2024 Fiesta Bowl - Oregon vs. Liberty

satyanash

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

Bowl games are dead.  Too many of them, so much focus on CFP and winning National Championship, etc.  CFB needs to cut back to the 12-team playoff and maybe 15 other bowls max where you get the top 40ish teams playing in the postseason.  

Hmm; both of these teams are top 40 so how does anything you suggested fix 60% attendance?  

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Falwell has ~20k on campus and 115k online

uOphx enrollment has declined 70% last decade

liberty are the evangelical aggy

They are, for sure. The problem I have with them is their Baylor-esque hypocrisy and hiding behind their private status to sweep scandals under the rug. 

Edited by Walser
  • Hook 'Em 6

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, SDG said:

Hmm; both of these teams are top 40 so how does anything you suggested fix 60% attendance?  

Well this game would be a CFP game, probably not the same match up but it would be something like Liberty vs Ole Miss at Ole Miss.  That would fix that.  I honestly don't think the other 15 bowls would still have GREAT attendance, but let's say you are an Oregon fan and were not in the CFP.  You probably get more excited to go somewhere to face say Notre Dame, or Clemson, or Oklahoma then traveling to a non playoff game involving Liberty.  Attendance would be better. 

Edited by Surly Bevo

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

if this is next years 5/12 playoff game oregon travels and sells it out especially since it's out west

it would be at Oregon, right? so it would be a sellout.

Who gives a fuck about cr bullshit. This board should be nothing but sports talk and tiddie pics. The rest should get the ban hammer. 

fuck both schools. We’re gonna beat Washington by 2 td’s. Been saying it since day 1 we got them. 38-24. Suck a dick resident Washington fans.

• Hook 'Em 7

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

Only thing that interests me about this game is Oregon wearing some good unis for a change

oregon-fiesta-bowl-uniform-4.webp

While I appreciate the Dan Fouts era, throwback uniforms, I'm used to seeing Nike U in everything but school colors.

14 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

if this is next years 5/12 playoff game oregon travels and sells it out especially since it's out west

That could be the case but see the post I specifically responded to.

CFB needs to cut back to the 12-team playoff and maybe 15 other bowls max where you get the top 40ish teams playing in the postseason.”

this is the fiesta bowl which specifically plays in AZ not on campus.  

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Who gives a fuck about cr bullshit. This board should be nothing but sports talk and tiddie pics. The rest should get the ban hammer. 

fuck both schools. We’re gonna beat Washington by 2 td’s. Been saying it since day 1 we got them. 38-24. Suck a dick resident Washington fans.

This

I had Bo Nix as my top passer on my pick 'em sheet, so that's all I care about. No hate for either also-ran.

2 minutes ago, SDG said:

That could be the case but see the post I specifically responded to.

CFB needs to cut back to the 12-team playoff and maybe 15 other bowls max where you get the top 40ish teams playing in the postseason.”

this is the fiesta bowl which specifically plays in AZ not on campus.  

And it wouldn’t be these two teams or others like them, after the round of on-campus games. 

3 hours ago, Tex Long said:

How many opt-outs do these Don't Wanna Be There fuckers have?

For Oregon it’s four from what I could find. A couple of them were coming off injuries.  But Bo Nix is playing and could have easily opted out.  My guess is Liberty is pretty close to full strength 

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I mean that PI was pretty egregious, both hands pulling down on WR’s right arm

The only reason his arm was there was because the receiver pushed off. Should have been offensive pass interference. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Liberty is sucking ass

While a Boise St vs OU type performance would've been fun, LU doesn't have the roster to do it.

Paper tigers whipped a Charmin soft schedule to get here.

• Hook 'Em 1