THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An fsu loss is our best bet. The Alabama win keeps us as having the best win of the year. Washington loss would have been nice but I think Oregon wins next week so it's not that bad for us. We want alabama and Oregon to win next week. We need to win by 14 plus vs ok st and let the chips fall where they may.  Michigan is not losing to.iowa. that team is terribad.

3 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

An fsu loss is our best bet. The Alabama win keeps us as having the best win of the year. Washington loss would have been nice but I think Oregon wins next week so it's not that bad for us. We want alabama and Oregon to win next week. We need to win by 14 plus vs ok st and let the chips fall where they may.  Michigan is not losing to.iowa. that team is terribad.

Washington winning eliminates Oregon and vice versa. The only 1 loss non champion team that could go ahead of us at this point is Georgia

Edited by Michael Knight

Honestly I think we still make it in ahead of Florida State even if they don't lose
The committee definitely hopes Florida State loses because without their QB, they are terrible. But they can't really leave them out as an undefeated p5 team in place of a team with a loss. Without their QB, that aren't anywhere near a top 4 team and the committee knows this.

14 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

And if they beat Washington to win the Pac 12?

Maybe that will be a push with our best win. What’s their 2nd/3rd best win. What was the outcome in games against common opponents?

Texas - 8-3 K State (maybe 9 wins if they take care of business against ISU), and presumably 9-3 Okie State. Beat TX Tech 57-7

Oregon - 8-4 Utah, 7-5 USC and Beat TX Tech 38-30

Texas has a better resume. End of story.

edit:

Oregon has 4 wins over bowl eligible teams (5 if Cal beat UCLA tonight) prior to their CCG.

Texas has 7 wins over bowl eligible teams prior to their CCG.

Edited by TKthunder2
Added bowl eligible

4 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

I think we want Washington and Georgia to win next week. That would put Georgia, Michigan (assuming they beat Iowa), Washington, and Texas in (assuming a win over OSU). This all assumes a FSU loss tonight or next week. Am I missing something in your analysis?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

Washington losing would have done nothing for us, the winner of the Pac12 was going in and the loser was being left out.

No a Washington loss would have been good for us. 

And yes FSU losing means nothing else matters for us besides seeding. Provided, of course, we beat OSU.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

I think we want Washington and Georgia to win next week. That would put Georgia, Michigan (assuming they beat Iowa), Washington, and Texas in (assuming a win over OSU). This all assumes a FSU loss tonight or next week. Am I missing something in your analysis?

No we want chaos if fsu wins out. Our other path is alabama Georgia Oregon Washington and us all.with 1.loss. I think we get in with that chaos. Fsu losing all.but guarantees us the playoff. If they lose the rest don't make a shit and that could happen as soon as 3 hours from now. 

2 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

No we want chaos if fsu wins out. Our other path is alabama Georgia Oregon Washington and us all.with 1.loss. I think we get in with that chaos. Fsu losing all.but guarantees us the playoff. If they lose the rest don't make a shit and that could happen as soon as 3 hours from now. 

That's not chaos, that means they all lost their championship games all things being equal the committee would just pick the conference champs. Theres 5 conferences and the ACC is the weakest one so they would be left out

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

That's not chaos, that means they all lost their championship games all things being equal the committee would just pick the conference champs. Theres 5 conferences and the ACC is the weakest one so they would be left out

It's chaos if fsu wins out. That is my point.  If fsu wins out we need chaos to make it. 

3 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Undefeated FSU would not be left out in favor of a one loss Texas, or any other one loss team. 

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If they lost their QB and then beat Florida and won the ACC? That would be ridiculous. 

Florida is dogshit and the ACC is garbage, might as well put in Liberty at that point. The only reason FSU was this high is cause they beat an over ranked LSU early on

Edited by Michael Knight
  • Hook 'Em 1

Basically said Texas’ win against Bama didn’t matter now because it was in September and that we want no part of them now. Made a huge ass out of himself to the point where Leinart was telling him to chill out.

Oh yeah Mark - we want no part of Bama now!

What an idiot.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Florida is dogshit and the ACC is garbage, might as well put in Liberty at that point. The only reason FSU was this high is cause they beat an over ranked LSU early on

So you think the committee would leave out an undefeated P5 conference champion, in favor of at least one team with a loss? 

This is the way it's going to be bitches..

Follow the money, eyes on the tv/stream...

Team from west coast,

a team from Midwest,

SEC team,

Next team that brings the most eyeballs pr consumers/clicks, Texas 

This will cover the country and maximize spending and consumption reach. 

All about the clicks.

Edited by Victor R. Franko

1 minute ago, Mother mopar said:
12 minutes ago, Red Five said:
So you think the committee would leave out an undefeated P5 conference champion, in favor of at least one team with a loss? 

It's fluid/piss but I could see it happening.

If this was Louisville, TCU, Utah, or some traditional 3rd-tier team, I could see it happening.  FSU is a big enough name that they won't get left out if they go undefeated, regardless of how shitty their backup qb looks.

2 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

The committee absolutely will adjust as needed especially when there are shakeups in the rankings.

New data points this week:

Texas secures it’s spot in the Big 12 CCG

Texas destroys Tech and team that shares a common opponent with Oregon

Ohio State loses/Michigan wins

Regular season will be complete and they can accurately compare conference strength 

They’ve stated that the margins between the one loss teams was very slim, I think they have a better argument now versus next week to move teams around.

They won’t adjust and put Oregon ahead because Ducks just smoked OSU. You’re buying too much into what committee says or writes and it’s utter nonsense. Winner of of UO-UW is in. Mich in. Winner of Bama-UGA in. We need FSU to lose, were hurt by WSU losing, and were totally fucked by Auburn today. We haven’t gotten any help and we’re gonna be 5 if FSU doesn’t lose. 

10 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

FSU not losing tonight.  We didn't get much help today

We got the opposite of help. We got cockteased and no lubed. 

39 minutes ago, Red Five said:

They explicitly consider injuries. It’s a different committee, but I remember when they left Cincinnati off of the top line in the bball tourney because their best player got injured late, even though they were clearly the best team. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Jewish Wang said:

They won’t adjust and put Oregon ahead because Ducks just smoked OSU. You’re buying too much into what committee says or writes and it’s utter nonsense. Winner of of UO-UW is in. Mich in. Winner of Bama-UGA in. We need FSU to lose, were hurt by WSU losing, and were totally fucked by Auburn today. We haven’t gotten any help and we’re gonna be 5 if FSU doesn’t lose. 

We got the opposite of help. We got cockteased and no lubed. 

Username checks out.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Texas Wahoo said:

They explicitly consider injuries. It’s a different committee, but I remember when they left Cincinnati off of the top line in the bball tourney because their best player got injured late, even though they were clearly the best team. 

The example of Kenyon Martin from the year 2000 in the sport of basketball has no relevance to a football committee selecting 4 teams in the year 2023.

Like the crossover there is less than 0

12 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

FSU not losing tonight.  We didn't get much help today

games may not be falling our way today, but it’s been a hell of an entertaining day of football.   

it’s been a long time since I would have given most of these games more than a glancing bit of attention, forgot what it’s like being in the mix.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]