Hey Buuuudy, the Weasel's back

DixonHur

I regret to inform you that Pauly Shore is back from the dead and set to star as Richard Simmons in a new biopic at Warner Bros.

“I’m really excited about sharing Richard Simmons’s life with the world,” said Shore in a statement. “We all need this biopic now more than ever. Simmons represented mental health, getting people in shape and being his authentic silly self! Whenever he was on TV you could never take your eyes off of him and he brought such a joy to his appearances that represented nothing but a good time.”

Link

sickbro-shockabrah.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

I honestly thought his 15-minutes were up...or I should say hoped.  I didn't like him the first time around...but who knows, maybe he's mellowed with age.

I'm not holding my breath, nor spending one cent to find out. I'll wait to see what people who are paid to watch his movies have to say.

14 hours ago, royiv said:

If you had asked me if Richard Simmons was still around, I would have guessed he was dead.

He's actually gone the Howard Hughes route and has disappeared from the public. I just assume he got fat and hides his shame. It was always apparent he is a very tortured soul.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I love Pauly Shore and I don’t care who knows it. Son in law and In the Army Now are great. 

Some years back, Shore banged a notorious DG while touring in Austin. She was the older sister to one of our pledges. He started sobbing when he found out. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Team Pauly here. He committed to the bit and it became oddly entertaining after the initial wtf wore off.

I remember watching Som in Law thinking no way does this schtick hold up for a full movie and it turned out to be, by God, endearing.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/19/2024 at 9:32 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I know the producers have a right to make a film about a living person but seems a bit shady to make an unauthorized film about someone that doesn't seem to have ever harmed anyone. 

I would bet it paints him in a positive light though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

We’re really scraping the bottom of the barrel now as a society 

Nah, Richard Simmons was a Navy SEAL in Vietnam that collected human ears, so he’s an interesting person to study..

Edit Never mind, was thinking of Mr Rogers.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Nah, Richard Simmons was a Navy SEAL in Vietnam that collected human ears, so he’s an interesting person to study..

Edit Never mind, was thinking of Mr Rogers.

*Bob Ross

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

*Bob Ross

Bored Will And Grace GIF by Cameo

I knew it was somebody on PBS, and I realized Simmons wasn’t on there.  It wasn’t Julia Child because she did her killing in WWII, and I was thinking of Justin Wilson the other day, but I knew he was too old in addition to being a piece of shit.

Anyways, yeah, I don’t get the vibe from Pauly Shore that it will be a negative film.

• Haha 1

Team Pauly here.  A couple years ago my buddy had an extra ticket to see him at The Secret Group in Houston (which holds like 80 people or so).  I was in a movie so when I got out of the movie I saw his invite and took off to get there in time.  I also had the great idea to bust out my Son in Law CD that was in my trunk and managed to get that signed by Pauly lmao 

I watched the short....I mean Pauly could pull off playing Richard in a legit full length movie, but he ain't winning any Oscar like he wants to lol 

son in law.jpg

Edited by Scraps

14 hours ago, Scraps said:

Team Pauly here.  A couple years ago my buddy had an extra ticket to see him at The Secret Group in Houston (which holds like 80 people or so).  I was in a movie so when I got out of the movie I saw his invite and took off to get there in time.  I also had the great idea to bust out my Son in Law CD that was in my trunk and managed to get that signed by Pauly lmao 

I watched the short....I mean Pauly could pull off playing Richard in a legit full length movie, but he ain't winning any Oscar like he wants to lol 

son in law.jpg

lol why do you own this?

• Haha 1

On 1/18/2024 at 5:56 PM, Deej said:

I have to hand it to Pauly Shore. As much shit has he's had to take, he seems to have handled it well.

Plus, Son in Law was entertaining enough. 

tumblr_pymjbd8wZL1xmc7aio3_r1_540.gif

The non Pauly Shore parts weren't bad

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952ai6cd7g96yuu4iyyd

• Drool 1

I kinda liked Son in Law, Encino Man, In the Army Now, etc.. all good scripts and casting and Pauly was just good/goofy enough to be the lead in some of those silly 90's comedies, but this feels an awful lot like Pauly being bored and realizing he looks like Richard Simmons and using some of his family connections to get an unauthorized biopic made. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

I kinda liked Son in Law, Encino Man, In the Army Now, etc.. all good scripts and casting and Pauly was just good/goofy enough to be the lead in some of those silly 90's comedies, but this feels an awful lot like Pauly being bored and realizing he looks like Richard Simmons and using some of his family connections to get an unauthorized biopic made. 

And I’m fine with that

7 hours ago, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

I was at the base that they filmed part of In the Army Now at, and when it hit the theaters, we were all cringing so hard at how much they got wrong.  And I know for a fact that the film crews had soldiers telling them how things should be done, etc., and they just ignored it, even though they were being given access to the base and some of the equipment, etc.

On 1/22/2024 at 8:22 AM, Scraps said:

son in law.jpg

Do you mean DVD? Or you actually own a Son in Law Soundtrack CD?

From the photo, it appears to be one of those mini-CDs