Iceland about to get its shit wrecked?

Fudge Nuggets

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, PTINS said:

“i’m sorry, but you have no coverage for your house being burned down…”

But there is no exclusion for volcanoes in the policy - I checked!!!

“Sir, if you look at paragraph 27…right after “wood boring insects or termites”, it says ‘magma related events’ ”

Edited by Gatorubet

Drone footage from a little over an hour and a half ago before sunset. It seems they've built an earthen dam to divert the lava away from town. That doesn't help where the fissure formed, but it seems to be working somewhat. 

19 hours ago, bolverk said:

Drone footage from a little over an hour and a half ago before sunset. It seems they've built an earthen dam to divert the lava away from town. That doesn't help where the fissure formed, but it seems to be working somewhat. 

Yeah, I saw Tommy Lee Jones do that and it worked then too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 1/19/2024 at 11:40 AM, SydneyCarton said:

Since I'm not a Volconologist, but I assume Surly has at least 3-4, aren't these fisures going to be open for, like, years? Like, that town is toast, I assume, right?

The last eruptive event in Reykjanes was in the 13th century and ran approximately 30 years and so yeah with Fagradalsfjall volcano erupting in March of 2021 we are basically 10% of the way there. History doesn't necessarily repeat but it does rhyme so Grindavik will be in harms way for a while as a guess.

• 1 month later...