Week 14, 2023, Texas v Washington, College Football Playoff Edition

Wulaw Horn

14 minutes ago, EsophagealFeces said:

The sad part is that I don’t know if this is a weak attempt at trolling, or if you’re one of the many sub room temp IQ Texas fans I’ve heard so much about.

it's honestly impressive that this is the 2nd biggest game in the history of your entire program and this is the best you can muster trolling wise

you-know-you-can-do-better-wink.gif

9 minutes ago, EsophagealFeces said:

I’m glad to see one of you guys knows how to talk football. I agree with you. Line play is going to be the difference. Both teams have shit pass defenses and great skill players. If you guys pressure Penix and stop DJ, you win. If not, we win.

Most here can talk football some can run circles around you. but you roll in all diarrhea of the mouth insulting our coach, all cock-certain like a fucking 15 year old. Just because we cuss and talk shit doesn’t mean we can’t talk substance. Quite frankly you’d be wise to understand the difference from being a no substance loud mouth as a visitor and being a smart witted rough and tumble guy that understands we aren’t a rivals trash talking site.

Bring value to the conversation or gtfo. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, EsophagealFeces said:

I’m glad to see one of you guys knows how to talk football. I agree with you. Line play is going to be the difference. Both teams have shit pass defenses and great skill players. If you guys pressure Penix and stop DJ, you win. If not, we win.

Let me get this straight. If we stop your passing game AND your running game we'll win? It's that easy? Man, you're the regular football savant. Glad you came over here to enlighten us.

4 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I went to hardcorehusky right when we hired PK to get their take on him. It's a good board and has the same general go fuck yourself ethos as surly. As far as I can tell, it's really the only other message board I've been to where they don't overIy moderate it and pretty much anything goes. I check it out infrequently but it doesn't do anywhere near the traffic that this place does. I went back after the playoff announcement. 

Some of you i.e., @troph are going a little overboard with the crowdsourcing here IMO. They are generally a bunch of assholes like we are. You should probably take it more in stride instead of going full fatwa right off the bat.

Also regarding their take on Sark.... if we had a coach who pulled us out of a zero win season into respectability, and then he bailed on us for our rival where he failed in the most publicly humiliating and spectacular way possible, we would shit on him endlessly. I get where they are coming from on him. 

This is why @Mitch Cumsteen is my favorite classy Texas poaster. My problem with what I’ve seen here is that you guys are so fucking arrogant, you take my confidence for trolling because you don’t think there’s any chance lowly Washington could beat mighty Texas. I get it, you didn’t have Bijan last year. News flash, you won’t have him this year either.

• Fuck You 17
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Sure...but he hasn't coached at Washington in 10 years. His last year there was the last year of Mack Brown Texas Football. I think we would have gotten over it by now especially as Washington has, unlike us with Strong and Herman, been really successful since he left (much more so than said rival). 

Seriously? Can you imagine this place if we played North Carolina in a bowl game?  People here still get triggered by the mere mention of Greg Davis.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, EsophagealFeces said:

It’s cute how y'all hang your hats on beating Alabama like they wouldn’t beat you by two scores right now.

Ha ha, holy shit. Do you have any original thoughts or do you just parrot the shit you read on reddit? Seriously, it's like talking to a chatbot. 

Anyway, I'm done with this regard. The rest of y'all can keep dicking around with him if you want but before you do, I want you to consider the kind of person who goes to another team's messageboard to act like this. What do you think he gets out of this? This guy is either emotionally stunted, developmentally challenged, or working out some concerns about his manhood. Or all three, I don't know. But what I do know is that he is getting a lot more out of the attention you're giving to him than you are getting out of reading the dumb shit he's posting. 

Don't feed the trolls, gentlemen. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I went to hardcorehusky right when we hired PK to get their take on him. It's a good board and has the same general go fuck yourself ethos as surly. As far as I can tell, it's really the only other message board I've been to where they don't overIy moderate it and pretty much anything goes. I check it out infrequently but it doesn't do anywhere near the traffic that this place does. I went back after the playoff announcement. 

Some of you i.e., @troph are going a little overboard with the crowdsourcing here IMO. They are generally a bunch of assholes like we are. You should probably take it more in stride instead of going full fatwa right off the bat.

Also regarding their take on Sark.... if we had a coach who pulled us out of a zero win season into respectability, and then he bailed on us for our rival where he failed in the most publicly humiliating and spectacular way possible, we would shit on him endlessly. I get where they are coming from on him. 

Show me one post of his that has 10 likes from our board - indicating his posting is worth a shit - and I’ll reconsider. 

you don’t come here to only talk shit - and unimaginative shit and expect to be rewarded. 

1 minute ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Seriously? Can you imagine this place if we played North Carolina in a bowl game?  People here still get triggered by the mere mention of Greg Davis.

It would be funny sure. But I have no bitterness at Mack. And everybody enjoyed watching Greg Davis suck at Iowa.

Though, frankly I think at this point he would be an improvement for them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Park Gothic said:

Ha ha, holy shit. Do you have any original thoughts or do you just parrot the shit you read on reddit? Seriously, it's like talking to a chatbot. 

Anyway, I'm done with this regard. The rest of y'all can keep dicking around with him if you want but before you do, I want you to consider the kind of person who goes to another team's messageboard to act like this. What do you think he gets out of this? This guy is either emotionally stunted, developmentally challenged, or working out some concerns about his manhood. Or all three, I don't know. But what I do know is that he is getting a lot more out of the attention you're giving to him than you are getting out of reading the dumb shit he's posting. 

Don't feed the trolls, gentlemen. 

I initially came over here to talk football with a dash of shit, and you fags got all bent out of shape because I dared think my team could win.

• Fuck You 23

3 hours ago, EsophagealFeces said:

This is why @Mitch Cumsteen is my favorite classy Texas poaster. My problem with what I’ve seen here is that you guys are so fucking arrogant, you take my confidence for trolling because you don’t think there’s any chance lowly Washington could beat mighty Texas. I get it, you didn’t have Bijan last year. News flash, you won’t have him this year either.

Would you believe it if I told you that we actually ran for more yards this year, despite losing the 8th overall pick in the NFL draft and another really good running back in Roschon Johnson (4th round NFL draft pick)?

On top of that, we lost the Doak Walker front runner in game 10 and maintained our running production despite that? 

Things in the game done changed, hombre

Edited by Atticus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, EsophagealFeces said:

I initially came over here to talk football with a dash of shit, and you fags got all bent out of shape because I dared think my team could win.

so far, you appear to be just as bad at talking shit as you are at talking football.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 4

Just now, EsophagealFeces said:

This is it exactly. Be confident, every one here knows Washington can win, very well may win. But you don’t know that because you’re an ass. And now you’ve decided that because we don’t like your trolling that we are arrogant.

im-a-classy-bitch-classy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

dumb-and-dumber-no-way.gif

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

Would you believe it if I told you that we actually ran for more yards this year, despite losing the 7th overall pick in the NFL draft and another really good running back in Roschon Johnson (4th round NFL draft pick)?

On top of that, we lost the Doak Walker front runner in game 10 and maintained our running production despite that? 

Things in the game done changed, hombre

I absolutely believe you, my man. I also know that Oregon thought they’d bully us on the lines, beat the shit out of Penix, and run all over us, and it didn’t work out so well. Or OC has gone full retard for several game stretches this year, and our defense is infuriating to watch most of the time, but this team just wins. It’s not enjoyable to watch most of the time, but there’s no coach, QB, or team I’d rather have in the 4th quarter of a close game. It defies logic, but they get it done. Winners win.

3 minutes ago, troph said:

This is it exactly. Be confident, every one here knows Washington can win, very well may win. But you don’t know that because you’re an ass. And now you’ve decided that because we don’t like your trolling that we are arrogant.

I wasn’t trolling, dumbfuck.

• Fuck You 12

Seems like you've been on quite the roll here the last couple hours. Maybe take a break and come back in a bit rather than replying to every other post. You went from making a decent post to getting derailed talking banal shit about Sark, and I'll tell you like the other UW poster a couple days ago that nothing you've said even registers compared to the stuff that's been said on here about him. Of course we like him now but it's been a bumpy road. 

We did have some decent football discussion in the first couple pages. We've got a month before the game and there will be plenty more to come. I still need to go back and rewatch last year's game and I'll post opinions once I do. 

Anyways, football post: third down will be a major battle. UW was #11 in conversions at 48.3%. Our once-elite third down defense fell after the OSU game. Georgia passed us up, so we're at #2, allowing 26.5%. I get that we don't want to give up the deep ball, but we have to balance that with stopping the run and not giving up short passes on early downs. I don't know how to do that tbh.

13 minutes ago, Crapinon said:

Nah, they just think we're all low IQ idiots. They join here to get reactions so they can go back and report how stupid they believe Texans are. 

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/111097/surly-horns 

What a shitty poor man’s site they have. Felt like I was clicking on a message board from 1996. Windows 95 message board.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, EsophagealFeces said:

Thank you. I'm world renown for being classy. Just like Nebraska fans used to be before we ended their football program and made them a volleyball school.

1 minute ago, troph said:

Show me one post of his that has 10 likes from our board - indicating his posting is worth a shit - and I’ll reconsider. 

you don’t come here to only talk shit - and unimaginative shit and expect to be rewarded. 

I dunno. I'm more in the boat of put on ignore if you don't like what they're saying vs fatwa unless it's something super offensive and endlessly so. Talking shit about Sark doesn't really qualify.  Someone would have to go to rather extraordinary lengths just to talk more shit on him than we have on here. Saying they think they're going to beat our ass doesn't really qualify either.

I generally like their fans. They have a lot in common with us. I give them the benefit of the doubt. But @EsophagealFeces, I would suggest you lighten up a bit or you will obviously get crowdsourced from the board.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

The good thing is @EsophagealFeces Is cool with us all fucking his mom. He and @South Austin have that in common. Not that our fecal friend could do anything about it anyway. The nasty bitch has to eat.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

That was a strange response. That was a team that lost their offensive identity to the draft (Rojo and Bijan) and were a dropped TD pass from taking the lead in the 4Q. Texas defense has improved since then. The offense is completely different with AD Mitchell in it. Then there is the improvement at QB. How much improvement did a 30 year old Penix make from year 5 to year 6 playing, compared to Ewers going from year 1 to year 2? 

Not to mention we hopefully have Worthy without a broken hand. 

1 minute ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Thank you. I'm world renown for being classy. Just like Nebraska fans used to be before we ended their football program and made them a volleyball school.

I dunno. I'm more in the boat of put on ignore if you don't like what they're saying vs fatwa unless it's something super offensive and endlessly so. Talking shit about Sark doesn't really qualify.  Someone would have to go to rather extraordinary lengths just to talk more shit on him than we have on here. Saying they think they're going to beat our ass doesn't really qualify either.

I generally like their fans. They have a lot in common with us. I give them the benefit of the doubt. But @EsophagealFeces, I would suggest you lighten up a bit or you will obviously get crowdsourced from the board.

Super offensive like using slurs that get our own banned? Gotcha.

The fucker is 100% troll right now. I gotta run anyway. He’s set up nicely to pick his own adventure.  He can suffer a fatwa or he can add value.  It’s his choice. 

11 minutes ago, EsophagealFeces said:

I don't think anyone here actually cares that you think your team might win. They might.

We have certainly suffered a lot of disappointment in the last 10 years. Kind of like the first time your wife saw your dick.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Seems like you've been on quite the roll here the last couple hours. Maybe take a break and come back in a bit rather than replying to every other post. You went from making a decent post to getting derailed talking banal shit about Sark, and I'll tell you like the other UW poster a couple days ago that nothing you've said even registers compared to the stuff that's been said on here about him. Of course we like him now but it's been a bumpy road. 

We did have some decent football discussion in the first couple pages. We've got a month before the game and there will be plenty more to come. I still need to go back and rewatch last year's game and I'll post opinions once I do. 

Anyways, football post: third down will be a major battle. UW was #11 in conversions at 48.3%. Our once-elite third down defense fell after the OSU game. Georgia passed us up, so we're at #2, allowing 26.5%. I get that we don't want to give up the deep ball, but we have to balance that with stopping the run and not giving up short passes on early downs. I don't know how to do that tbh.

3rd down has always been the problem for Kwat’s defenses. He’s fantastic at not giving up big plays and forcing 3rd and long, then playing soft and giving up fucking infuriating first downs. Stanford used to nickel and dime us all the way down the field back when they weren’t shit, and he never had an answer for it. Luckily for you guys, Grubb and Penix are impatient as fuck, and I’m not sure they have the patience to take what Texas gives them. The Oregon game gives me some hope, as they actually checked some balls down. McMillan being healthy is huge too, he’s great on short routes, and our offense was sorely missing that most of the season.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 8

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I don't think anyone here actually cares that you think your team might win. They might.

We have certainly suffered a lot of disappointment in the last 10 years. Kind of like the first time your wife saw your dick.

My wife is a lovely woman, and that was a very traumatic event for her. Please respect her privacy.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 9

3rd down has always been the problem for Kwat’s defenses. He’s fantastic at not giving up big plays and forcing 3rd and long, then playing soft and giving up fucking infuriating first downs. Stanford used to nickel and dime us all the way down the field back when they weren’t shit, and he never had an answer for it. Luckily for you guys, Grubb and Penix are impatient as fuck, and I’m not sure they have the patience to take what Texas gives them. The Oregon game gives me some hope, as they actually checked some balls down. McMillan being healthy is huge too, he’s great on short routes, and our offense was sorely missing that most of the season.

His post may have been in jest, but it seemed you missed it. We were ranked #1 in 3rd down defense this year. We gave up 3-10 on third down conversions last week. Georgia passed up because they held Bama to 3-13. Still elite.

• Hook 'Em 3

47 minutes ago, EsophagealFeces said:

I prefer sourdough toast to a jar, but you do you, buddy

I wouldn't necessarily expect you to get the aggy subtext in my comment. But just so we're clear, your preference is to stand in the middle of a circle jerk holding sourdough toast? I prefer butter on my toast, but you do you.

28 minutes ago, EsophagealFeces said:

It’s cute how y'all hang your hats on beating Alabama like they wouldn’t beat you by two scores right now.

Are you sure you're not an aggy. You sure do talk like one. We all watched the SEC CG. Bama would be lucky to stay within a score of Texas. RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE!!!!!

Edited by Herpa Derpa
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, EsophagealFeces said:

I absolutely believe you, my man. I also know that Oregon thought they’d bully us on the lines, beat the shit out of Penix, and run all over us, and it didn’t work out so well. Or OC has gone full retard for several game stretches this year, and our defense is infuriating to watch most of the time, but this team just wins. It’s not enjoyable to watch most of the time, but there’s no coach, QB, or team I’d rather have in the 4th quarter of a close game. It defies logic, but they get it done. Winners win.

From what I've seen Penix + Odunze are going to give us fits & I don't know if there's a better clutch combo in the playoffs. If there is one worth mentioning in the same breath it'd be Ewers & AD but Penix has like a decade of experience & just seems to make every single play exactly when it's needed.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

His post may have been in jest, but it seemed you missed it. We were ranked #1 in 3rd down defense this year. We gave up 3-10 on third down conversions last week. Georgia passed up because they held Bama to 3-13. Still elite.

I think first down matters most for us - not sure their propensity for up tempo but that’s really the offense that gives us the most fits. Run when DTs are winded. If we can get into third and long range e can bring pressure to stay true to our form on 3rd down efficiency. 

5 minutes ago, hook me said:

From what I've seen Penix + Odunze are going to give us fits & I don't know if there's a better clutch combo in the playoffs. If there is one worth mentioning in the same breath it'd be Ewers & AD but Penix has like a decade of experience & just seems to make every single play exactly when it's needed.

I’m not betting on Texas points or no points. W is the toughest matchup for us. I expect penix to be on fire. Can we just make it so enough has to go through him that he can’t do it alone. Stop the run, score our points, maybe a special teams score,etc

Edited by troph

28 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Sure...but he hasn't coached at Washington in 10 years. His last year there was the last year of Mack Brown Texas Football. I think we would have gotten over it by now especially as Washington has, unlike us with Strong and Herman, been really successful since he left (much more so than said rival). 

It might be the product of some hh forum groupthink, which everyone here is well-acquainted with, because everyone I know quit thinking about Sark as soon as Petersen was announced.

I mean, the only time I ever think about Mack Brown or Charlie Strong is when I'm on Surly.

Penix is the best QB in CFB this year, IMO. He made a huge difference at Indiana and he has made a huge difference at Washington. He will challenge us, to be sure. I do believe our D is up to the task as we have improved over the course of the season, but it will be a good game.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, troph said:

I think first down matters most for us - not sure their propensity for up tempo but that’s really the offense that gives us the most fits. Run when DTs are winded. If we can get into third and long range e can bring pressure to stay true to our form on 3rd down efficiency. 

We hurry up to the line, but it’s mostly to get the play, motion, see how the defense reacts, and adjust. We don’t run the Chip Kelly hurry up.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

• Pancho locked this topic
  • Pancho unlocked this topic