Week 14, 2023, Texas v Washington, College Football Playoff Edition

Wulaw Horn

3 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

... and Crawford /notgreatBob.gif

Matthew Broderick GIF

Crawford's interception is his only bright flash at Safety that I'm aware of. Otherwise, it's been one big cringefest. So much potential if his bulb would come on and stay on.

Taafe and Thompson do make plays though. You know they're both going to get burned and cost us, but they also get entries on the positive side of the ledger.

• Hook 'Em 1

Washington's a great team, but their SOR at #1 is a complete red herring. It's based entirely on the premise that the PAC was solid competition this year... Traditionally, their OOC opponents would've been decently strong...

But it gets really ugly if you look into it further: 

-Washington beat Mel Tucker's 4-8 Michigan State (congrats)

-Oregon beat 6-6 "dark horse" Texas Tech by 8 on a last-minute pick six (lol)

-"#14" Arizona lost to a Zach Arnett led 5-7 Mississippi State (lol)

-Cal lost at home to a 6-6 Auburn team who got mudholed by New Mexico State (lol)

-Arizona State lost to OSU at home by 12 when Gundy was still rotating QBs (lol)

-Utah beat 5-7 Florida at home by 13 and 3-9 Baylor due to a controversial PI no call

-Wazzu beat a 7-5 Wisconsin squad who was breaking in a new coach

-Colorado beat 5-7 TCU by 3 with healthy Shadeur / Hunter and before Deion had put anything on film

-USC lost by 28 and Stanford lost by 33 to 9-3 Notre Dame

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

You think Texas struggled at home with an overmatched in-state opponent like Washington struggled with Washington State? You don't just stroll into TDECU Stadium or Amon Carter Stadium and expect an easy W. 

Certainly we dont.

Which is why that game against Wazzou doesn't mean much. We are getting the PAC 12 Title Game version of Washington.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

You think Texas struggled at home with an overmatched in-state opponent like Washington struggled with Washington State? You don't just stroll into TDECU Stadium or Amon Carter Stadium and expect an easy W. 

@Beau Vine clearly doesn't know what murderer's row looks like

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

47 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Washington's a great team, but their SOR at #1 is a complete red herring. It's based entirely on the premise that the PAC was solid competition this year... Traditionally, their OOC opponents would've been decently strong...

But it gets really ugly if you look into it further: 

-Washington beat Mel Tucker's 4-8 Michigan State (congrats)

-Oregon beat 6-6 "dark horse" Texas Tech by 8 on a last-minute pick six (lol)

-"#14" Arizona lost to a Zach Arnett led 5-7 Mississippi State (lol)

-Cal lost at home to a 6-6 Auburn team who got mudholed by New Mexico State (lol)

-Arizona State lost to OSU at home by 12 when Gundy was still rotating QBs (lol)

-Utah beat 5-7 Florida at home by 13 and 3-9 Baylor due to a controversial PI no call

-Wazzu beat a 7-5 Wisconsin squad who was breaking in a new coach

-Colorado beat 5-7 TCU by 3 with healthy Shadeur / Hunter and before Deion had put anything on film

-USC lost by 28 and Stanford lost by 33 to 9-3 Notre Dame

Christ that's fairly damning. 

On 12/3/2023 at 12:32 PM, Armybrat said:

Why do they hate Sark?

As Texans like to say, Sark is all hat, no cattle. At UW, he was all about flash, with very little substance. He was known for his drinking and philandering, and he earned the nickname "Seven Win Steve". He almost always lost big games, and had a never ending supply of excuses. USC did us a HUGE favor when they took him off our hands. Any UW fan who knew shit was glad to see him go. It opened the door for us to upgrade massively with Chris Petersen. It was hilarious to watch him continue his bullshit at USC, and the final straw being a loss to UW in LA in 2015 was delicious. Getting canned at SC definitely humbled him, and I think spending time with Saban was very beneficial for him. I don't think Sark is the same clown who coached at UW. I don't really hate him, but I will relish beating him again on January 1st. Also, if you spend much time at Hardcore Husky, you'll come to realize one thing: we hate everyone.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 9
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

22 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Vic Mackey will no doubt sign up, but don’t expect the rest of us to be into that.

@Mitch Cumsteen has already been over there this week fighting the good fight. 

I've always though highly of UW as a school, but their posters are pretty awful at "trolling." Like, /b/ in 2009 levels bad. The trick to a good troll is to mix in as much truth as you can, and make the opinion bad but not so bad that it's unbelievable. 

The UW posters that have come over here - and a lot of them on their board - basically think the below image is the pinnacle of internet humor:

BlP6StFCQAAmgU7.jpg

It's disappointing. You try to talk football with them and it quickly becomes clear that's not what they're interested in. They just want to project their opinions into the ether and enjoy the feeling of satisfaction they get from the projection. They don't really want to learn anything or come away with any new insight. 

Now some of them, I'm sure, are nice people. But the majority I've been dealing with parrot the same talking points and cannot even begin to grok my responses. It's like arguing with a dementia patient. 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, EsophagealFeces said:

As Texans like to say, Sark is all hat, no cattle. At UW, he was all about flash, with very little substance. He was known for his drinking and philandering, and he earned the nickname "Seven Win Steve". He almost always lost big games, and had a never ending supply of excuses. USC did us a HUGE favor when they took him off our hands. Any UW fan who knew shit was glad to see him go. It opened the door for us to upgrade massively with Chris Petersen. It was hilarious to watch him continue his bullshit at USC, and the final straw being a loss to UW in LA in 2015 was delicious. Getting canned at SC definitely humbled him, and I think spending time with Saban was very beneficial for him. I don't think Sark is the same clown who coached at UW. I don't really hate him, but I will relish beating him again on January 1st. Also, if you spend much time at Hardcore Husky, you'll come to realize one thing: we hate everyone.

Welcome to the board, and fuck you!

2 minutes ago, WilburHooksHand said:

pretty good idea nobody has tried to attack penix on passing downs yet.

With our dline. I don't necessarily mean blitzing. I'll also add that those that could pressure him seemed to do a pretty good job of disrupting your offense. 

Edited by Dahobbs

My prediction....if we score a TD every time we get in the red zone, we beat Washington by double digits. I will be in the Seattle area this holiday season. I saw that the Texas Exes meet at a Tex Mex place in Seattle but I need to find a rowdy sports bar. Some place with an edge. I like to live in the fast line. I'll be drunk by halftime and I'll start doing silly little backflips. 

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

They seem largely confident over there, btw.

Let's see how they feel after we break them.

the reality is we can be confident too but who the fuck knows.  I think all three games this year will be damn good ones. last 4 minutes of the 4th quarter, who makes the plays. the rest of the time is just making sure you're in the game when the last 4 minutes begins. cruel sport man.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, ztejas said:

They seem largely confident over there, btw.

Let's see how they feel after we break them.

Why wouldn't we be confident? We beat you less than a year ago, returned almost everyone important from that team, and added Jabbar Muhammad, Dillon Johnson, and Germie Bernard. We've been beat up as shit all year long, our guys are finally getting healthy, and we have several weeks for them to heal up even more. Your coach was so in his own head about playing us last year, he just about beat the shit out of a stadium worker before the game. I have no delusions that we have a perfect, unbeatable team, but why the fuck shouldn't we be confident?

• Fuck You 3
  • Drool 1

Just now, Josef Pwag said:

My prediction....if we score a TD every time we get in the red zone, we beat Washington by double digits. I will be in the Seattle area this holiday season. I saw that the Texas Exes meet at a Tex Mex place in Seattle but I need to find a rowdy sports bar. Some place with an edge. I like to live in the fast line. I'll be drunk by halftime and I'll start doing silly little backflips. 

We definitely need to have redzone offense like we did against OSU rather than the rest of the season

5 minutes ago, EsophagealFeces said:

Bored Bugs Bunny GIF by MOODMAN Bored Monsters Inc GIF

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

Our defense has retard strength in the red zone. Their stats aren't impressive, but they defy the odds and make stops when they have to. They're fucking infuriating to watch, but they somehow get it done.

Edited by EsophagealFeces
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 5

3 minutes ago, EsophagealFeces said:

Why wouldn't we be confident? We beat you less than a year ago, returned almost everyone important from that team, and added Jabbar Muhammad, Dillon Johnson, and Germie Bernard. We've been beat up as shit all year long, our guys are finally getting healthy, and we have several weeks for them to heal up even more. Your coach was so in his own head about playing us last year, he just about beat the shit out of a stadium worker before the game. I have no delusions that we have a perfect, unbeatable team, but why the fuck shouldn't we be confident?

what on earth made you decide to register "esophageal feces" as your name here and think we'd give one fuck what you think?

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

We’ve played 3-4 games where we couldn’t stop anybody including Utah who at least defensively is basically Texas with a better secondary. Didn’t matter, won’t matter.

Edited by WilburHooksHand
  • Drool 1

Just now, EsophagealFeces said:

Our defense has retard strength in the red zone. Their stats aren't impressive, but they defy the odds and make stops when they have to. They're fucking infuriating to watch, but the somehow get it done.

Yeah. Playing the #71 ranked redzone defense is pretty intimidating. But I'm really glad we aren't playing #5. 

1 minute ago, troph said:

what on earth made you decide to register "esophageal feces" as your name here and think we'd give one fuck what you think?

It's an inside joke from Hardcore Husky. I wouldn't expect you to understand it, nor do I care to take the time to explain it to you. If you don't care what I think, stop responding. Or don't. Fuck off.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 13
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, WilburHooksHand said:

We’ve played 3-4 games where we couldn’t stop anybody including Utah who at least defensively is basically Texas with a better secondary. Didn’t matter, won’t matter.

hey everybody!!! Utah's defense is basically Texas' with a better secondary.

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

1 minute ago, EsophagealFeces said:

It's an inside joke from Hardcore Husky. I wouldn't expect you to understand it, nor do I care to take the time to explain it to you. If you don't care what I think, stop responding. Or don't. Fuck off.

bring it.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

Yeah. Playing the #71 ranked redzone defense is pretty intimidating. But I'm really glad we aren't playing #5. 

Our defense was dogshit early in the year. They've improved to the point where they won us a couple games down the stretch when our offense had their heads up their asses. They aren't the 85 Bears, but it feels like they're peaking at the right time. Will it be enough in the playoff? Hard to say.

• Fuck You 3

10 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

I saw that the Texas Exes meet at a Tex Mex place in Seattle

Jeezus, when I lived up there, they used to meet at Chili's in Bellevue.  

Part of the draw was that it was the only Chili's in the northwest.

It actually made a little sense at the time.

Oh noes, the big mean fans from Seattle say their coach is going to kick our coach's ass.  OK, that's fine.  We'll see. 

I'm starting to really buy into Sark's whole John Wick theme for this year.  This season is the same thing every week since Week 2.    It ain't gonna change now. 

1 minute ago, bejezuz said:

Oh noes, the big mean fans from Seattle say their coach is going to kick our coach's ass.  OK, that's fine.  We'll see. 

I'm starting to really buy into Sark's whole John Wick theme for this year.  This season is the same thing every week since Week 2.    It ain't gonna change now. 

Sark is still doing his stupid fucking TV/Movie themes for the year? LO fucking L. Some things never change.

• Fuck You 5

3 minutes ago, EsophagealFeces said:

Your rapier wit is impressive to say the least, and of course you have no fucks to give.

And yet here you are ... methinks thou dost protest too much.

Just now, ztejas said:

Becsuse they think this is going to go just like the Opt Out Alamo Bowl did. 

That was a strange response. That was a team that lost their offensive identity to the draft (Rojo and Bijan) and were a dropped TD pass from taking the lead in the 4Q. Texas defense has improved since then. The offense is completely different with AD Mitchell in it. Then there is the improvement at QB. How much improvement did a 30 year old Penix make from year 5 to year 6 playing, compared to Ewers going from year 1 to year 2? 

• Hook 'Em 2

• Pancho locked this topic
  • Pancho unlocked this topic