MNC game at NRG Stadium tickets

markstanco

2 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Does anyone know when the last event is just prior to the NCG?  May buy tickets to that and try to camp out inside until gameday.

Idk but this post made me remember the Texas Bowl is something like 12/27. And  thinking of that, it makes me laugh that the closest Texas A&M got the championship in jimbo’s tenure (or ever) is showing up on StubHub on the sideline we’d occupy 

6B4F7671-94C7-448F-92BD-CB68D5BE0DF0.thumb.jpeg.f4841fb3894e7b75f53752c9038a0bc0.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

32 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Does anyone know when the last event is just prior to the NCG?  May buy tickets to that and try to camp out inside until gameday.

Titans @ Texans Dec 31

Maybe a stadium tour during that week?  And just peel off and hide 

Edited by kingkoopa6

5 hours ago, cabowabo said:

And the shame is the high percentage of people that go to these games that don't really care about the game itself. They go mainly so they can take and post their FB, Instagram, etc. pic to show all their "friends" what ballers they are. That wasn't a thing in 06 and not really in 09. That's a big reason why the prices have gone bonkers for these events.

Social media really has fuck all to do with it. The reason tickets are so damn expensive for this game is you have 4 schools with large alumni bases that want to see their team play for the national championship. And its basically a home game for one of those schools. Last year before kickoff of the TCU/GA game, you could scoop nosebleed tickets for $350, and 100-level seats could be found for around  $1000. That's a hell of a lot cheaper than the '06 rose bowl before you even consider inflation. I'm fairly certain social media existed last year.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, utexas8 said:

This is kind of where I’m leaning. It’s just sucks 2 scenarios have to happen. Alabama wins and Texas. I’d either be out $600 for 2 rsvps or a W with 2 tickets in the 100 sections for $2100 total for 2

I think Alabama beats Michigan. I don’t trust Michigan.

The Alabama lower level RSVP is $594 per ticket, so it's a $1200 bet.  It's a $600 bet for upper deck.  I just pulled the trigger as I had a connect to save some money and paid 1440 apiece all in for upper deck; if Texas doesn't go I hope I can make my money back at least or take a smaller hit.  If it's Bama and Washington I could take a bath

6 hours ago, cabowabo said:

And the shame is the high percentage of people that go to these games that don't really care about the game itself. They go mainly so they can take and post their FB, Instagram, etc. pic to show all their "friends" what ballers they are. That wasn't a thing in 06 and not really in 09. That's a big reason why the prices have gone bonkers for these events.

world series game 1 and 2, prime example 

36 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

I’ve seen top 1/5 or roughly 8,000 points referred to as the estimated cut off. Don’t know where that came from, but hope that it’s true.

you mean 8000 acct rank not points right?

I'm about 5500 rank out of 40,000 but my points are nowhere near even 1000.

The Alabama lower level RSVP is $594 per ticket, so it's a $1200 bet.  It's a $600 bet for upper deck.  I just pulled the trigger as I had a connect to save some money and paid 1440 apiece all in for upper deck; if Texas doesn't go I hope I can make my money back at least or take a smaller hit.  If it's Bama and Washington I could take a bath

I checked yesterday and it was 300 I guess they went up

3 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

8,000 points is a ton. Think that’s about $400,000 given.

Maybe top 20% equates to about 800 points.

the total number of accounts/people in the foundation is around 40000 per my account.  8000 would be top 20%.  I think that is what was meant by "points".

If they give approx 20K tix to each school and every account asked for 4 that would be 5000 cutoff.  some won't request, some will only ask for 2, etc.

I guess we will see.

Edited by dcar00
  • Like 1

How many tickets does each team get?  20,000?  I would think that gets gobbled up before the 8000th account gets their chance, no? 

Each account before 8000 can order up to 14, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 tickets depending on their current gift.  I know not everyone will want tickets, but it seems like it would go quick. 

16 minutes ago, tokamak said:

If we win the Sugar Bowl, these are going to go into the stratosphere and anyone buying now will feel great about themselves. On the flip side, if we lose, you're probably going to lose a few hundred bucks per ticket (especially factoring in fees).

That was my philosophy.  Bit the bullet today and bought two tickets.  They had already jumped $200/ea since I glanced Sunday afternoon.  The fees are ridiculous.  

I missed 2005 due to a work commitment and 2009 due to a newborn.  And passed on free tickets to G5 of the 2017 WS.  Since that day, I made a pact with myself to never miss another once-a-decade opportunity.  I figured I'm saving on a flight and hotel since we're traveling from the Austin area and my in-laws live in Houston.  At least that's my football fan math that offsets $1,000 or so of the total.  Add into the equation that the day of the championship is my son's 16th birthday.  So, if the Horns are there, it's one hell of a birthday surprise and a bucket-list checked off for both of us.  And, if they don't make it past the Sugar Bowl, I may lose some coin on the resale market, but I'm thinking it's worth the insurance of having them in-hand at this point.  

Go ahead and blame me for jinxing everything.  See y'all in Houston.

• Hook 'Em 4

16 minutes ago, tokamak said:

If we win the Sugar Bowl, these are going to go into the stratosphere and anyone buying now will feel great about themselves. On the flip side, if we lose, you're probably going to lose a few hundred bucks per ticket (especially factoring in fees).

We'll see. If its Texas vs Mich, I think the prices will probably be higher than they are today. Texas vs Bama, and it wouldn't surprise me if prices before kickoff are lower than they are today. 

1 hour ago, Balcones said:

How many tickets does each team get?  20,000?  I would think that gets gobbled up before the 8000th account gets their chance, no? 

Each account before 8000 can order up to 14, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 tickets depending on their current gift.  I know not everyone will want tickets, but it seems like it would go quick. 

I think you can only order as many seats as you have in DKR, although I’m sure for suite/club folks they relax that…. 

9 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

I think you can only order as many seats as you have in DKR, although I’m sure for suite/club folks they relax that…. 

No. It is done by donation history. Well, it could be by donation history AND how many season tix you have.

Anyhoo, I have 14 points, 2 Best Buy coupons, a button, and a paper clip. Probably won't make the cut.

8 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

No. It is done by donation history. Well, it could be by donation history AND how many season tix you have.

Anyhoo, I have 14 points, 2 Best Buy coupons, a button, and a paper clip. Probably won't make the cut.

Yeah the chart Balcones posted lays it out. Lifetime gets you in the game, current level dictates how much you can get if you’re in….

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, cabowabo said:

I cousin of mine is going to volunteer for a certain number of hours at NRG to be able to get in for some sort of standing room situation.  I'm not sure how that works.

Our family has two accounts, one hovers just above 2500 and the other just above 8,000.  Applied for 4 on the "better" account and 2 on the "lesser"  to each game.  Will report results on Friday!

Driving distance to both games with family in each city that (a) asked us to stay and (b) I actually enjoy staying with....too damn good to be true.

8 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Agree at first glance but in my mind I justify it by saying your team doesn’t play in a national championship very often, and doing so in the city you live in is very possibly a once in a lifetime thing.

So tickets may be north of $1k but if you compare against the cost of tickets and travel, meals, etc. to any potential future national championship game, which is also not guaranteed to ever happen, it feels like the cheapest opportunity that will ever be presented to see Texas play for a championship.

This was the argument wife made to me to convince me to buy the tickets. We are in Sec 509 or some such at 1800 per excluding fees, but 5k was min for the 2009 trip to the Rose Bowl. Drive and stay at MILs house this time. Profit.

This was the argument wife made to me to convince me to buy the tickets. We are in Sec 509 or some such at 1800 per excluding fees, but 5k was min for the 2009 trip to the Rose Bowl. Drive and stay at MILs house this time. Profit.

Well you’re bolder than I am, I’m not willing to throw down that kind of money until I know whether Texas is actually playing.

These $2k prices would actually have me rethink going but we’ll cross that bridge if/when we get there.

The cheapest available on stub hub this morning were $1250. If you buy now, worst case is Alabama (been there, done thatl) and Washington (don't care, too far) win and you still probably break even selling them.
This won't be a "been there done that" year for the Gumps. They know they are fortunate to be in at all, and with little Nicky's age they can't take championships for granted anymore.

3 hours ago, Blotto said:

We'll see. If its Texas vs Mich, I think the prices will probably be higher than they are today. Texas vs Bama, and it wouldn't surprise me if prices before kickoff are lower than they are today. 

If Texas makes the finals, today's prices will look like a great deal.  Simple supply and demand will drive prices up; most season ticket holders for the Texans are likely Horns fans or giving them to horns friends.  Worst case scenario, Bama vs Washington...Bama fans have championship game fatigue.  Best case scenario, Horns vs Mich. 

One factor working in the 'draw' favor of LHF points is how many big money guys want to go into a draw for tix?  They seem like club/suite dudes.  I'm currently 7K and likely out of luck even for the Sugar bowl, but who knows

Edited by allrightallrightallright

6 minutes ago, allrightallrightallright said:

If Texas makes the finals, today's prices will look like a great deal.  Simple supply and demand will drive prices up; most season ticket holders for the Texans are likely Horns fans or giving them to horns friends.  Worst case scenario, Bama vs Washington...Bama fans have championship game fatigue.  Best case scenario, Horns vs UT. 

One factor working in the 'draw' favor of LHF points is how many big money guys want to go into a draw for tix?  They seem like club/suite dudes.  I'm currently 7K and likely out of luck even for the Sugar bowl, but who knows

We play ourselves for a chance at the Championship?  I can see why that's the best case scenario.  

Edited by chemHORN
  • Haha 1