2023 NCAAVB Championship: #2 Texas vs #1 Nebraska; 2pm ABC (Dec 17)

Js1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Harper Murray also said at the postgame PC that Nebraska is going to win the next 3 titles

Deny Nba Playoffs GIF by NBA

What a dumbass comment. I get being confident and setting goals for yourself. But why dont you start with winning one lol. The Texas players laughed when they heard that stupid ass comment. 

Cornheads I'm seeing on social media are saying, "Well, we got farther than we should have with a bunch of freshmen and no seniors. We'll win more titles." They seem to not grasp that Texas lost the national player of the year and brought in their own freshmen and still proceeded to spank that Big Red booty all the way back to the barn.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

This was like a reverse 2021 when Nebraska punked us at home in the Elite 8. We got served off our own court and couldn’t pass for shit. 

So Elliot went out and got Akana, Fleck and Barnes and helped turn Halter into Fleck Jr. defensively and turned our roster into the strongest 6 rotation serving team imaginable. 

The reversal in serve/serve receive really is amazing

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

7 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Cornheads I'm seeing on social media are saying, "Well, we got farther than we should have with a bunch of freshmen and no seniors. We'll win more titles." They seem to not grasp that Texas lost the national player of the year and brought in their own freshmen and still proceeded to spank that Big Red booty all the way back to the barn.  

It’s why the N is for Nowledge

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

this is always said by losers and next thing you know you haven't won one since 1939.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

Man, watching the Nebraska post-game interview and that team was bitter. Even the coach was making shady comments about our match with Tennessee and how Texas was reloaded with transfers. FFS he even seemed butt-hurt about Asjia coming back after playing international and getting extra playing time from it.

Best part is when one player says they'll win the next 3 you can here the other say through rageful tears, "fuck yeah!".

It will be fun to see a rematch with those girls in the next few years. They will bring their A-game next time.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LonghornBreeder said:

Man, watching the Nebraska post-game interview and that team was bitter. Even the coach was making shady comments about our match with Tennessee and how Texas was reloaded with transfers. FFS he even seemed butt-hurt about Asjia coming back after playing international and getting extra playing time from it.

Best part is when one player says they'll win the next 3 you can here the other say through rageful tears, "fuck yeah!".

It will be fun to see a rematch with those girls in the next few years. They will bring their A-game next time.

Hope someone is archiving that footage

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Wenaas - 9 kills, 4 blocks, hit .292

Kevin Durant Mvp GIF by NBA

So, so proud of her. After such an up and down season, battling the way she did and stepping up the last few matches, that's not easy. She really showed everyone, including us, what she's made of.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, troph said:

Still thinking what an epic destruction laid in Tampa this weekend holy shit. 

Against the 2 best teams. Oh how everyone penciled in Nebraska-Wisconsin for a third time this year. Texas crashed that party and then stuck their dicks in the mashed potatoes today

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, troph said:

The dirty little secret is Husker class has always been a myth. They are gracious winners but terrible losers. Worse than aggies, after all aggies are just dumb, huskers are bitter and spiteful when they lose.  Fuck em in the goat ass.

100% this. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Against the 2 best teams. Oh how everyone penciled in Nebraska-Wisconsin for a third time this year. Texas crashed that party and then stuck their dicks in the mashed potatoes today

Somehow I suspect at least a few of the ladies would approve this post. 

37 minutes ago, LonghornBreeder said:

Oh yeah? 

Or.... maybe we beat them by three sets...

th-991519896.jpg

Edited by BillyGoatHill
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Scholz said:

100% this. 

I’d rather we get fired up like O’Neil when we win - it wasn’t that bad - and then when we lose we handle it graciously. The faux sportsmanship by them is garbage.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, elfenix said:

It was 10-7 corn when they showed the horns down

Just rewatched that second set. It's as if a switch got flipped at the double "horns down" moment. From 10-7 Corn, an 18-4 Texas run put an end to that foolishness. The whole third set was really just the start of the coronation.

11D64EE5-FD57-4619-97AA-7BF1FAA1F7A1.thumb.jpeg.eefc20c2135d2c91b4d954ea1fa692d2.jpeg

33 minutes ago, LonghornBreeder said:

not using my hard drive, but here's the link.

I do believe that surly little space bun said "fuck yeah" after the next three.

I get that that is not a fun presser, and I guess it's a further show of immaturity, but Murray and Allck do not acquit themselves well in that.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

Texas outscored Corn Aggy 43-15 after the horns down. They never learn.

image.thumb.png.af4c4ed6de48d0b63e75bb9aca4a8e25.png

My favorite thing about these shots is the look they always have on their faces - like they just invented fire, or the wheel.

fire-flame.gif

Edited by wood
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

I do believe that surly little space bun said "fuck yeah" after the next three.

I get that that is not a fun presser, and I guess it's a further show of immaturity, but Murray and Allck do not acquit themselves well in that.

Space bun was salty as hell that whole presser. She wasn’t just sad, she was spiteful. Hopefully they do carry that feeling of failure all offseason, come back motivated in 2024, and still come up short of the championship. Hopefully at the hands of Texas 3 peating

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1