Week 14, 2023, Texas v Washington, College Football Playoff Edition

Wulaw Horn

3 minutes ago, EsophagealFeces said:

You guys are missing the point. It matters because Sark is a head case.

A head case. A head case?

You must be new... oh, you are new here.

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Look our previous coach was Tom Herman. Sark seems like a tower of mental health compared to that guy.

Count Me In Lets Go GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Yeah. The head coaching ranks of Texas Football have not exactly been paragons of wellness for quite some time.

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

@Mitch Cumsteen has already been over there this week fighting the good fight. 

I've always though highly of UW as a school, but their posters are pretty awful at "trolling." Like, /b/ in 2009 levels bad. The trick to a good troll is to mix in as much truth as you can, and make the opinion bad but not so bad that it's unbelievable. 

The UW posters that have come over here - and a lot of them on their board - basically think the below image is the pinnacle of internet humor:

BlP6StFCQAAmgU7.jpg

It's disappointing. You try to talk football with them and it quickly becomes clear that's not what they're interested in. They just want to project their opinions into the ether and enjoy the feeling of satisfaction they get from the projection. They don't really want to learn anything or come away with any new insight. 

Now some of them, I'm sure, are nice people. But the majority I've been dealing with parrot the same talking points and cannot even begin to grok my responses. It's like arguing with a dementia patient. 

Well what the hell do you expect of a bunch of California ex-pats who were too stupid to get into UCLA and Berkley? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8

7 minutes ago, EsophagealFeces said:

You act like we haven't been skeptical of Sark up until recently.  This fanbase is jaded about coaches, man.   But I tell you what, we certainly aren't going on to UNC message boards complaining about Mack Brown or FAU boards complaining about Tom Herman.  That's called "living in your head rent free."  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, EsophagealFeces said:

It's an inside joke from Hardcore Husky. I wouldn't expect you to understand it, nor do I care to take the time to explain it to you. If you don't care what I think, stop responding. Or don't. Fuck off.

I suspect you are posting here because other Washington Huskies fan boards have exiled you, and you have no place else to go. Because you're a real motherfuckin' dickhead. If you're going to be an asshole, at least try to be clever about it, or pepper it with some self-awareness.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, EsophagealFeces said:

You may not now, but you will eventually. We know Sark and Kwat better than you do. It’s why we’re confident.

Do you know who these guys are?

Flood_Kyle.jpg?width=300Davis_Bo_sss_TexasFB0210.jpg

3 minutes ago, EsophagealFeces said:

Is this a discussion board, or did I unknowingly step into a circle jerk?

Like there's a difference.

1 minute ago, dieucla98 said:

It's mostly a discussion board about circle jerks interrupted quite frequently by circle jerks.

I Guess If You Say So GIF

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, EsophagealFeces said:

You may not now, but you will eventually. We know Sark and Kwat better than you do. It’s why we’re confident.

We know. We watched him flounder around and his teams choke constantly for two years.

But Sark beat Nick Saban this year. This year his team won (most) of those close games they kept blowing in those first two years. Maybe he is different now? I don't recall him doing anything like that at Washington.

Edited by Valmy77

Just now, Valmy77 said:

We know. We watched him flounder around and his teams choke constantly for two years.

But Sark beat Nick Saban this year. This year his teams won (most) of those close games they kept blowing in those first two years. Maybe he is different now? I don't recall him doing anything like that at Washington.

They’re just making shit up. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, EsophagealFeces said:

8 minutes ago, EsophagealFeces said:

Sark hasn't coached for Washington in a decade. Do you not believe people change over periods of time or are you still as dumb as you were when you decided to sign up and do whatever kind of schtick this is? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, EsophagealFeces said:

We know Sark and Kwat better than you do.

Because you knew them over a decade ago when Sark was coaching drunk? You don't know jack shit. But you think you do. That makes you a fool. So a fool is warning me about something he knows jack shit about. Excuse me while I whip this out.

• Hook 'Em 3

And here, I thought you guys were confident because you scraped by your mediocre schedule this year. Shit the only team it appears you guys dominated was Boise and Tulsa lol

This will be easy. Texas wins by 3 scores
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Ya know, the sad thing is that Washington actually has a really, really good football team. They're well-balanced, and their WRs will likely absolutely slaughter our DBs.

It's a shame that for them, it's more about hating what they used to have rather than celebrating what they have.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, EsophagealFeces said:

Your coach was so in his own head about playing us last year, he just about beat the shit out of a stadium worker before the game. 

If you think that was just about beating the shit out of someone, then I suggest that you avoid waffle house while you're down for the game

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Because you knew them over a decade ago when Sark was coaching drunk? You don't know jack shit. But you think you do. That makes you a fool. So a fool is warning me about something he knows jack shit about. Excuse me while I whip this out.

He’s shitting out his mouth here, his user name checks out and all that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, EsophagealFeces said:

Is this a discussion board, or did I unknowingly step into a circle jerk?

You aren’t discussing shit.

You’re shitting on Sark and telling us how privileged we are to even step on the same field as Wershington and we have no shot. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Washington's a great team, but their SOR at #1 is a complete red herring. It's based entirely on the premise that the PAC was solid competition this year... Traditionally, their OOC opponents would've been decently strong...

But it gets really ugly if you look into it further: 

-Washington beat Mel Tucker's 4-8 Michigan State (congrats)

-Oregon beat 6-6 "dark horse" Texas Tech by 8 on a last-minute pick six (lol)

-"#14" Arizona lost to a Zach Arnett led 5-7 Mississippi State (lol)

-Cal lost at home to a 6-6 Auburn team who got mudholed by New Mexico State (lol)

-Arizona State lost to OSU at home by 12 when Gundy was still rotating QBs (lol)

-Utah beat 5-7 Florida at home by 13 and 3-9 Baylor due to a controversial PI no call

-Wazzu beat a 7-5 Wisconsin squad who was breaking in a new coach

-Colorado beat 5-7 TCU by 3 with healthy Shadeur / Hunter and before Deion had put anything on film

-USC lost by 28 and Stanford lost by 33 to 9-3 Notre Dame

here's how they compare in the CFB composite ratings that CFBNate puts out

GAlSpp5XIAAwgDI?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

full size link: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GAlSpp5XIAAwgDI?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Spoiler

GAlSm0RW4AA-q4U?format=jpg&name=large

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, EsophagealFeces said:

The sad part is that I don’t know if this is a weak attempt at trolling, or if you’re one of the many sub room temp IQ Texas fans I’ve heard so much about.

stfu carpetbagger.  Huskies aren't even indigenous to the east coast

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

You aren’t discussing shit.

You’re shitting on Sark and telling us how privileged we are to even step on the same field as Wershington and we have no shot. 

At no point have I said Texas has no shot. I think it’s going to be a good game, much like last year. And of course I’m shitting on Sark. What has he ever done? He’s a fucking embarrassment who had no business getting the Texas job.

• Fuck You 13
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

55 minutes ago, EsophagealFeces said:

Why wouldn't we be confident? We beat you less than a year ago, returned almost everyone important from that team, and added Jabbar Muhammad, Dillon Johnson, and Germie Bernard. We've been beat up as shit all year long, our guys are finally getting healthy, and we have several weeks for them to heal up even more. Your coach was so in his own head about playing us last year, he just about beat the shit out of a stadium worker before the game. I have no delusions that we have a perfect, unbeatable team, but why the fuck shouldn't we be confident?

The Texas team you beat last year wasn't even the 2022 Texas team. Many key guys missing there. Quinn went from being a bus driver down the stretch of last year to being thrust into a starring role. Worthy was dinged up and had a broken hand. Even our 3rd string back was lightly used due to a sports hernia.

This team is much improved from last year on both offense and defense, and the physicality on both lines will be one of the biggest differences you'll see. Increased team speed and talent at the skill positions as well. Improved special teams personnel and coaching.

Texas needed the run last year to really get anything going offensively. This year, we are much more versatile in how we can win. Your best bet is more dropped passes or stolen possessions due to turnovers or penalties.

Washington has also gotten better. Dillon Johnson is better than Wayne Talupapa, Penix is still Penix. Trice looks more explosive this year. Jabbar Muhammad (Big 12) is better than what y'all put out there last year.

It's gonna come down to line play. Even if you guys have a small advantage there, I think we have enough to pull out the win as long as we protect the ball.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

The Texas team you beat last year wasn't even the 2022 Texas team. Many key guys missing there. Quinn went from being a bus driver down the stretch of last year to being thrust into a starring role. Worthy was dinged up and had a broken hand. Even our 3rd string back was lightly used due to a sports hernia.

This team is much improved from last year on both offense and defense, and the physicality on both lines will be one of the biggest differences you'll see. Increased team speed and talent at the skill positions as well. Improved special teams personnel and coaching.

Texas needed the run last year to really get anything going offensively. This year, we are much more versatile in how we can win. Your best bet is more dropped passes or stolen possessions due to turnovers or penalties.

Washington has also gotten better. Dillon Johnson is better than Wayne Talupapa, Penix is still Penix. Trice looks more explosive this year. Jabbar Muhammad (Big 12) is better than what y'all put out there last year.

It's gonna come down to line play. Even if you guys have a small advantage there, I think we have enough to pull out the win as long as we protect the ball.

I’m glad to see one of you guys knows how to talk football. I agree with you. Line play is going to be the difference. Both teams have shit pass defenses and great skill players. If you guys pressure Penix and stop DJ, you win. If not, we win.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

I went to hardcorehusky right when we hired PK to get their take on him. It's a good board and has the same general go fuck yourself ethos as surly. As far as I can tell, it's really the only other message board I've been to where they don't overIy moderate it and pretty much anything goes. I check it out infrequently but it doesn't do anywhere near the traffic that this place does. I went back after the playoff announcement. 

Some of you i.e., @troph are going a little overboard with the crowdsourcing here IMO. They are generally a bunch of assholes like we are. You should probably take it more in stride instead of going full fatwa right off the bat.

Also regarding their take on Sark.... if we had a coach who pulled us out of a zero win season into respectability, and then he bailed on us for our rival where he failed in the most publicly humiliating and spectacular way possible, we would shit on him endlessly. I get where they are coming from on him. 

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

Buddy, I'm getting the impression that you may have some unhealthy fixation on our coach. I get that being jilted hurts, but y'all are doing okay now. You should probably learn to let those feelings go. You've got a real nice little squad and you beat Oregon twice, so you should feel good about this season. 

But y'all are gonna have to play a team outside the PAC that isn't coached by Mel Tucker, and I think you're going to be surprised that all that sunshine being pumped about the PAC this year was just that - sunshine. ESPN and Fox wanted your conference to have a nice swan song and so they talked y'all up. But your conference has been shit for a reason. Utah won the whole thing - twice! The competition just isn't up to snuff and your OOC sucks. 

And to be perfectly clear - the Big 12 is absolute shit as well. It deserves to die too. But at least on this board we're not laboring under some misconceptions about the competition we've played. Except for, ya know, fucking Alabama. The Tide aren't Michigan State and you haven't played any real competition yet this season. We have. 

Anyway, good luck. 

espn simmons GIF

It’s cute how y'all hang your hats on beating Alabama like they wouldn’t beat you by two scores right now.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 14

1 minute ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Also regarding their take on Sark.... if we had a coach who pulled us out of a zero win season into respectability, and then he bailed on us for our rival where he failed in the most publicly humiliating and spectacular way possible, we would shit on him endlessly. I get where they are coming from on him. 

Sure...but he hasn't coached at Washington in 10 years. His last year there was the last year of Mack Brown Texas Football. I think we would have gotten over it by now especially as Washington has, unlike us with Strong and Herman, been really successful since he left (much more so than said rival). 

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Smax said:

And here, I thought you guys were confident because you scraped by your mediocre schedule this year. Shit the only team it appears you guys dominated was Boise and Tulsa lol

This will be easy. Texas wins by 3 scores

SMU was up 52-3 against Tulsa at halftime.

UW also dominated an awful Michigan State team. To be fair. 

Edited by ztejas

• Pancho locked this topic
  • Pancho unlocked this topic