Formula 1 2024

Anton Chigurh

Idk how they keep him next year. Dude is broken. Maybe he can get it somewhere else but he isn't going to do shit next year in a car that is in line w everyone else on the grid.

18th at Monaco is unacceptable 

• Haha 1

If the team was super solid and not everyone hating each other like they are now, then yes I could see that. But when there’s all sorts of camps inside the team, they’re not gonna agree to shit (hell it’s already showing).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

I think he is out over the summer break. I think they bring in Lawson or sign Bearman away from Ferrari.

I'd assume Ferrari isn't gonna fumble the bag like Alpine did with Oscar P. Leclerc

At this point, idk what they do. Dude has been just so bad in quali. Evidently they are keeping Danny for some reason  I think Yuki  is fine but that's it. Doubt they pull Checo but idk how they can possibly keep him next year at this rate. Just so horrid 

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, texas08 said:

They’re not cutting him mid season and replacing him w basically an unknown factor. 

Yeah he hasn't been great, but he got caught in traffic like Alonso did (twice on his last lap).  In Q1, the difference between P7 VER and P16 ALO was 0.3s.  From P7 VER to P18 PER, it was 0.35s. The effect of the traffic was massive.

I know I've said it before, but I'm tired of the clusterfuck of everyone qualifying at once, esp at shorter, smaller tracks. IMHO there was a lot to be said for the old way, where you could actually see everyone's laps, and they started with the slowest cars and built the tension as every new car that hit the track was was a little farther up the food chain than the last. It was awesome, imho.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 3

Red Bull could easily be caught in the constructors if Perez keeps shitting the bed. They could be within close range after this weekend in fact. No way Horner is going to allow that. If Red Bull is in 2nd place at the break, then Checo is out - guaranteed.

Normal Monaco, congrats to Leclerc.

Hamilton with his typical whiny bitch radio message after his pit stop. "Why didn't you tell me the out lap was critical?" Well, Lewis, if you couldn't figure that out on your own then you're a moron. Obviously we know he knew it, he just likes to get on the radio to make sure everyone knows it's never his fault. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Normal Monaco, congrats to Leclerc.

Hamilton with his typical whiny bitch radio message after his pit stop. "Why didn't you tell me the out lap was critical?" Well, Lewis, if you couldn't figure that out on your own then you're a moron. Obviously we know he knew it, he just likes to get on the radio to make sure everyone knows it's never his fault. 

Trying to set the narrative that the reason George is Albon-ing him (I think it's 9-0?) since Vegas last year is because the team is screwing him - not because he's no longer a top top driver.

He better get used to finishing 2nd on his team though, Chuck is very very good at quali.

7 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Red Bull could easily be caught in the constructors if Perez keeps shitting the bed. They could be within close range after this weekend in fact. No way Horner is going to allow that. If Red Bull is in 2nd place at the break, then Checo is out - guaranteed.

Today's results drop Checo to 5th in the driver's standings, and brings Ferrari within 24 points of the constructor's. I think you're right; those need to be trending the other direction by the break, or there could be a shake-up.

They still have the best car by a decent margin, but obviously not like last year, where Max would have still dominated the constructor's title all by himself.

Sergio can't qualify 11th and just expect to get up to 3rd on Sunday because the car is so much faster than everyone else anymore. He gets a little pass for this weekend because, if Max qualifies P6, the car really was total crap. But qualifying P18 puts you within reach of the Kevin Magnussens and Logan Sargeants of the world.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Yeesh. If you can't come close to passing someone on 70 lap old tires when you have fresh tires and are posting lap times 3-4 seconds faster, what is the point?

It used to happen at least some of the time, but these fucking cars are just huge. So stupid. Switching to this PU formula has screwed up the racing so many ways.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Posted (edited)

One turn race. Good for Charles. 

The one bit of strategy, the pit stop (over/under cut/traffic etc) was taken from us after one lap.  

Max is right. Not sure what they could do with tires/stops/ or running a 3/5 scale version of the same car to make it an actual race. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

One turn race. Good for Charles. 

The one bit of strategy, the pit stop (over/under cut/traffic etc) was taken from us after one lap.  

Max is right. Not sure what they could do with tires/stops/ or running a 3/5 scale version of the same car to make it an actual race. 

At least Saturday quali was fairly entertaining. That's the best part of the weekend. That and the grid walk lol. They way Brundle told Mbappe's handler to GTFO was glorious.

Edited by MadTrapper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Switch to karts just for this one.

Man, I'd pay big money to see that. I'd love to see all the drivers run a kart race on a kart track for every GP. It'd be fantastic.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just for this one race can we try 2 mandatory pit stops, have to use all 3 tire compounds, red flags don't count as pit stops.      If you can't pass anyway, at least add in mandatory strategy. 

I am happy Charles got the win.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

I like that idea. It’s a terrible track that delivers terrible racing. Or they can just have them on Little Rascals or hoverboards.

Hoverboards and pool noodles as weapons. I’d PPV that. 

3 hours ago, MadTrapper said:

At least Saturday quali was fairly entertaining. That's the best part of the weekend. That and the grid walk lol. They way Brundle told Mbappe's handler to GTFO was glorious.

But then he dismissed Alexandra Daddario to talk to VVD. Poor choice. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I think he was annoyed at her duplicative self-promoting responses. 

Let’s see I’ll be on Mayfair Witches but I’ll also be going to as many F1 races as I can. 

Oh, really? Where are we going to see you again?

Mayfair Witches. 

• Haha 2