THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I would have such a problem with any 1-loss team going over an undefeated FSU.

If FSU beats UF (done) and top-15 Louisville with their backup, they should be in.  You win all your games + CCG as a P5, you're in.  Everytime. 

I would have zero problem going ahead of FSU. Fuck any school not Texas. Neither Texas nor FSU created this shitshow system and I would have no shame. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Changed my mind. Obviously, we're all rooting for Iowa but it won't happen. Beyond that, I agree we need spots to open up so therefore an Oregon win helps. Bama beating Georgia helps. Louisville beating FSU puts Texas in without a doubt if Texas wins Big 12. There are five conference championship games being played this weekend. In addition to us beating OkSt, we need either Louisville to win or two of Iowa/Bama/Oregon to win, yes?

Iowa winning is the same as Louisville, either puts us in.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

You have more faith than me if Bama wins. I feel like they aren’t leaving out the SEC champ no matter what. 

their justification- 

Bama win vs. Georgia > Texas win vs. Bama

no

the justification will be that the UT loss to OU > Bama the loss UT > the UGA loss to Bama

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

??? If Bama beats UGA, we're definitely getting in over UGA if those are the options (FSU or Michigan loses). No one thinks we get in over UGA if UGA wins. 

I’d say half the media thinks exactly that, and a quarter of the posters here do. And, I’ll bet you too under the right parameters. 

8 minutes ago, Jewish Wang said:

Doesn’t much matter what I think. I absolutely know the committee will have Bama jump us and probably to the 2 spot. Like it’s not even a question they will be in. 

I 100% agree. Bama wins and they are in. Committee has made it clear winning your conference matters a good bit. 

2 minutes ago, Jewish Wang said:

I’d say half the media thinks exactly that, and a quarter of the posters here do. And, I’ll bet you too under the right parameters. 

I'll bet $100,000 right now that if FSU or Michigan loses, and Texas and Alabama wins, we are in over Georgia. There is zero chance we are left out for Georgia if there is one spot at play. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, BlackCat said:

I 100% agree. Bama wins and they are in. Committee has made it clear winning your conference matters a good bit. 

Bama wins and it is in in my opinion (although we have a small chance). But he apparently thinks a 1-loss Georgia also gets in over us. That's insanity. 

Just now, Dahobbs said:

I'll bet $100,000 right now that if FSU or Michigan loses, and Texas and Alabama wins, we are in over Georgia. There is zero chance we are left out for Georgia if there is one spot at play. 

If one loses, not both, and you provide the right parameters, and lower the amount, I’ll absolutely take that bet

Just now, Dahobbs said:

Bama wins and it is in in my opinion (although we have a small chance). But he apparently thinks a 1-loss Georgia also gets in over us. That's insanity. 

Yea I think we get in over 1 loss Georgia bc we will have won our conference and beat bama in Tuscaloosa. Georgia won’t have the addition of the conference championship metric and will have lost to Bama on a neutral field. (Which just happens to be in Georgia’s backyard.)

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Hondo said:

image.png.b8d12e737c1a7980798b0842bf7cec75.png

About the only thing more predictable than Oregon being in the CFP with a win is Beau Vine following me around, "drooling" on every post.  xD

Reminds me of my 2 year old niece when she didn't have the vocabulary to express herself, so she just stomped around all angsty.  Use your words, little buddy.  Tell me what's wrong.

The monkeys flinging shit in this thread was entirely predictable.  Someone complaining about +rep was not.

• Drool 1

10 minutes ago, Jewish Wang said:

Totally agreed. The tOSU ranking is a big big deal being willfully ignored by posters here.  

No, it isn't.  It's the one thing that is absolutely and completely irrelevant with respect to Texas' chances to make the CFP.  If Texas wins, they're ahead of Ohio State.  If Texas loses, they'll remain behind Ohio State.  It makes absolutely zero difference-- to Texas-- where Ohio State is currently ranked.

Now, if you want to make all those same arguments about Oregon's ranking ahead of Texas and its implications on Texas' chances to make the CFP, that's fine.

But there is zero chance an 11-1 non-champ Ohio State goes to the CFP ahead of a 12-1 conference champ Texas.  Ohio State's current position is irrelevant.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Jewish Wang said:

Don’t get involved in bet posts anymore. You’ve shown you’ll do nothing to collect on a welcher despite ban threats to the contrary. 

bruh, I'll straight up ban your ass if you keep talking shit to me about stuff that I'm just here doing. Ztejas offered to pay and you declined reasonable methods and didn't reach out then you bitched at me in DM's. Legit go fuck yourself and don't drag me into your fucking drama with another poster. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, utee94 said:

No, it isn't.  It's the one thing that is absolutely and completely irrelevant with respect to Texas' chances to make the CFP.  If Texas wins, they're ahead of Ohio State.  If Texas loses, they'll remain behind Ohio State.  It makes absolutely zero difference-- to Texas-- where Ohio State is currently ranked.

Now, if you want to make all those same arguments about Oregon's ranking ahead of Texas and its implications on Texas' chances to make the CFP, that's fine.

But there is zero chance an 11-1 non-champ Ohio State goes to the CFP ahead of a 12-1 conference champ Texas.  Ohio State's current position is irrelevant.

I’m not worried about tOSU. I’m worried about our current position of 7 and moving to 4. It was foreshadowing and is absolutely relevant. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Jewish Wang said:

If one loses, not both, and you provide the right parameters, and lower the amount, I’ll absolutely take that bet

Great, $1,000 work for you?

I win if:

• winners are Bama, Texas, Michigan, Washington and Louisville, and then Texas is in the playoffs and Georgia isn't. 
  • winners are Bama, Texas, Michigan, Oregon and Louisville, and then Texas is in the playoffs and Georgia isn't. 
  • winners are Bama, Texas, Iowa, Oregon and FSU, and then Texas is in the playoffs and Georgia isn't. 
  • winners are Bama, Texas, Iowa, Washington and FSU, and then Texas is in the playoffs and Georgia isn't. 

You win if:

• winners are Bama, Texas, Michigan, Washington and Louisville, and then Georgia is in the playoffs and Texas isn't. 
  • winners are Bama, Texas, Michigan, Oregon and Louisville, and then Georgia is in the playoffs and Texas isn't. 
  • winners are Bama, Texas, Iowa, Oregon and FSU, and then Georgia is in the playoffs and Texas isn't.  
  • winners are Bama, Texas, Iowa, Washington and FSU, and then Georgia is in the playoffs and Texas isn't. 

2 hours ago, immamac said:

For those that want to say but what about 1 loss Oregon Alabama and Texas!!! 

texas didn’t beat #1 back to back champion Georgia. There is no fucking world where I would even pick the longhorns to go over Alabama in that scenario. Stop it. 

Texas plays #18 OK State. And Lost to #14 Oklahoma or something. 

Alabama plays #1 and lost to #7 

Oregon Lost to #3 and can revenge it. 

this isn’t fucking hard stop being conspiracy theorists. We aren’t playing undefeated #2 Oklahoma in a revenge game. 

Ok Derka. 

1 minute ago, immamac said:

bruh, I'll straight up ban your ass if you keep talking shit to me about stuff that I'm just here doing. Ztejas offered to pay and you declined reasonable methods and didn't reach out then you bitched at me in DM's. Legit go fuck yourself and don't drag me into your fucking drama with another poster. 

Don’t threaten to ban that clown then do absolutely nothing. I told you I’m not accepting direct payment from him because I don’t want him having access to my information because the guy is unhinged. You said you’d ban him until he paid YOU.  I don’t care about $200. I’ll fucking donate it to Surly. I care about your word. You might want to revisit that thread. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 minutes ago, Jewish Wang said:

Totally agreed. The tOSU ranking is a big big deal being willfully ignored by posters here.  

Y'all are overthinking this one. Ohio State gets passed by Texas, Oregon and Bama if they all three win this weekend. It's my belief that OSU is slotted here ONLY in the event of a 30-car pileup this weekend where err'ybody loses so the committee can easily slide that marquee name back into the mix somehow.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Jewish Wang said:

Don’t threaten to ban that clown then do absolutely nothing. I told you I’m not accepting direct payment from him because I don’t want him having access to my information because the guy is unhinged. You said you’d ban him until he paid YOU.  I don’t care about $200. I’ll fucking donate it to Surly. I care about your word. You might want to revisit that thread. 

fuckin bye. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Jewish Wang said:

It's not a big deal because the guideline that applies to teams winning conference championships hasn't been applied yet.  They are not getting in over a 12-1 conference champion, and neither is Georgia if they lose to Bama.  

Edit: C-Man beat me to it.

Edited by idigTexas
OU and Jewish Wang suck
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

The monkeys flinging shit in this thread was entirely predictable.  Someone complaining about +rep was not.

From left to right, they range from "Like" to "Prepare your anus" - with "Drool" to the right of "Fuck you".  Forgive my assumption.  xD

(It was teed up for a little sarcastic trash talk with "only thing more predictable than Oregon being in with a win" sliding in the side door.  Cheers.)

Just now, C-Man said:

Y'all are overthinking this one. Ohio State gets passed by Texas, Oregon and Bama if they all three win this weekend. It's my belief that OSU is slotted here ONLY in the event of a 30-car pileup this weekend where err'ybody loses so the committee can easily slide that marquee name back into the mix somehow.

Exactly. Their positioning is irrelevant to Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I would have such a problem with any 1-loss team going over an undefeated FSU.

If FSU beats UF (done) and top-15 Louisville with their backup, they should be in.  You win all your games + CCG as a P5, you're in.  Everytime. 

Me too. I keep hearing people say "Oregon would beat up on FSU if they played". Based on what? The backup settled in and played a nice game against Florida.

We have an actual real life example of a team winning it all on their 3rd string QB but we wanna leave an undefeated team out of the final 4 because one guy got hurt? Fuck everything about that. They beat Louisville, they earned it.

Edited by Pam Cummings

22 minutes ago, BluTechsan said:

no

the justification will be that the UT loss to OU > Bama the loss UT > the UGA loss to Bama

333.png&h=60&w=60

No. 8 Alabama: Path to the playoff: Win the SEC and hope Texas loses. Or win the SEC and have Florida State lose; that would leave Michigan, the Pac-12 champion, Alabama and Texas in the top four. The selection committee would consider one-loss Georgia and one-loss Ohio State in this scenario, but it would be difficult for them to justify, considering Alabama would have knocked off its top team, and Texas would have a win against the SEC champs. If Texas loses but Florida State wins, the top four could be Michigan, the Pac-12 champion, Florida State and Alabama.

With an 88% chance of beating Okie Lite, if Texas loses followed by FSU or Michigan losing, it will go down as one of the most EPIC losses and chokes in UT history.

Better have some extra terabytes or something Immamac, because this board will meltdown through China, past the moon, and create a black hole out past Jupiter. A black hole with a burnt orange event horizon!

Edited by BevoAbyss

8 minutes ago, Jewish Wang said:

You sound like a huge pussy. Mommy wont give you her bank account or something?

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Ohio State is ranked above us right now because their loss is to an undefeated Michigan while ours is to a 2-loss OU. 

We will jump OSU when we win Saturday by having a Conference Championship.

The lowest we can be as a conference champion is #5 regardless of the other outcomes.

We get to the Top 4 depending on what happens with the other games.

• Hook 'Em 6

Where I’ve seen a lot of confusion is people using the same season long metrics for the final ranking. Conference championship win is a major variable that has to be considered for the final ranking. For this reason, Ohio State is basically dead in the water without an epic parlay level of help, Washington is out if they lose, and I believe UGA is out if they lose. Basically, I think any 1 loss conference champion is in over any one loss conference runner up. 

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

With an 88% chance of beating Okie Lite, if Texas loses followed by FSU or Michigan losing, it will go down as one of the most EPIC losses and chokes in UT history.

Better have some extra terabytes or something Immamac, because this board will meltdown through China, past the moon, and create a black hole out past Jupiter. A black hole with a burnt orange event horizon!

What if another pandemic breaks out during the game, or a meteor falls on DKR?  

Qualifying this, of course, with (a) it is more straight-forward if FSU loses and (b) the committee will do whatever they want/screw us/yadddi yaddi, beyond hearing support for us on ESPN last night, while listening to CFB podcasts today, I am at least encouraged that both Joel Klatt and Heather Dinich (and there have been others) think that if Bama wins, we will be in as well if we win because the head-to-head victory will be respected.

Edited by mdleast

6 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Me too. I keep hearing people say "Oregon would beat up on FSU if they played". Based on what? The backup settled in and played a nice game against Florida.

We have an actual real life example of a team winning it all on their 3rd string QB but we wanna leave an undefeated team out of the final 4 because one guy got hurt? Fuck everything about that. They beat Louisville, they earned it.

Played nicely? He was 12-25 for 125 yards and was super lucky Florida dropped at least 2 easy pick sixes. FSU won that game in spite of him, not because of him.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, mdleast said:

Qualifying this, of course, with (a) it is more straight-forward if FSU loses and (b) the committee will do whatever they want/screw us/yadddi yaddi, beyond hearing support for us on ESPN last night, while listening to CFB podcasts today, I am at least encouraged that both Joel Klatt and Heather Dinich (and there have been others) think that if Bama wins, we will be in as well if we win.

as in, everyone is lobbying for Fraud FSU to be left out for Texas? Sign me up for that flavor of fucking kool-aid. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Jewish Wang said:

The only thing the tOUS ranking indicates is that our chances of jumping champ Oregon are close to zero.  There is no situation where tOSU is still in front of a conference champ on Sunday unless that champ is OKstate, Iowa, or Louisville (none of which will have a playoff spot).  It's just to ensure tOSU gets the spot if all choas breaks loose.     

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I don't think OSU ranking is a big deal with regard to them potentially sneaking into the playoffs. I think it's a big indicator of how the committee views us & illustrates our inability to sneak into the playoffs. 2 weeks ago I would have argued (and I actually may have argued) that UT could sneak in over UO &/or FSU if we looked good the last 2 weeks while winning the Big 12 & Bama won the SEC. I thought the Bama win + Bama winning the SEC + common opponent with UO (TTU) would be the catapult we needed to jump an ugly 13-0 FSU or even 12-1 UO. OSU being ranked above us squashes that argument because it can no longer be viewed as us nipping at UO's heels. Instead of UO being 5a and UT 5b it's more like UW is 3a & UO is 3b while UT is solidly 7. The championship games will allow us to move up to 5th (maybe) but not higher than that without upsets happening.

1 minute ago, hook me said:

I don't think OSU ranking is a big deal with regard to them potentially sneaking into the playoffs. I think it's a big indicator of how the committee views us & illustrates our inability to sneak into the playoffs. 2 weeks ago I would have argued (and I actually may have argued) that UT could sneak in over UO &/or FSU if we looked good the last 2 weeks while winning the Big 12 & Bama won the SEC. I thought the Bama win + Bama winning the SEC + common opponent with UO (TTU) would be the catapult we needed to jump an ugly 13-0 FSU or even 12-1 UO. OSU being ranked above us squashes that argument because it can no longer be viewed as us nipping at UO's heels. Instead of UO being 5a and UT 5b it's more like UW is 3a & UO is 3b while UT is solidly 7. The championship games will allow us to move up to 5th (maybe) but not higher than that without upsets happening.

Actual Rankings:
Georgia 1
Michigan 2
UW 3a
UO 3b
FSU 5a
Texas 5b
Alabama 5c
tOSU 6

• Hook 'Em 5

11 minutes ago, ITHorn said:

Played nicely? He was 12-25 for 125 yards and was super lucky Florida dropped at least 2 easy pick sixes. FSU won that game in spite of him, not because of him.

That's no shit. Dumbass Napier with the double reverse flea flicker after getting the ball at midfield up 12-0 was the biggest turning point in that game. instead of going up 15 or 19 they punt, FSU drives for a TD, & UF misses the FG at half. Huge mistake on top of all the dumb penalties let FSU escape. Rodemaker was an absolute liability for most of the game.

• Rage+1 1

I saw in an article that no team ranked 7 or lower in the penultimate rankings has ever moved up to the top 4 in the final rankings.  I think the caveat this year is the head-to-head of two teams rated in top 6 (loser will not remain in top 4, and the possibility of the upset for another undefeated (FSU) in the top 4 who will for sure drop out in the event they lose. As well as the Buckeyes "placeholder" spot in the top 6 in case of emergency.

Edited by orange dream

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]