What is your fight record?

closetohumping

I'd bet 80% of you nancies ain't ever been in a real fight.  Of course, then you got guys like Kevin wrestling pit bulls and pagolins.

Me? I'm 1-1.  

My only win happened when I was in 7th grade.  One of my offensive lineman punched me and I hit him with my patented jab/cross and stopped him in his tracks.  He just shook my hand and said "good hit."

Second fight I lost.  Happened in 9th grade, to a handicapped kid.  Physical handicap, not mental. He had one of those baby arms. He didn't have downs or palsy or anything like that.  Anyways, while handicapped, he was also mouthy.  One day he was pushing my buttons and I took a wild ass swing at him.  I missed and somehow, he managed to get me in a  front headlock during the scramble.  So, while he was holding my head with the good arm, he was beating me with the baby arm.  I pushed him against the locker and eventually took him to the ground but the teachers came and broke it up before I could get a clean shot.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Never have been in a fight as an adult.

probably 50-50 as a kid/ teen.  Never really lost to kids my age because I was used to fighting( and losing) with my older brothers.

I think we're too old to remember to even remember shit like this, but I'm sure we've got some tough guys on here with a 37-1 record, 24 by KO.  I had a fair amount of fisticuffs growing up in a working class Chicago neighborhood with Irish, Poles, and Italians.  Most of whom could handle themselves.  I'm probably like you, at about .500 pct or so over a dozen brawls or so from 12-18.  Get to college, a couple of just drunken group brawls like everybody else, nothing terribly serious.    NO real winners there except those that aren't arrested.  Some fights while traveling abroad but usually over before they start which works out well.  One gig while working with DIA got weird overseas but thankfully, those guys can diffuse shit toot sweet.  

Really only two serious fights with criminal implications I was involved with after adulthood---was got mugged by two guys in my mid 20's in San Antonio and had the shit beat outta me and I had to hobble to my friend's house avoiding going into a coma.  Around the same time, a guy got me at the wrong time at the wrong place saying the wrong thing about a loved one.  He could have easily taken me in my middle-age state but I was amped up on adrenaline and alcohol and drugs.  Found out later on he didn't eat right for a year. 

I think about that Louis episode where the high school kid threatens him and he backs down despite being older because the kid is just faster and meaner.  I'd like to think if my kids were in harm's way, I could summon some kinda super dad strength but at my age now...I'd probably be an easy knockout.  Which sucks.  So I hope I don't get in another fight for the rest of my life because my modicum of skills and speed have long since passed me by.  I have no illusions at 47 about kicking ass on a dime. 

The last guy that crossed me though, it was mostly business.  But he did threaten my physically but we both tacitly knew we weren't gonna even bother with the sad charade.  But he shot himself in the driver's seat of the H2 he bought with our money.  Second guy I've driven to do that.  So that's kind of a fun twist on not being able to brawl anymore.  Cool superpower I didn't know I had when I was getting my ass whopped in 8th grade.    

• Hook 'Em 1

0-1 in elementary school.  I smarted off to a kid much bigger than me.  My friends warned me, but I didn't listen.  Took two punches in in like 1/10 of a second.  Proud to say I didn't back down or cry.  10 minutes later we were friends, playing football.

2-0 in middle school.  

0-0-1 in college.  I got into a braw on the intramural brother fields.  Some dude dude from Sigma Chi (I think) spiked a ball on my friend's head, I punched him, and the benches cleared.  They did an all-call over the intercom to get all the other field refs to break up the brawl.  

• Hook 'Em 1

A lot to a little. 

I competed a bit. Mostly smokers... a few times in some side action. been knocked out a few times. I think about 7 times.  A few times cold,  a few times I stayed fighting but don't remember what happened. 

Got jumped on a few times. 

Tried to fight a guy with a gun during a thing... 2 guys trying to "rob" me... I'm pretty sure it was more than that. Got shot.  Died a couple times. 

Haven't been in a good tussle for about 15 years.  Last fight beat the shit out of a guy who charged me.  Teep to the chest,  a few to the face while he was still charging... threw a wizzer reversal when he actually grabbed me then mounted him and elbowed him til he stopped trying. 

Anyways... not much of a Nancy, but I've slowed down a lot since I got in the straight and narrow

• Hook 'Em 4

2-0 in elementary school. More like I punched and ran the fuck away before they could chase me down.

0-0-1 in middle school. We got in a pretty good scuffle on the playground. I had him in a head lock and bloodied up his face. He left me with good scratch marks on my back.

My dad would come home drunk and excitedly try to teach us how to punch and fight.. An adult should have surmised that an elementary aged kid would take the new tools he had just learned and try to use them as soon as possible, so one some level I found it unfair I'd get in trouble for fighting at school. Plus, those were the most excited we'd see him get. It wasn't until later I learned the bright, wet eyes were not evoked due to the subject matter and his young kids, but the booze.

I still remember the first time I bloodied a kids nose. It felt great. The kid was bigger than me, and older than me, and I was scared of course, but I couldn't show it. Straight jab right on the button of the nose. It was like I had popped something with the way the blood poured out of the nostrils, or like the knobs had been turned on a Kohler. At that young age-- probably 9 or 10-- the initial sharp pain and the mere presence of blood was enough to wave the white flag and determine clear-cut winners and losers. So for a couple of years I had the straight jab to the nose in my bag of tricks. It wasn't until I was probably 11 or 12 and a kids older brother hit me with an aluminum Easton baseball bat that I employed a little discretion to who I'd fight.

I played varsity sports, so I got bigger and stronger and meaner through weight training and physical competition. I didn't fear much and enjoyed the thrilling nature of brawls. I got to where I even enjoyed losing, or at least taking shots and laughing about it over drinks shortly after. A black eye or cut was a deal toy for me, a source of pride. It was around college that I got fearless. Regularly fighting in West Campus and Dirty 6th and even strip clubs and drug houses. When properly loaded, there was a lot of checks being written by a fast mouth. In hindsight it's a blessing that I never was killed with some of the more psychotic behaviors. Too many fights to remember, really, as they were mostly transitory and transactional; another entry onto the general fighting ledger, where wins were profit and loss was loss, all totaling to a bottom line that, to my own biased perspective, felt like it was more in the black (eyes) than in the red (blood).

I fought good friends twice, both times it was one of those things that was simmering and we had to have it out to remain friends. It sounds like something a horrible friend would say, but honestly in both cases these fights made us closer and we had more respect for one another afterwards. I was 1-1 on those fights.  One time I got stomped in the head and one time I busted open the guys cheek and eye. Both times we hugged it out and drank afterwards. Remembering these fights I believe helped us to more patient with one another and not cross any lines of disrespect, the threat of what happens when that line is crossed already been witnessed.

I'm an old man now. Age and gravity and the atrophy of the male biological standards has continued their slow, unstoppable creep that aims to one day swallow up this ole body of mine. My dominant shoulder is bad. I have weak legs now. And of course have a more mature brain that knows of things like risk management and cost and benefit analysis.

The last fight I think I got into was 2010 after UCLA beat us and I got into with a young buck UCLA guy at a bar. He was in the peak of his life-- mid 20's and strapping probably 6'2 or 6'3-- I remembered that air of infallibility he had and probably subconsciously a part of me resented it as I was rapidly on my descent. It was in a shorter order than my pride would have liked that we tussled over a pool table and onto the floor, where I was subdued.

That was my sign and I hadn't fought in earnest since. Like Cal Weathers told Lightning McQueen in Cars 3 when the rookies seemed too fast and strong for the old guys, when asked, "When do you know it's time to retire?" he answered, "The young guys will tell ya."

I do sometimes wonder if, pun halfway intended, push were to come to shove, could I hold my own in fisticuffs anymore and I don't know.

I have more than a creep of doubt and fear which keeps me honest in my peacekeeping ambitions these days. In modern times I feel like I can't trust my eyeballs anymore. Some little 170 pound twerp could be an amazing Jujitsu or Brazilian MMA guy as that discipline has gotten popular the last 20 years or someone with a gun is always a possibility.

It's a different world.

Edited by BeardIP
  • Hook 'Em 1

4-2 from I remember, I got my ass kicked in high school once and really really took an ass whooping at the Knights Inn in Pensacola in the navy days although that wasn’t even numbered. Not a big fighter for the most part but if we got to throw hands I’m down whenever 

• Hook 'Em 1

Total dumbass and prone to violence as a young man. Who knows how many fights I’ve been in, but it’s a ton. After I got out of the service the second time and realized just how easy it is to get permanently fucked up from a random street fight I calmed my ass down and I’m downright Ghandi-esque today. Just a couple of obvious scars so I guess I did ok, but if you’ve never had your ass kicked then you’ve never been in many real fights.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

My worst encounter was getting hit in the head with a bat.

I remember nothing, but my friends on site remember everything.

Absolute horror ensued from what I'm told.

Yikes, you are lucky to still be with us after being brained by a bat. I’ve been hit with a bat a time or two but never in the dome, thank God.

• Like 1

My last one was 2 years ago. I'd say it was a draw.  I won initially.. it was broken up- as I was walking away he jumped on my back and got a choke on me, I absolutely would've passed out if someone didn't intervene.  It had been a long time since I'd been in a fight, my fists hurt for a looong time. I'm too old for this nonsense.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, YGIFS said:

The last guy that crossed me though, it was mostly business.  But he did threaten my physically but we both tacitly knew we weren't gonna even bother with the sad charade.  But he shot himself in the driver's seat of the H2 he bought with our money.  Second guy I've driven to do that.  So that's kind of a fun twist on not being able to brawl anymore.  Cool superpower I didn't know I had when I was getting my ass whopped in 8th grade.    

Stand Up What GIF by 800 Pound Gorilla Media

Edited by WinningIsHard
furk

I punted this stranger dude in the face at an all out beer joint brawl that he started.  Left him out cold in a puddle of blood only to find out 20 years later he had nearly died and had had a lengthy hospital stay.  Turns out he was notorious in and around Coleman as a bully that had beat the living shit out of many people including his tiny wife.  Some 20 years later his wife told an friend of mine that she was sure he was someday going to kill her or someone else until that fateful night and in fact he had gone around town on an apology tour afterwards and was a change man and husband.

I guess I came pretty close to a murder charge.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

I have not been in a fight since adulthood. As a teenager had a few scraps where I came out on top.
I started training BJJ in 2006 and since then I really try to avoid physical altercations. Not claiming my hands need to be registered as lethal weapons hahaha, but one of the best things you learn is to try and avoid a fight.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I have not been in a fight since adulthood. As a teenager had a few scraps where I came out on top.
I started training BJJ in 2006 and since then I really try to avoid physical altercations. Not claiming my hands need to be registered as lethal weapons hahaha, but one of the best things you learn is to try and avoid a fight.

This is true, I don't think I've ever been in a fight that I didn't walk away from without pain.  If I won, my hands were pretty banged up, if I lost yep, in pain.  I wasn't bad at it, but avoiding it is a lot easier.  Mind you, I played ice hockey so that grossly inflates my record in terms of total bouts (I'd say 25 out of 30 or so).  

I'd guess my record at about 10-10-10.  Pretty much even win/loss/draw, at least in the immediate aftermath.  100% loss rate after the fact, always banged up.

I consider myself long retired, and don't suggest it to anyone.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ten Bears said:

I punted this stranger dude in the face at an all out beer joint brawl that he started.  Left him out cold in a puddle of blood only to find out 20 years later he had nearly died and had had a lengthy hospital stay.  Turns out he was notorious in and around Coleman as a bully that had beat the living shit out of many people including his tiny wife.  Some 20 years later his wife told an friend of mine that she was sure he was someday going to kill her or someone else until that fateful night and in fact he had gone around town on an apology tour afterwards and was a change man and husband.

I guess I came pretty close to a murder charge.

How do you go from no charges at all or murder charge? Just curious, but not assault charge or attempted murder or something? Again, not at all sure how that works as it seems charging people with crimes for a fair fist fight is a newer thing. Back in my day, a fair fight (without weapons), and especially if you lost, was the consequence. Didn’t need to add charges on top of it.

Edited by BeardIP

No clue how many kid fights I got into, but probably about .500 on that. My attitude changed in 8th grade, after an altercation. This one kid decided he wanted to fight me. I have no idea why. He sneaked up behind me and kicked me in the small of the back when I was approaching a stairwell. I kinda snapped into a robot zone, grabbed him, and started to throw him over the railing. An older student grabbed him back and walked off. The older student never said anything to either of us, and I didn't recognize him, but after I calmed down, I realized I was in the process of throwing that kid head first over a railing with about a twenty foot drop to concrete stairs. I started avoiding altercations after that. 

Did some karate after I got older. Don't remember how many matches I had, but I know I knocked two people out, and got knocked out once. 

The kid that wanted to fight me wasn't a good fighter, and he went around trying to pick fights a lot. A few years after I graduated, I heard he had gotten killed in a fight. It started me wondering what kind of fucked up home life he had to spend most of his life picking fights he was going to lose. The junior high I went to was the one where the kids from the state home and the methodist home attended. I was too young to realize it then, but there were a lot of tragic backstories on that campus. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Richard Kimball said:

No clue how many kid fights I got into, but probably about .500 on that. My attitude changed in 8th grade, after an altercation. This one kid decided he wanted to fight me. I have no idea why. He sneaked up behind me and kicked me in the small of the back when I was approaching a stairwell. I kinda snapped into a robot zone, grabbed him, and started to throw him over the railing. An older student grabbed him back and walked off. The older student never said anything to either of us, and I didn't recognize him, but after I calmed down, I realized I was in the process of throwing that kid head first over a railing with about a twenty foot drop to concrete stairs. I started avoiding altercations after that. 

Did some karate after I got older. Don't remember how many matches I had, but I know I knocked two people out, and got knocked out once. 

The kid that wanted to fight me wasn't a good fighter, and he went around trying to pick fights a lot. A few years after I graduated, I heard he had gotten killed in a fight. It started me wondering what kind of fucked up home life he had to spend most of his life picking fights he was going to lose. The junior high I went to was the one where the kids from the state home and the methodist home attended. I was too young to realize it then, but there were a lot of tragic backstories on that campus. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1-0-1. Both around 12 years or so old. The win was a one swing roundhouse. He had enough. It was a neighborhood tiff. The second was a fight during PE. The gym teacher broke us up and made us hug it out.

I have had three more “opportunities” in adulthood. Luckily none of them materialized. All three had the other party being extremely drunk while I was completely sober.

Not saying that I was a “Kevin” thinking I could whip any animal, but as things were escalating I was checking out any surrounding advantage that I could use and had placed myself strategically. You know, “old age and treachery will outdo youth and exuberance”. At least that was what I was telling myself!

• Hook 'Em 1