Coach Sark Press Conference 11.6 - Sometime after 11:00am, but before 11:40am LHN

BigOrange1

3 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

If Ewers is still ailing but can go, I could see Sark starting Maalik to try to see if he can get through the game without using Quinn

This is where I'm at.  ou losing has changed the decision tree.  We command our destiny.  Give Maalik another chance.  If it goes sideways, don't flinch, out in Ewars to get the game back on track.

But keep the gameplan run-centric so tcubwill be out of gas by the 4th.  We have a stable full of guys and a line that should work the cockroaches over.

1 minute ago, freyguy said:

This is where I'm at.  ou losing has changed the decision tree.  We command our destiny.  Give Maalik another chance.  If it goes sideways, don't flinch, out in Ewars to get the game back on track.

But keep the gameplan run-centric so tcubwill be out of gas by the 4th.  We have a stable full of guys and a line that should work the cockroaches over.

Agreed and would be ok seeing a rotation of Baxter and Blue unless Brooks needed just to get him some more rest as well.

2 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

If Ewers isn't healthy enough to play and doesn't suit up, I don't see him playing at all. 

Yeah.  This isn't something like James Brown being able to play against aggy in 1995 on a gimpy ankle.  If Quinn isn't starting, I think it means he's not healthy enough to play one minute.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

What if he wears his uniform, but wears dress shoes instead of cleats? Or a fedora instead of a helmet?

Don't be fatuous, Henry.  You don't put a fedora on flowing locks like his.  It's visor, trucker gimme hat, or maybe...maybe...maybe...a Panama Hat if the mesh is proper.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

If Ewers is still ailing but can go, I could see Sark starting Maalik to try to see if he can get through the game without using Quinn

There is no way Sark can do that with Conference Championship and playoffs all still possibilities. You cant throw Maalik out there and get down 14-0 on turnovers and just throw Ewers in. That would be a fireable offense. Not to mention you would lose the entre team, if he was ever that stupid

Edited by Codaxx

2 hours ago, Codaxx said:

There is no way Sark can do that with Conference Championship and playoffs all still possibilities. You cant throw Maalik out there and get down 14-0 on turnovers and just throw Ewers in. That would be a fireable offense. Not to mention you would lose the entre team, if he was ever that stupid

This is the stretch run, everything out there to play for. I could see him rushing his timeline to get out there and help in whatever way he can. 

If Quinn plays, but he can’t play through the discomfort, then bring MM in and run the ball until they give you the deep shot.