THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

The example of Kenyon Martin from the year 2000 in the sport of basketball has no relevance to a football committee selecting 4 teams in the year 2023.

Like the crossover there is less than 0

Maybe, but the committee is always referencing injuries in comparing teams. I doubt they bump FSU, but if FSU looks like ass their last two games and barely wins, I’m not writing it off. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the fucking fox halftime clowns were saying that it would be unfair for osu to drop from 2 to 8.... that they deserve to be higher....

uh  fuck that. the osu fucks got unbeliveably lucky last year sneaking in after losing. 

this year there are going to be 3 or 4 (outside chance of 5) OTHER teams with the same fuking record as you. and anywhere from 1-3 of them are going to be conf champs...something you wont be.

unless Texas, FSU, Oregon, Bama, and MI all lose next week (ALL of them not just 1), you have NO fucking shot or right to expect to be in the fucking mix

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Jshep34 said:

Eyeball test says no way is fsu, or wash better than ut

doesnt matter right now. if they win they are in there is no way the committee would kick out any one of the 4 undefeated conf champs of the power 5 in the place of 1 loss Texas. 

just unbelieveably unlucky to finally be in the Champ mix with a single loss and up against 7 other teams with no or 1 loss. thats never happened in the post 1993 champtionship makers. 

Just be a fan of the Huskies! Fuck those ducks. 🦆 Two loss Oregon team is the only way I feel like… it’s what I have thought since the committee is so high on Oregon…and apparently a lot of yall think the Huskies can’t pull it off. Root for those guys. Nothing not to like. 

IMG_8187.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Now feels like without a Louisville win next week we are on the outside looking in.

How fucking annoying to beat Bama, (maybe) get to 12-1, and not make it.

This is what happens when you lose a game. You leave your fate in the hands of someone else. That still doesn't change that this was a special season. Next year, we won't have to worry about the eyeball test as much. But still, chaos occurs all the time on Championship Game weekend. 

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Just be a fan of the Huskies! Fuck those ducks. 🦆 Two loss Oregon team is the only way I feel like… it’s what I have thought since the committee is so high on Oregon…and apparently a lot of yall think the Huskies can’t pull it off. Root for those guys. Nothing not to like. 

IMG_8187.jpeg

If huskies win, they go.  If Oregon wins, they probably go, but Texas would at least have an argument.  

5 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Now feels like without a Louisville win next week we are on the outside looking in.

Yup, that’s pretty much our only hope. 

I mean *technically* Iowa could spoil it too, but we all know that ain’t happening.

Not trying to be a dick, but as of 1039pm east coast time on Saturday what’s the Status? Who we need to lose or win? Been a long wknd of family drama, turkey, drinking, getting fucked, fucking, reading surly, betting on nfl, so what’s good? Let me know who to root for cause I know it affects the game while I’m cheering from queens!!!!

Just now, chemHORN said:

With all the other results today I wish OSU woulda lost.  Big 12 has all the ammo they need to say Texas probably won't get in anyways so let's give'm the ole ref screw job against OSU.  At least if we were playing OU screwing us wouldn't benefit them at all.  

I don’t want to play OU in the big 12 ever again. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

My only other hope is Bama beating Georgia cause what does the committe do there.  Bama and Texas both are 1 loss conference Champs and Texas has a head to head win over Bama.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, blutow said:

If huskies win, they go.  If Oregon wins, they probably go, but Texas would at least have an argument.  

Fuck the Ducks. Man it is the only way I see. A two loss Oregon team doesn’t advance no matter how much the committee likes them. Hope Penix has the fucking game of his life. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, achooloco said:

Not trying to be a dick, but as of 1039pm east coast time on Saturday what’s the Status? Who we need to lose or win? Been a long wknd of family drama, turkey, drinking, getting fucked, fucking, reading surly, betting on nfl, so what’s good? Let me know who to root for cause I know it affects the game while I’m cheering from queens!!!!

We needed to beat OU a month or so ago...

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, achooloco said:

We need Louisville to beat FSU. 

That’s really our only shot. (Iowa winning would help but Iowa ain’t winning shit)

Other than that, it’s hello Cotton Bowl!

• Rage+1 1

Just now, achooloco said:

Only “certain” way is FSU losing to Louisville. I’d add Iowa beating Michigan too but that’s unpossible.

Bama beats Georgia, Oregon beats Washington, those just throw it up for a beauty contest. Bama beating Georgia is probably our second best shot but that’s hard core beauty pageant shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Fuck the Ducks. Man it is the only way I see. A two loss Oregon team doesn’t advance no matter how much the committee likes them. Hope Penix has the fucking game of his life. 

This makes no sense. Wash winning locks up a playoff spot, guaranteed. Ducks winning at least leaves open a window/argument, albeit small.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

What in the world are you talking about? If UW is undefeated, they are in.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, troph said:

I don’t want to play OU in the big 12 ever again. 

Routing OU would’ve been the only route to changing voters’ minds and we’d still need help from Oregon. Beating OSU means very little. In order, Florida, Auburn, WSU and BYU absolutely fucked us. Today was disastrous. 

Rooting Interest assuming we beat OSU:

1. Louisville over FSU - if FSU loses, I think we’re in no matter what. 
2. Iowa over Michigan - I think we’re in no matter what if this happens. 
3. Bama over UGA - I think we’re in over Bama and UGA with Head to Head.

4. Oregon over Washington - Debatable between us and Oregon

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Jewish Wang said:

Routing OU would’ve been the only route to changing voters’ minds and we’d still need help from Oregon. Beating OSU means very little. In order, Florida, Auburn, WSU and BYU absolutely fucked us. Today was disastrous. 

I get that, but nothing good comes from OU advancing, ever. Fuck that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

My only other hope is Bama beating Georgia cause what does the committe do there.  Bama and Texas both are 1 loss conference Champs and Texas has a head to head win over Bama.  

That would make no difference. The storyline would be "well Bama was a different team when they lost EARLY to Texas, look how they responded and they just beat the #1 team in the land so they have the best win in the best conference". The committee would bend it whatever way gets the SEC in. That's part of the reason we're moving conferences. Our only path is FSU losing to Louisville. That's it. Maybe if Iowa beats Michigan but that's not likely in this universe. 

1 minute ago, derpyhorndog said:

This makes no sense. Wash winning locks up a playoff spot, guaranteed. Ducks winning at least leaves open a window/argument, albeit small.

Ducks are already ahead. The committee has made up their mind up to this point. If Texas and Oregon both win, it just solidifies their ranking because they beat an undefeated team and Texas beat…. OSU.

3 minutes ago, millhouse said:

It doesn't matter if we don't take care of business next weekend, but if beating bama on the road and fucking throttling tech doesn't put us ahead of bama and oregon at the end of this, what the fuck is the point of head to head and common opponent criteria?

Reality is CFB is one weekend and really only two games away from 4 undefeateds. It’s unprecedented. So yeah, going on the road to Bama and winning doesn’t matter in that scenario because well, prevent defenses suck donkey dick.

Edited by troph

Just now, derpyhorndog said:

How? Get beat twice by the same team? Most of the shows I’ve watched today admitted that path would work. It’s hard to justify putting in a two loss team. Especially when there are only four spots. I get the argument you are making but if it shakes out as FSU undefeated, Georgia undefeated and Michigan undefeated and Washington undefeated. We don’t get in. Obviously we need FSU to also lose and I think that’s it combined with Huskies winning out. Would leave Oregon and Ohio state out in the cold and we win out and snake that last spot. 

• Like 1

It's really incredible.  This was the AP poll after we lost to OU:

image.png.a2ac49b04ca30f1385799ce7a3bdcfc5.png

Other than a shitty OU team's 2 losses, in 7 weeks there have been no losses by any of these teams to anyone outside of this group.  Penn St loss to both Mich and Ohio St, Oregon loss to Washington, and Ohio State lost to Michigan today.

Can anyone tell us our new strength of schedule yet or every game has to be played I assume? Was amazed we were that far ahead of 6-9 in terms of SOS and might even go up. If we don’t jump Oregon or FSU this week then I think we are one spot looking out sadly. Sure lots of games to be played but we needed one of those sports today. 

6 minutes ago, troph said:

Bama beats Georgia, Oregon beats Washington, those just throw it up for a beauty contest. Bama beating Georgia is probably our second best shot but that’s hard core beauty pageant shit.

I think we get in with either of these but it will put the BOMC to the test for sure

Just now, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Ducks are already ahead. The committee has made up their mind up to this point. If Texas and Oregon both win, it just solidifies their ranking because they beat an undefeated team and Texas beat…. OSU.

They were ahead based on eye test. You’re ignoring the consequences of this week. We just got “eye test points” by beating down Tech, as well as “common opponent points.” Their Utah win has also lost all of its luster. While no certainty they make the right call, this all very much sets up the committee to reevaluate and put us in front of Oregon in this week’s rankings. 

• Like 1

So everything about this is stupid.  It has nothing to do with our record.  Or the records of any other team.  It's a four team playoff that is nothing more than a popularity contest and a fraud.   Beat who we have left in front of us and call it a season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

the fucking fox halftime clowns were saying that it would be unfair for osu to drop from 2 to 8.... that they deserve to be higher..

Not surprisingly to see Fox promote B1G given their affiliation with the conference. When you listen to the talking heads, you always have to consider their ulterior motives. 

1 minute ago, WBT said:

It's really incredible.  This was the AP poll after we lost to OU:

image.png.a2ac49b04ca30f1385799ce7a3bdcfc5.png

Other than a shitty OU team's 2 losses, in 7 weeks there have been no losses by any of these teams to anyone outside of this group.  Penn St loss to both Mich and Ohio St, Oregon loss to Washington, and Ohio State lost to Michigan today.

I'm just pissed off but my rationale is NIL is taking shape with no limits and there is less parity and more outright dominance pf the richest/top programs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

How? Get beat twice by the same team? Most of the shows I’ve watched today admitted that path would work. It’s hard to justify putting in a two loss team. Especially when there are only four spots. I get the argument you are making but if it shakes out as FSU undefeated, Georgia undefeated and Michigan undefeated and Washington undefeated. We don’t get in. Obviously we need FSU to also lose and I think that’s it combined with Huskies winning out. Would leave Oregon and Ohio state out in the cold and we win out and snake that last spot. 

I hope for your sake you’ve been drinking tonight. Wash/Oregon are fighting over one seat in tbh CFP. Deduce the rest.  

1 minute ago, petscii said:

So everything about this is stupid.  It has nothing to do with our record.  Or the records of any other team.  It's a four team playoff that is nothing more than a popularity contest and a fraud.   Beat who we have left in front of us and call it a season. 

This is where I’m at. Win the fucking conference for the first time in 14 year. Everything else is gravy.

• Hook 'Em 3

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]