Carnoustie - 2018 Open Championship

Wally Fairway

Some BIG names sitting at -5.
Think any of them have a chance? They are 4 back now.
Have to think one of the five guys between -6 and -9 right now will get to at least -11 tomorrow, which would mean the -5 guys would need a 65.
Today’s low round when the course was laying down for the most part was a 64.

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

Some BIG names sitting at -5.
Think any of them have a chance? They are 4 back now.
Have to think one of the five guys between -6 and -9 right now will get to at least -11 tomorrow, which would mean the -5 guys would need a 65.
Today’s low round when the course was laying down for the most part was a 64.

everything depends on the weather, if it's blowing a steady 20, ain't nobody shooting 65.

Molinari has been on a world class roll lately.  He was my pick before the week started.  I feel like he's got the best chance of the dudes 3 shots back or more.  But he'll need some help.

Yeah I picked him in a pool I’m in as well.
Wish he weren’t paired with Tiger though.

3 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

It’s going to be more windy so he’ll have to play a little differently. But he has the best head so he should be the favorite.

Yeah, hate to say this, but that head will explode sometimes tomorrow. I said it before. I don't think he has a chance.

If not Jordan, would like to see Tiger get his 15th first come from behind major. I'll just tune out the media and the Tiger fan bois for a couple weeks.

If either Web or ZJ, I'll turn it off and pretend it didnt happen.

What's the cutoff point for contenders today?  I'm thinking anyone -5 or better right now is still in it.  I think Spieth would have to be the guy to put money on.  If he falters I don't see a clear #2 favorite.  You have a bunch of guys without much experience contending in the final round of a major, and a couple with a lot of experience but who knows what you will get with them on any given day (Rory and Tiger).  If Spieth blows up it could be glorious havoc with the rest of the field.  I don't see Spieth blowing up but this is probably the most unpredictable major they play.   One thing for sure, with the top of the field as tight as it is anyone who Van Der Veldes a hole (or Fowler's it if they are playing #6) is going to be out of it.  If the wind blows everyone is going to make some bogies, but not everyone is going to make triple bogies.

Tiger finally seems calm as can be on a Sunday in a tournament this year.  I can't put my finger on it other than he just looks relaxed and dialed in.  Jordan a little punchy off the 1st tee, but have to think that's to be expected.

That said, Tiger's got a testy par putt here at 2.

Edited by McCroskey

3 minutes ago, Jimbaround said:

The commercials are ridiculous. I feel like we watch three minutes of golf and then get two minutes of commercials. Hopefully they are front-loading so we can have fewer as it comes down to the wire.

I hope this is the case, too.  Yesterday they were only running about 30 seconds of commercials near the end, and not as often as I recall.