanket false statements and is an absolute curse upon his favorite team as a jinx but at least he isn't one of the butt-hurt bitches who whine and cry to Blacklab & imamac about everything like the Karens that they are.

Originally I predicted the series would go 6 and I'm going to stick to that.  I wish Dusty wouldn't keep the black hole in the lineup but here we are...  At least we have Brantley today.

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Not one close call has gone the rangers way all series. Total fucking bullshit.

First Astros batter up in the bottom of the 3rd gets a called “Ball 3” when the the ball was completely inside the strike zone, but the pitcher “Missed his target.”

🙄

• Like 1